–Wilson, after digging a grave
Each grave dug with a Shovel has a 10% chance to spawn a Ghost, which will be aggressive towards the player. Otherwise, the player will uncover an Amulet, Gravedigger Item, Blue Gem, Red Gem, Gears, or Nightmare Fuel. Once dug, the grave will not respawn. Each world has a limited number of them.
Headstones are objects that usually spawn next to a Grave. They currently have no usage, except for decoration, and they can not be moved by using a Hammer.
List of possible epitaphs:
- "Here lies some guy. Blah blah blah."
- "This headstone is blank"
- "It says: 'Milk. Eggs. Bacon.'"
- "Hey that's my name!"
1) "mound" The mound is just the pile of dirt, along with no headstone.
2) "gravestone" The whole grave, including the mound and headstone.