Emotes are a feature in Don't Starve Together that allow the player to have their character perform an action by typing the corresponding command into the chat. Several commands can be used by default, such as: /happy, /angry, /no, /bonesaw, /dance, /facepalm, /joy, /kiss, /pose, /rude, /cry, /wave, /sit, /squat, and /toast. Some of these commands (such as dance, sit, and squat) are looped and will continue playing until the characters move or are hit.
Domesticated Beefalo also have their own set of emotes when mounted by a character. The Beefalo will mimic whatever emote the player types in the chat. However, Beefalo don't have pose or wave emotes, so they will simply standstill when the player uses those commands.
Some default Emotes have alternate commands, listed in the table below in parentheses underneath the main command.
(/anger, /grimace, /grimaces, /frustrate, /frustrated, /frustration)
(/annoyed, /annoy, /shakehead, /shake, /confuse, /confused)
(/ready, /goingnowhere, /playtime, /threeminutes)
(/click, /heelclick, /heels, /celebrate, /celebration)
(/blowkiss, /smooch, /mwa, /mwah)
(/waves, /hi, /bye, /goodbye)
There are also Emotes that are event-exclusive or can only be unlocked by completing Skin ensembles. Emotes can be unlocked through Chests (either purchased through the Shop or earned by leveling up) or weaved with Spools. They cannot be traded or sold on the Steam market. Emotes can be previewed in the Curio Cabinet.
The Forge Emotes
Valentine's Day Emotes
This emote is unlockable by playing Don't Starve Together on Valentine's Day.
Ensemble Reward Emotes
Yawn, Sleepy, Carol, and Fistshake are Reward emotes, and can be unlocked by completing an ensemble of clothing.
|Blue Sleepytime Ensemble||You look cozy from top to bottom. Sweet dreams, sleepy survivor!|
|Yawny Jammies Ensemble||You are so ready for a nap. You've never been more ready for anything in your entire life.|
|Forge Set Ensemble||Why, you!||
One complete The Gladiator set
|Snowfallen Ensemble||The spirit of Winter's Feast will keep you warm when you go a-caroling tonight!||
One complete The Snowfallen set
- The emote /bonesaw and its alternate commands (/ready, /goingnowhere, /playtime, /threeminutes) are a reference to the 2002 Spider-Man film. The commands originate from quotes by the character Bonesaw McGraw: "Bonesaw is ready!" and "Hey freak show! You're going nowhere. I got you for three minutes. Three minutes of playtime."
- There is an unused 'Dab' emote in the animation files used for one of Klei's tweets that can be activated, like all other player animations, using commands in the Console. The command is:
ThePlayer.AnimState:PlayAnimation("emote_dab_pre")or "emote_dab_loop" or "emote_dab_pst"
- The Sleepy Emote's old description was "You are getting veeery /sleepy..."
- The /toast emote was originally added during the Winter's Feast event of 2019.
- The Yawny Jammies Ensemble used to be called the Purple Jammies Ensemble.
- The animations performed by the Crabby Hermit can also be activated via console, using the following commands:
(Curio Cabinet • Spools • Trade Inn • Treasury)