The Green Gem is an item used to craft several Ancient items. It can be used to craft the Construction Amulet, which raises Sanity as well as halves the resource cost of crafting items, and the Deconstruction Staff, which can be used to destroy structures/items and receive all of the resources used in their construction (barring Gems).
Downloadable Content Edit
Don't Starve TogetherEdit
In Don't Starve Together, there are four ways to farm Green Gems:
- The Dragonfly has a chance to drop Green Gems upon death.
- Green Gems can be gathered in the Caves from Cave Holes by using The Lazy Forager. The Ruins can be regenerated by killing the Ancient Fuelweaver, so by killing the boss over and over again the player is able to farm the gems.
- By killing the Ancient Fuelweaver over and over again the player is able to farm Large Ornate Chests which have a chance to contain Green Gems.
- Green gems can be obtained from presents, by a Winter's feast tree with a 7% of dropping (only during Winter's Feast).
|Obtained by inserting the Gem into the Cratered Moonrock.|
In the Reign of Giants DLC, because Green Gems are (barely) renewable, the items it can be crafted into can be utilized to make nearly any other item in the game renewable, by crafting something with the amulet at half-price and then deconstructing it with the staff for a full return.
- The Green Gem uses the Red Gem's texture, only flipped and coloured green.
- Despite also being green, the gem in Wormwood's body came from the moon.
|Pickable without tools||Cut Grass • Twigs • Cut Reeds • Petals • (Seashell • Dubloons )|
|Obtained using||Log • Living Log • Charcoal • (Palm Leaf ) (Cork )|
|Obtained using||Rocks • Flint • Gold Nugget • Nitre • Gems • Marble • (Charcoal • Coral ) (Moon Rock )|
|Obtained using||(Rocks • Flint • Gold Nugget • Nitre • Gems • Sand )|
||(Vine • Bamboo ) (Grass • Tuber (Blooming Tuber) )|
|Obtained by trading||Gold Nugget • Gems • (Dubloons ) (Oinc (Tenpiece Oinc) • Royal Gallery Key )|
|Obtained by other methods||(Obsidian • Tar )|