The Orange Gem is an item used to craft several Ancient items in Don't Starve. It can be used to craft The Lazy Forager, which automatically collects items, and The Lazy Explorer, which teleports the player a short distance across the screen.
Downloadable Content Edit
In the Reign of Giants DLC, Orange Gems have a 0.02% chance to be dropped by Tumbleweeds, making them a renewable resource. In the Shipwrecked DLC, Orange Gems can be found in buried X Marks the Spot treasure chests. In the Hamlet DLC, there is a very low chance for Orange Gems to drop from Hammering Smashing Pots.
Don't Starve Together Edit
In Don't Starve Together, there are four ways to farm Orange Gems:
- Tumbleweeds have a chance to drop Orange Gems when harvested. However, the chances of getting an Orange Gem from a tumbleweed is roughly 0.06%.
- The Dragonfly drops 1-2 Orange Gems upon death.
- Orange Gems can be gathered in the Caves from Cave Holes by using The Lazy Forager. The Ruins can be regenerated by killing the Ancient Fuelweaver, so by killing the boss over and over again, the player is able to farm the gems.
- By killing the Ancient Fuelweaver over and over again the player is also able to farm Large Ornate Chests which have a chance to contain Orange Gems.
|Obtained by inserting the Gem into the Cratered Moonrock.|
- The Orange Gem's element appears to be sloth; its opposite being the Green Gem.
|Pickable without tools||Cut Grass • Twigs • Cut Reeds • Petals • (Seashell • Dubloons )|
|Obtained using||Log • Living Log • Charcoal • (Palm Leaf ) (Cork )|
|Obtained using||Rocks • Flint • Gold Nugget • Nitre • Gems • Marble • (Charcoal • Coral ) (Moon Rock )|
|Obtained using||(Rocks • Flint • Gold Nugget • Nitre • Gems • Sand )|
||(Vine • Bamboo ) (Grass • Tuber (Blooming Tuber) )|
|Obtained by trading||Gold Nugget • Gems • (Dubloons ) (Oinc (Tenpiece Oinc) • Royal Gallery Key )|
|Obtained by other methods||(Obsidian • Tar )|