The Green Gem is an item used to craft two Ancient items. It can be used to craft the Construction Amulet, which raises Sanity as well as halves the resource cost of crafting items, and the Deconstruction Staff, which can be used to destroy structures/items and receive all of the resources used in their construction (barring Gems).
In Don't Starve Together, there are additional ways to get acquire to Green Gems:
- The Dragonfly drops 1-2 Green Gems upon death.
- Spazmatism can be killed every 15 days for a guarenteed Green Gem.
- Green Gems can be gathered in the Ruins from Cave Holes by using The Lazy Forager. The Ruins can be regenerated by killing the Ancient Fuelweaver, so every time the Ancient Fuelweaver is killed, the player can regenerate new gems.
- The Large Ornate Chest has a chance to contain Green Gems each time the Ancient Guardian is killed.
- Sunken Chests have a chance of dropping Green Gems when hammered.
- Green Gems can be obtained from presents under a Winter's Feast Tree (only during Winter's Feast).
- The Table and Chair Relics have a roughly 0.2% chance to drop Orange Gems when destroyed.
- Tumbleweeds have a roughly 0.02% chance to drop Orange Gems when harvested.
|Obtained by inserting the Gem into the Cratered Moonrock.|
In the Reign of Giants DLC, because Green Gems are somewhat renewable, the items it can be crafted into can be utilized to make nearly any other item in the game renewable, by crafting something with the amulet at half-price and then deconstructing it with the Deconstruction Staff for a full return.
- The Green Gem uses the Red Gem's texture, only flipped and coloured green.
- Despite also being green, the gem in Wormwood's body came from the moon.
|Pickable without tools||Cut Grass • Twigs • Cut Reeds • Petals • (Seashell • Dubloons )|
|Obtained using||Log • Living Log • Charcoal • (Palm Leaf ) (Cork )|
|Obtained using||Rocks • Flint • Gold Nugget • Nitre • Gems • Marble • (Charcoal • Coral ) (Moon Rock )|
|Obtained using||(Rocks • Flint • Gold Nugget • Nitre • Gems • Sand )|
||(Vine • Bamboo ) (Grass • Tuber (Blooming Tuber) )|
|Obtained by trading||Gold Nugget • Gems • (Dubloons ) (Oinc (Tenpiece Oinc) • Royal Gallery Key )|
|Obtained by other methods||(Obsidian • Tar )|