Enlightenment replaces Sanity on the Lunar Island, Lunar Grotto and Moonstorm, sharing the same value. Effects that increase Sanity will increase Enlightenment on the Lunar Island or in the Lunar Grotto, and vice versa.
Enlightenment will also increase by 0.625/minute during the Day, and stops during Dusk and Night. Being in total Darkness will drain Enlightenment by -10/minute.
Enlightenment Effects[edit | edit source]
High Enlightenment is accompanied with effects similar to low Sanity. The environment will begin to become distorted and creatures called Gestalts become visible in a similar manner to Shadow Creatures. Low Enlightenment produces results similar to high Sanity in which the Gestalts disappear and the environment returns to a normal state. Therefore, the player cannot be completely sane in one world without being insane in the other.
- Blue veil and ambient sounds appear slowly with Enlightenment.
- Pulsations in the center of the screen will begin to be visible.
- Gestalts appear, but they avoid the player.
- When inactive the player regularly shakes their head between their hands.
- Gestalts no longer try to avoid the player and attack if the player is too close.
- Gestalts follow and attack the player if they are in range.
- The enlightened character looks dizzy or awestruck when left idle.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Enlightenment was introduced in the Turn of Tides update.