Don't Starve Together has been updated since its initial beta in 2014.
- Closed Beta
Don't Starve Together began with a closed beta on October 3, 2014. Sets of four keys were given to 100 of the original Don't Starve beta testers as well as a few active members of the community. A small number of keys were then given out over the next few weeks in Twitch giveaways and other promotions.
Beginning with the first major update ...In With The New, a few hundred keys were given out daily to the nearly 80,000 users who registered for the closed beta.
- Open Beta
On December 15, 2014, Don't Starve Together entered open beta in the form of Early Access on Steam. It was available as a $5 upgrade dubbed the Frontier Pack for those who owned a copy of Don't Starve.
- On March 17, 2015, a public test branch was introduced for the implementation of the Reign of Giants DLC, that was integrated into the main branch on April 21, 2015.
- On September 17, 2015, a beta branch for the addition of the Caves and Ruins was established, that was integrated into the main branch on November 18, 2015.
- Official Release
On April 21, 2016, Don't Starve Together left Early Access and had its official release. Its full price was added, $20. While most bugs were fixed, hotfixes were still released regularly.
- A New Reign
The East or West, Base is Best update on August 11, 2016, marked the beginning of the A New Reign beta branch. Updates to the beta branch are listed separately in A New Reign's Version History. Its content was officially added to the main branch in three major updates on October 18, 2016 (Part 1), on November 24, 2016 (Part 2), and on April 6, 2017 (Release).
The development of A New Reign was officially ended on April 10, 2017.
- Return of Them
The Turn of Tides update on May 16, 2019 marked the beginning of the Return of Them beta branch. Updates to the beta branch are listed separately in its own Version History. Its content was officially added to the main branch beginning on August 15, 2019.
- 1 Return of Them (since May 16, 2019)
- 1.1 April 2, 2021
- 1.2 April 1, 2021 - Wes Character Update
- 1.3 March 23, 2021
- 1.4 March 22, 2021
- 1.5 March 16, 2021
- 1.6 March 15, 2021
- 1.7 March 12, 2021
- 1.8 March 11, 2021 - March 2021 QOL Update
- 1.9 February 11, 2021
- 1.10 February 9, 2021
- 1.11 February 5, 2021
- 1.12 February 4, 2021 - Year of the Beefalo
- 1.13 January 6, 2021
- 1.14 December 22, 2020
- 1.15 December 17, 2020
- 1.16 December 16, 2020
- 1.17 December 15, 2020 - Reap What You Sow
- 1.18 December 4, 2020
- 1.19 November 26, 2020
- 1.20 November 5, 2020
- 1.21 November 3, 2020
- 1.22 October 28, 2020
- 1.23 October 27, 2020
- 1.24 October 26, 2020
- 1.25 October 23, 2020
- 1.26 October 22, 2020 - Forgotten Knowledge
- 1.27 September 29, 2020
- 1.28 September 24, 2020 - Wigfrid Character Update
- 1.29 September 1, 2020
- 1.30 August 28, 2020
- 1.31 August 21, 2020
- 1.32 August 20, 2020 - August 2020 QOL Update
- 1.33 July 22, 2020
- 1.34 July 17, 2020
- 1.35 July 16, 2020 - Troubled Waters
- 1.36 June 26, 2020
- 1.37 June 23, 2020
- 1.38 June 18, 2020
- 1.39 June 16, 2020
- 1.40 June 15, 2020
- 1.41 June 15, 2020 - Walter Character Update
- 1.42 May 29, 2020
- 1.43 May 28, 2020
- 1.44 May 28, 2020 - May 2020 QOL Update
- 1.45 May 5, 2020
- 1.46 April 28, 2020
- 1.47 April 24, 2020
- 1.48 April 23, 2020
- 1.49 April 23, 2020 - She Sells Sea Shells
- 1.50 April 1, 2020
- 1.51 March 27, 2020
- 1.52 March 26, 2020
- 1.53 March 25, 2020
- 1.54 March 20, 2020
- 1.55 March 19, 2020 - Wendy Character Update
- 1.56 February 6, 2020
- 1.57 January 31, 2020
- 1.58 January 27, 2020
- 1.59 January 23, 2020 - Year of the Carrat
- 1.60 January 9, 2020
- 1.61 January 8, 2020
- 1.62 December 23, 2019
- 1.63 December 18, 2019
- 1.64 December 16, 2019
- 1.65 December 13, 2019
- 1.66 December 12, 2019 - Hook, Line & Inker + Winter's Feast
- 1.67 November 25, 2019
- 1.68 November 21, 2019
- 1.69 November 14, 2019
- 1.70 November 7, 2019
- 1.71 November 1, 2019
- 1.72 October 31, 2019
- 1.73 October 30, 2019
- 1.74 October 25, 2019
- 1.75 October 24, 2019 - Wurt Character Update and Hallowed Nights
- 1.76 October 3, 2019 - Salty Dog
- 1.77 September 26, 2019
- 1.78 September 19, 2019
- 1.79 September 17, 2019
- 1.80 September 13, 2019
- 1.81 September 12, 2019 - Woodie Character Update
- 1.82 August 28, 2019
- 1.83 August 21, 2019
- 1.84 August 16, 2019
- 1.85 August 15, 2019 - Turn of Tides
- 1.86 July 29, 2019
- 1.87 July 26, 2019
- 1.88 July 25, 2019 - Warly Character Update
- 1.89 June 10, 2019
- 1.90 June 7, 2019
- 1.91 June 6, 2019 - Wormwood Character Update
- 2 Release Patches (since April 10, 2017)
- 2.1 May 9, 2019
- 2.2 May 8, 2019
- 2.3 May 7, 2019 - Willow Character Update
- 2.4 April 5, 2019
- 2.5 March 29, 2019
- 2.6 March 28, 2019 - Wortox Character Update
- 2.7 March 12, 2019
- 2.8 March 8, 2019
- 2.9 March 7, 2019 - Winona Character Update
- 2.10 January 25, 2019
- 2.11 January 24, 2019 - Year of the Pig King
- 2.12 December 6, 2018 - Winter's Feast
- 2.13 December 3, 2018
- 2.14 November 23, 2018
- 2.15 November 19, 2018
- 2.16 November 14, 2018
- 2.17 November 13, 2018
- 2.18 November 8, 2018 - The Forge
- 2.19 The Forge Beta (since November 5, 2018)
- 2.20 October 29, 2018
- 2.21 October 26, 2018
- 2.22 October 25, 2018 - Hallowed Nights
- 2.23 October 11, 2018
- 2.24 October 9, 2018
- 2.25 October 5, 2018
- 2.26 October 3, 2018
- 2.27 October 1, 2018
- 2.28 September 27, 2018 - Celestial Update
- 2.29 August 2, 2018
- 2.30 July 18, 2018
- 2.31 July 17, 2018
- 2.32 July 13, 2018
- 2.33 July 12, 2018
- 2.34 July 10, 2018
- 2.35 July 9, 2018
- 2.36 July 6, 2018
- 2.37 July 4, 2018
- 2.38 June 29, 2018
- 2.39 June 27, 2018
- 2.40 June 26, 2018
- 2.41 June 22, 2018
- 2.42 June 21, 2018
- 2.43 June 20, 2018
- 2.44 June 19, 2018
- 2.45 June 18, 2018
- 2.46 June 15, 2018
- 2.47 June 14, 2018 - The Gorge
- 2.48 The Gorge Beta (since June 12, 2018)
- 2.49 May 23, 2018
- 2.50 March 16, 2018
- 2.51 March 15, 2018
- 2.52 February 14, 2018
- 2.53 February 9, 2018 - Year of the Varg
- 2.54 January 18, 2018
- 2.55 January 8, 2018
- 2.56 January 3, 2018
- 2.57 December 19, 2017
- 2.58 December 18, 2017 - Winter's Feast
- 2.59 December 4, 2017
- 2.60 November 30, 2017
- 2.61 November 23, 2017
- 2.62 November 21, 2017
- 2.63 November 16, 2017
- 2.64 November 15, 2017
- 2.65 November 14, 2017
- 2.66 November 12, 2017
- 2.67 November 10, 2017
- 2.68 November 9, 2017 - The Forge
- 2.69 October 31, 2017
- 2.70 October 30, 2017 - Hallowed Nights
- 2.71 The Forge Beta (since October 23, 2017)
- 2.72 September 18, 2017
- 2.73 September 13, 2017
- 2.74 August 2, 2017
- 2.75 July 13, 2017
- 2.76 June 22, 2017
- 2.77 May 25, 2017
- 2.78 May 23, 2017
- 2.79 May 18, 2017 - Bonus Update
- 2.80 April 28, 2017
- 2.81 April 27, 2017
- 2.82 April 25, 2017
- 2.83 April 24, 2017
- 2.84 April 21, 2017
- 2.85 April 18, 2017
- 3 A New Reign (since August 11, 2016)
- 3.1 April 7, 2017
- 3.2 April 6, 2017 - Release Build
- 3.3 February 27, 2017
- 3.4 February 16, 2017
- 3.5 February 14, 2017 - Valentine's Day
- 3.6 January 20, 2017
- 3.7 January 19, 2017 - Year of the Gobbler
- 3.8 January 5, 2017
- 3.9 December 21, 2016
- 3.10 December 19, 2016
- 3.11 December 16, 2016
- 3.12 December 15, 2016 - Winter's Feast
- 3.13 November 29, 2016
- 3.14 November 28, 2016
- 3.15 November 24, 2016 - Release Build: A New Reign, Part 2
- 3.16 November 8, 2016
- 3.17 October 25, 2016
- 3.18 October 24, 2016
- 3.19 October 21, 2016
- 3.20 October 18, 2016 - Release Build: A New Reign, Part 1
- 3.21 October 3, 2016
- 3.22 September 28, 2016
- 3.23 September 27, 2016
- 3.24 September 23, 2016
- 3.25 August 26, 2016
- 3.26 August 15, 2016
- 4 Official Release (since April 21, 2016)
- 4.1 August 8, 2016
- 4.2 August 3, 2016
- 4.3 July 11, 2016
- 4.4 July 8, 2016
- 4.5 July 7, 2016
- 4.6 July 5, 2016
- 4.7 July 4, 2016
- 4.8 June 30, 2016
- 4.9 June 29, 2016
- 4.10 June 24, 2016
- 4.11 June 23, 2016
- 4.12 June 20, 2016
- 4.13 June 15, 2016
- 4.14 June 13, 2016
- 4.15 June 10, 2016
- 4.16 May 26, 2016
- 4.17 May 20, 2016
- 4.18 May 19, 2016
- 4.19 May 17, 2016
- 4.20 May 13, 2016
- 4.21 May 12, 2016
- 4.22 May 11, 2016
- 4.23 May 9, 2016
- 4.24 May 6, 2016
- 4.25 May 5, 2016
- 4.26 May 4, 2016
- 4.27 April 28, 2016
- 4.28 April 25, 2016
- 4.29 April 22, 2016
- 5 Open Beta (since December 15, 2014)
- 5.1 April 21, 2016
- 5.2 April 20, 2016
- 5.3 April 19, 2016
- 5.4 April 12, 2016
- 5.5 April 7, 2016
- 5.6 April 8, 2016
- 5.7 March 17, 2016
- 5.8 March 9, 2016
- 5.9 March 8, 2016
- 5.10 February 19, 2016
- 5.11 February 12, 2016
- 5.12 February 11, 2016
- 5.13 February 5, 2016
- 5.14 January 27, 2016
- 5.15 January 21, 2016
- 5.16 January 20, 2016
- 5.17 January 15, 2016
- 5.18 January 5, 2016
- 5.19 December 23, 2015
- 5.20 December 7, 2015
- 5.21 November 30, 2015
- 5.22 November 27, 2015
- 5.23 November 26, 2015
- 5.24 November 25, 2015
- 5.25 November 23, 2015
- 5.26 November 20, 2015
- 5.27 November 19, 2015
- 5.28 November 18, 2015 - Integration of Caves Beta
- 5.29 Caves Beta (since September 17, 2015)
- 5.29.1 November 18, 2015
- 5.29.2 November 16, 2015
- 5.29.3 November 13, 2015
- 5.29.4 November 10, 2015
- 5.29.5 November 6, 2015
- 5.29.6 November 2, 2015
- 5.29.7 October 30, 2015
- 5.29.8 October 22, 2015
- 5.29.9 October 21, 2015
- 5.29.10 October 16, 2015
- 5.29.11 October 15, 2015
- 5.29.12 October 8, 2015
- 5.29.13 October 6, 2015
- 5.29.14 October 2, 2015
- 5.29.15 September 30, 2015
- 5.29.16 September 29, 2015 - Addition of Ruins
- 5.29.17 September 23, 2015
- 5.29.18 September 18, 2015
- 5.30 September 1, 2015
- 5.31 August 24, 2015
- 5.32 August 21, 2015
- 5.33 August 20, 2015
- 5.34 August 5, 2015
- 5.35 July 30, 2015
- 5.36 July 27, 2015
- 5.37 July 24, 2015
- 5.38 July 23, 2015
- 5.39 July 9, 2015
- 5.40 June 17, 2015
- 5.41 June 8, 2015
- 5.42 June 5, 2015
- 5.43 June 4, 2015
- 5.44 June 3, 2015
- 5.45 June 1, 2015
- 5.46 May 25, 2015
- 5.47 May 20, 2015
- 5.48 May 19, 2015
- 5.49 May 15, 2015
- 5.50 May 14, 2015
- 5.51 May 11, 2015
- 5.52 May 7, 2015
- 5.53 May 6, 2015
- 5.54 May 5, 2015
- 5.55 May 4, 2015
- 5.56 April 29, 2015
- 5.57 April 27, 2015
- 5.58 April 24, 2015
- 5.59 April 23, 2015
- 5.60 April 21, 2015 - Integration of Reign of Giants Beta
- 5.61 April 1, 2015
- 5.62 March 25, 2015
- 5.63 March 20, 2015
- 5.64 Reign of Giants Beta (since March 17, 2015)
- 5.65 March 16, 2015
- 5.66 March 12, 2015
- 5.67 March 6, 2015
- 5.68 March 5, 2015
- 5.69 March 4, 2015
- 5.70 March 3, 2015
- 5.71 February 26, 2015
- 5.72 February 23, 2015
- 5.73 February 18, 2015
- 5.74 February 16, 2015
- 5.75 February 12, 2015 - Mac / Linux and Controller support
- 5.76 February 10, 2015
- 5.77 February 6, 2015
- 5.78 January 28, 2015
- 5.79 January 27, 2015
- 5.80 January 21, 2015
- 5.81 January 20, 2015
- 5.82 January 16, 2015
- 5.83 January 14, 2015
- 5.84 January 13, 2015
- 5.85 January 9, 2015
- 5.86 January 7, 2015
- 5.87 December 24, 2014
- 5.88 December 23, 2014
- 5.89 December 17, 2014
- 5.90 December 16, 2014
- 6 Closed Beta (since October 3, 2014)
- 6.1 December 14, 2014
- 6.2 December 12, 2014
- 6.3 December 11, 2014
- 6.4 December 10, 2014
- 6.5 December 9, 2014
- 6.6 December 5, 2014
- 6.7 December 4, 2014
- 6.8 December 3, 2014
- 6.9 December 2, 2014 - Stuck in the Middle with Ewe
- 6.10 November 28, 2014
- 6.11 November 26, 2014
- 6.12 November 24, 2014
- 6.13 November 21, 2014
- 6.14 November 17, 2014
- 6.15 November 7, 2014
- 6.16 November 6, 2014
- 6.17 November 5, 2014 - ...In with the New
- 6.18 October 28, 2014
- 6.19 October 23, 2014
- 6.20 October 21, 2014
- 6.21 October 17, 2014
- 6.22 October 8, 2014
- 6.23 October 7, 2014
Return of Them (since May 16, 2019)
This list only contains updates that were transferred from the Return of Them beta to the main branch. For a detailed overview of the beta updates, see Return of Them's Version History.
April 2, 2021
- Fixed a Battle Helm crash when picking it after using the Clean Sweeper on it
- Restored the custom sounds when Wes inflates up balloons
- Fixed a bug that caused Wes to become invisible while miming on a beefalo.
- Fixed Pan Flute skinning.
- Fixed water ripples for the Inflatable Vest while it is in the ocean.
- Added Pantomimed Oar and Driftwood Oar skins.
- Fixed hidden Pantomimed skins when they are floating.
- Notes for Modders: Recipes can now define "buildingstate" to specify which stategraph state the player will use when crafting that item
For worlds stuck in an infinite load
We have identified the source of the problem and are working on a fix so it will not happen again. We also have a plan to automatically restore the worlds affected by this but it will probably not be ready until Monday. Until then, if you feel tech savvy, you can follow the instructions below to restore your worlds. And remember to backup your save files first. Thank you to everyone who provided bug reports on the issue.
- In the host server screen, click on the open folder button (it is above the delete button)
- < ! Backup this folder or you run the risk of losing your world permanently ! >
- Within the Cluster folder, navigate to Master/save/session/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
- xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is a 16 digit series of numbers and letters. If you have multiple folders, you can search the server_log.txt to see which number is referenced.
- In this folder:
- write down the highest number of the files located here (not including the folders). Eg: 0000000032 and 0000000032.meta
- Delete the other number files (do not delete the folders or GemCoreTileData if it exists)
- Now navigate to Caves/save/session/yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy/
- yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy is a different 16 digits from what is in master
- In this folder:
- Find the highest number of the files located here and change the filename to match the numbers that were in master. Eg: 0000000032 and 0000000032.meta
- Delete the other number files (do not delete the folders or GemCoreTileData if it exists)
- Restart DST
- You should now be able to load your world. If it does not work, then restore your backed up files and try again.
April 1, 2021 - Wes Character Update
- Fixed a crash caused by Wigfrid’s Battle Helm
- Fixed a crash when giving Abigail Elixirs
- Fixed the rotation of Wooden Gates
- Fixed an issue causing items drops to fail to be opened correctly
- Notes for modders: Child objects now inherit their parent’s rotation
Today we have our next character refresh! We also have some new skins and a new short. No foolin'!
Don't Starve Together: C'est La Vie
Some people just seem to attract more than their fair share of bad luck... and even those people are grateful they aren't Wes.
Last year Wes received a character refresh that was largely divisive among members of the community. While our intention was to give him the proper attention he deserves, we didn't sufficiently focus on changes that really emphasize the essence of who Wes really is.
Here are the details:
- Wes now has a Balloonomancy crafting tab where he can inflate various types of balloons
- Balloon - The same old balloons, now with a few more shapes
- Speedy Balloon - An overly inflated balloon to help become lighter on your feet, but don’t let go!
- Party Balloon - Gather some friends and pop these to host a small party
- Inflatable Vest - Acts as a life jacket, preventing damage from falling in the ocean.
- Balloon Hat - Just a little dapper with some rain protection, and completes your balloon outfit
- Now has the lowest stats of all the survivors
- Hounds waves will focus more on Wes than the other survivors.
- Is more susceptible to overheating and freezing
- Takes longer to recover from grogginess
- Has a higher chance of being struck by lightning
- Is less efficient at mining, chopping, and hammering
- Tools and weapons used by Wes will not wear out as fast
- No longer suffers from an increase in hunger drain
- Removed the 100 balloon per world limit
- Fixed a crash if a dead Wurt joined a world with the Merm King active.
- Fixed a crash if the player died to electrocution damage.
- Fixed a bug causing the beefalos that deplete all the saltlicks around them to start losing domestication at a rate as if no salt licks were ever around them.
- Fixed a bug causing beefalos to lose domestication 10 times faster than they should.
- The Sea Fishing Rod, Trusty Slingshot, Tackle Box and Spectackler Box can now be eaten by Eyeplants.
- Fixed a bug causing certain creature spawners (Hound Mounds, Beehives, Spiderdens, ect) to not always spawn their respective creatures.
Notes for Modders:
- AnimState:SetSortOrder() now takes a range of -3 to 3
- AnimState:SetFinalOffset() now takes a range of -7 to 7
- Added the component “efficientuser” to allow players to modify the amount of uses consumed on the equipped item when performing actions.
- Added the component “houndedtarget” to allow weighted selection when assigning spawns during a Hound or Depths Worm wave.
- Added loyaltyeffectiveness to the leader component which scales the duration an NPC will follow the player for when fed
- Recipes can now define “dropitem = true” to cause crafted items to be dropped instead of going into the player’s inventory.
Wes Deluxe Wardrobe ($10.99): The Deluxe wardrobe contains the Fool, Guest of Honor, Triumphant, Survivor and Roseate skins for Wes.
The Fool's Tool Chest contains skins for the Walking Cane, Top Hat, and Pan Flute. $3.99 (8 CNY)
In case you missed it, we're offering a new set of streaming drops over on Twitch.tv. Check out this post for details.
We thought that it would be appropriate to do a login bonus centered around how much everybody feels about Wes, so for a limited time, players that login during this time will receive nothing.
The Salt Box Shaker has been added to Klei Rewards. Here is a link for 1200 points, Valid until May 1st.
I can't get into details right now. But the team is working toward finishing the Return of Them arc. Obviously this means a lot of things and more info will come soon, but I thought it would be nice to reveal the hidden image from the roadmap. What is it? Who made it? Why does it matter? You'll find out soon.
March 23, 2021
- Fixed a bug causing merms that die while on fire to drop ash instead of cooked fish.
- Fixed a crash when you quit the game.
- Fixed a crash when hosting a game(but also in a lot of other cases also).
March 22, 2021
- Added an “Insane” option to the world generation slider, greatly increasing the amount of objects generated in the world.
- Greatly reduced the loading times when traveling between worlds on the same server.
- Greatly reduced all loading times when you have lots of mod enabled.
- The Mods Warning Screen now has an option to make the screen not show up again.
- Domesticated beefalo will no longer go into heat.
- The “Clean All” button on the mods screen will no longer delete non workshop mods.
- Fixed Griefer Spawn Protection not providing the appropriate level of protection.
- Fixed an issue where Pipspook could cause mouse detection to break.
- Fixed a bug causing Tallbird Nests to respawn Tallbirds immediately after its Tallbird got killed.
- Fixed a bug causing a crafted Leaky Shack to immediately respawn Merms after its Merm got killed.
- Fixed a crash if you baited a trap with a stack of items, and then left the server.
- Fixed a bug causing Abigail's Flower to have the wrong inventory icon.
- Fixed a bug causing Salamanders to have the wrong hurtbox size.
- Fixed a bug causing Merm Flort-ifications to lose their upgrade when reloading the game while the Merm King is alive.
- Fixed a bug causing Pigs to stop chopping trees prematurely.
- Fixed a bug causing Merms and Merm Guards to stop chopping trees or mining rocks prematurely.
- Fixed a bug causing Spider Queens to still spawn from Spiderdens when they are turned off in World Settings.
- Fixed a bug causing mods on the older workshop API to fail to download if the file path had unicode characters in it.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if steam’s API is too old.
- Fixed a bug causing salt licks to stop working sometimes.
- Fixed a bug causing the Bats World Setting to not appear on Caves worlds
- Fixed a bug causing Crab King to not spawn.
March 16, 2021
- Added a Klei Points counter and link to the Curio Cabinet
- Dedicated servers will now store v2 mods in <install_directory>/ugc_mods/<ClusterDirectory>/<ShardDirectory> (ClusterDirectory and ShardDirectory are the values defined via -cluster and -shard respectively) should you wish to change this, you can add the command line argument -ugc_directory <path to directory to store v2 mods>.
- Fixed a crash if you had a burnt container(anything that can store items) in your world.
- Fixed klaus sack spawning outside of winter with winters feast off.
- Fixed Pig Houses, Bunny Hutches, Molehills and Rabbit Holes not spawning their respective mob.
- Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur if you tried to modify the world generation preset when the preset mode was linked.
- Force enabling v2 workshop mods on dedicated servers will now work, NOTE: you shouldn’t be doing this in most cases, mods should be enabled via modoverrides.lua instead.
- Fixed a bug causing dedicated servers to crash if SteamGameServer_Init failed.
March 15, 2021
- Lord of The Fruit Flies world setting can now be changed in the caves.
- Fixed a bug causing some mod assets to fail to load.
- Fixed a bug causing the timers for Ancient Gateway, Antlion Rage, Dragonfly, Grass Gekko Morphing, and Salt Formation Regrowth to reset upon restarting the game.
- Fixed Lord of The Fruit Flies never spawning.
- Fixed a bug causing mod configuration overrides from mod overrides to get applied after every single mod info is loaded, instead of just once after all modinfo’s have been loaded.
- Added logging for when a steam workshop mod fails to download.
- Added logging for dedicated servers when downloading mods.
- Fixed a crash on mac and linux when the path length for workshop mods was greater than 256 characters.
- Fixed the mods downloading notification not going away when mods finished downloading.
- Fixed a bug causing pigs to respawn immediately upon restarting the game.
March 12, 2021
- Further optimizations to mod asset loading, this should decrease load times when lots of mods are enabled by a significant amount.
- Replaced the restriction to purchase chests with a warning when the contains skins for an unowned character.
- Fixed texture issue with Wormwood’s Cabriole Legs.
- Fixed a bug causing starting inventory to not work if you have no inventory slots(like in the forge mod)
- Fixed a crash when meteor showers were set to never
- Fixed a crash when editing or deleting presets in the linked preset mode.
- Fixed a crash when worldgenoverride.lua contained an invalid preset id.
- Fixed season settings not working properly.
- Fixed file reading/writing not always working.
- Fixed a bug causing mod assets to load with a lower priority than game assets.
- Setting rain to “more”, “less”, or “default” after setting rain to “never” or “always” will work properly now.
- Fixed a crash in the plant registry.
- Fixed a bug causing the world settings menu to not properly display your world settings until you scrolled it a bit.
- Fixed a crash when opening the gorge recipe book.
- Fixed a bug causing repeating inventory actions with a controller (like cooking and eating) to not work when you're not the host.
- Fixed various texture bugs with Wormwood’s heads and hats.
March 11, 2021 - March 2021 QOL Update
- Mod file loading has been changed, this should result in a significant speed up, with the speedup being more noticeable the more mods were enabled.
- Beefalo no longer run away when dismounting them.
- Fixed controller support issue when trying to change Skin filter options.
- Fixed a bug causing performance issues on the host game screen/mods screen.
- Fixed a bug with the friendly fruit flies AI causing it to stutter.
- Fixed salt stacks not having map icons.
- Fixed versioning for leveldataoverrides.lua.
- Fixed the beef bell crafting recipe not prototyping properly.
- Fixed a bug causing beefalo to duplicate in the caves.
- Fixed a bug causing beefalo to lose their speed modifier when traveling from forest to caves.
- Just as a reminder, to set world settings for dedicated servers, you must be using worldgenoverrides.lua, any other method is unsupported and could break at any time. Information regarding worldgenoverrides.lua can be found here.
Notes for Modders
- Modinfo will now only reload if the version string is different from the version string of the modinfo it had already loaded.
We're back with another QOL update, this update contains some changes to world options, they have been split into two categories, world settings (things affect the world after it has been generated), and world generation options (things that affect world generation). By default, saving and loading presets will work as before, or can choose to unlink the world settings and generation options and manage their presets separately. If you host a dedicated server, the method for applying world options is unchanged and will continue to work just fine.
- Containers can now be opened by multiple players at the same time.
- All actions can be repeated by clicking and holding the action button.
- All crafting recipes can be repeated by double clicking and holding the crafting button.
- Setting world generation options to “More” will no longer generate more of that object in every biome, it will now only generate more of that object in biomes where that object already exists.
- World settings, (things that affect game behavior after the world has been generated) can now be changed after a world has been generated.
- The preset menu has been overhauled to allow custom presets to be named.
- Added over 20 new world generation options.
- Added over 60 new world settings.
- The server commands menu (eg. roll back, regenerate the world, etc) is now accessible via the “Server Commands” button in the not-a-pause pause menu.
- The rescue command has been added to the Server Commands menu.
- The player listing screen (scoreboard) can now also be accessed via the not-a-pause pause menu
- Added world settings to assist players when joining someone’s server. These settings should only have an impact on public servers. If you are locally hosting your own private world that only you and some friends play on, your experience will not be affected.
- Extra Starting Resources. New players joining a world after day 10 will start with a few extra resources to make up for the starting area being most likely picked clean.
- Seasonal Starting Items. New players joining a world that is not in autumn will receive a basic seasonal clothing item to help them survive long enough to get started.
- Spawn Protection. When a player spawns in, if there are too many structures near the spawn point or if there are hostile creatures, the player will gain a temporary buff that allows them to walk through structures and prevents them from being targeted.
- Drop Items on Despawn. Sets whether a player will drop only irreplaceable items or drop all their items when they leave the server.
- Year of the Beefalo has ended.
- Beefalo bell has been moved into the tools crafting menu,
- Beefalo groomer has been moved into the structures crafting menu. Recipe changed a little.
- The Year of the Beefalo skins are available all the time now.
- Ice now floats
- Lesser Glow Berries now have a different animation on the ground.
- Fixed a bug causing birchnut trees to update when they shouldn’t
Notes For Modders
- The worlddeciduoustreeupdater component is now deprecated
- You can see this post for the modding api changes made in this update.
Workshop API Upgrade
The Steam Workshop API has been upgraded, this provides the following improvements:
- Mods will be smaller in file size, along with downloading faster.
- Updates won’t require redownloading the whole mod, instead only the changes are downloaded.
- The File limits imposed by the previous API are gone.
- Mods will be automatically updated by the steam client without the game even needing to be open.
- The Mods Tab should perform better due to using the faster API for getting mod info.
More Victorian Skins!
The gang's all here! The rest of the survivors get the Victorian treatment in the Latecomers' Victorian Chest for $7.99 or you can get the Complete Victorian chest for $24.99usd. I don't know about you, but I need that Wortox skin, like now.
New Login Bonuses!
We have a new login bonus for you. The worm Riddled Chest contains the Snaggletooth Wormhole, Lureplant Wormhole, Arachnoid Wormhole and Glow Berry Bush skins just for logging in to the game.
And this week's Klei Rewards link!
Twitch drops are still on Hiatus but hopefully, we'll have some news pretty soon about their return. But for now, have 1700 points and get something cool. (Link expires on 3/18/2021)
And that's it for now.
We're not quite ready to show you what we're working on just yet, but we will post something as soon as we've got something ready. Until then, have fun out there!
February 11, 2021
Changes from 451587:
- Fixed a bug causing all sketches to turn into pawn sketches.
- Adding Settings option to disable Moving Head Icons.
- Fixed a bug causing stumps that decay to remove all the relevant items, instead of leaving one of each item behind.
- Fixed Bundling Wrap from losing skin information when entering and exiting Caves.
- Updating legacy Lunar and Valentine skins to Timeless rarity.
- Beefalo no longer duplicate during a rollback while a player is riding them.
- Beefalo no longer duplicate during a rollback if the Beefalo Bell is in a backpack.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to Hitch a Beefalo while not bonded to a Beefalo.
- Fixed a crash on load if you had Amberosia in your inventory.
- Fixed an issue causing sketches to always give you the pawn figure, sketches that you gave to the sculpting table that turned into pawn sketches are unfortunately not able to be properly fixed.
February 9, 2021
- Beefalo now wake up to follow their bonded player if they go too far away at night, like Chester and Glommer.
- Beefalo in heat cannot be hitched
- Fixed the groomer and sewing machine burnt animations.
- Ridden Beefalo’s costumes work properly if their main build changes now.
- Hitched Beefalo won’t teleport to the owner.
- Traps can now be picked up properly while riding a Beefalo.
- Smoldering objects can now be smothered while riding a Beefalo.
- Domesticated Beefalo will no longer turn feral if their Beefalo Bell bond is broken.
- Fixed player badges from being missing in the server browser.
- Fixed the Redeem Codes text entry box from failing to accept certain codes.
- Fixed Wigfrid’s Merrymaker hair clipping issue.
- Fixed a crash after playing the contest several times.
- Fixed a crash if there are more than 8 posts in a contest.
- Fixed a crash at the end of a contest if you pick a fight with contestants.
- Fixed a crash if the Beefalo got unhitched just as a player tried to groom it
February 5, 2021
- The contests posts won’t get stuck waiting to be marked if the event is aborted now
- Adjust new Victorian wall skins textures so they are less tilted.
- Fixed a texture bug with the Lovely Chest.
- Contestant Beefalo won’t fight their trainers when in heat now.
February 4, 2021 - Year of the Beefalo
- Fixed a possible crash when ending a contest.
- Fixed a bug when a beefalo dies in the contest.
- Fixed a bug causing statue figures to use the wrong animation.
- Fixed a crash when riding Woby.
- Fixed an issue with Winona’s hair in the character selection grid.
- Fixed a crash with no NPCs in the pageant.
- Fixed a crash in the Item Collection when Willow hugs Ashley.
- Fixed a crash when using the Winter’s Feast Lantern.
- Start of Year of the Beefalo.
- Added the Beefalo Shrine.
- Added a Beefalo Bell to name and befriend Beefalo.
- Added the Beefalo Grooming Station to select Beefalo Costume Skins.
- Added Beefalo Pageant
- Fixed a bug causing the world generation on windows to behave differently from mac and linux.
- Fixed another bug causing you to join the wrong shard sometimes after a rollback.
- Fixed an exploit allowing spider nests, lureplants, and fossil pieces to be placed in the same location over and over again.
- Spider nests on boats no longer regenerate spiders.
Notes for Modders
- Added a new system for displaying popups to clients:
- Mods can add popups with the function AddPopup(NAME_OF_POPUP)
- Then doing POPUPS.NAME_OF_POPUP.fn = function(inst, show, …) show/hide your popup end
- And then to show/hide a popup: player:ShowPopup(POPUPS.NAME_OF_POPUP, true/false) if true, shows the popup, if false hides it.
- You can find the implementation of our popups in popupmanager.lua
January 6, 2021
- Emoticons rendering has been fixed.
- Winter’s Feast has ended.
- Wormwood’s plant trail will no longer spawn on boats or the ocean.
- Fixed a rare crash when retrofitting worlds for the Forgotten Knowledge update.
- Fixed a bug causing your character to go to the wrong location after a rollback sometimes.
- Fixed some visual glitches when it's snowing.
- Fixed various skin texture bugs.
- Fixed an issue causing Wormwood to flicker when transitioning bloom stages.
- Lowered the drop rate of seeds from birds.
- Reduced the collision size of the archive pillar to allow players to walk past them.
- Carol Emote is now an ensemble reward for Merrymaker skin sets in addition to the Snowfallen skin sets.
December 22, 2020
- Fixed a rare crash when Wavy Jones extinguishes fires.
- Fixed a crash when toggling the movement prediction setting while using Wurt.
- Restored the font quality for some unicode character ranges.
- Fixed adding weaknesses to armors. This means that some armors now have the appropriate weakness to the Werebeaver’s attacks.
Note for modders:
- Armor:AddWeakness now works correctly.
December 17, 2020
- Fixed a Crabby Hermit crash on worlds that have unclaimed gifts
- Fixed a crash when a watering can is burnt
- Fixed a bug preventing the plant registry from applying your online profile data.
- Reduced the crafting recipe for the Cookbook
- Reduced the radius for the watering can’s ability to extinguish fires
- Beefalo no longer poop while being ridden
- Fixed skins issues with ugly sweaters
December 16, 2020
- The watering cans will now put out all nearby fires and be used to rejuvenate withered bushes.
- Added new Vignettes.
- Fixed The Lord of the Fruit Flies sometimes not doing anything when spawned.
- Fixed the plant nutrients stress test from always passing when the ground type is not farming soil.
- Wormwood and Wurt no longer suffer a sanity drain for wearing wet items.
- Improved heavy lifting visuals for Giant Onions and Giant Corn.
- Fixed weighing Giant veggies not storing the heaviest veggie in your Plant Registry (Unfortunately this change is not retroactive, so you’ll need to re-weigh them for this to take effect).
- Fixed Esc having inconsistent behavior on the Plant Registry.
- Fixed unicode text not rendering correctly on some Linux computers.
December 15, 2020 - Reap What You Sow
The days have been filled with tilling and toil,
Gathering seeds and nourishing soil,
In hopes that the crops will produce at their best,
(Just make sure that you keep a sharp eye out for pests!)
The Reap What You Sow Update is now live. With this new update we have made substantial changes to farming in Don't Starve Together. We also have a little bit of extra holiday fun to share and new Twitch Items as well!
- Survivors can now plow fields and sow seeds to grow the crops of their dreams
- Each vegetable has their own unique plant with preferred growing seasons and type of nutrients
- Stay close and tend to your crops and you will be rewarded.
- Neglecting crops won't be the death of them, but you might regret it.
- Be sure to cull weeds before they become a problem
- Use the Gardeneer Hat to research plants and track your progress via the Plant Registry
- Farm like the Ancients with the Premier Gardeneer Hat and learn your plants’ every desire
- Added the Seed Pack-It to help organize all your seeds.
- Added Winter’s Feast Adornments for the Ancient Guardian, Misery Toadstool, Crabking, and Crabby Hermit. (If you have already completed the Crabby Hermit storyline, the Crabby Hermit will trade her adornments for Empty Bottles and the special Crabking Adornment can be achieved by socketing 3 or more Iridescent Gems).
- Applied Horticulture has been republished as two separate books. The first book, Applied Silviculture will cover your basic resource needs while the second book, Horticulture, Abridged, will grow all things edible.
- Basic Farms and Improved Farm can no longer be crafted. Farms in existing worlds will continue to work as normal.
- Wormwood is now affected differently by each type of fertilizer.
- Wormwood is not affected adversely by the Spiny Bindweed and Firenettles
- Wormwood can determine a plant’s needs without the use of technology
- Wormwood and Wurt will no longer suffer a sanity drain for being wet
- The Compost Wrap has an additional heal over time effect.
- Disease has been removed.
- Adjusted the Bunnyman’s loot table
- The random plant chosen from Seeds is now affected by the season.
- Feeding a Bird in the Birdcage a veggie, will return one seed of the same plant.
- Birds in the Birdcage will now eat raw monster meat but not cooked eggs
- Improved the Spoiled Fish and Spoiled Fish Morsel loot when hammered.
- Added Moth-Eaten Chest.
- Added new Vignettes.
- Players can now combine stacks of objects when the target is floating in the ocean
- Fixed the item pickup animation not playing when using the integrated backpack layout
- Fixed a bug causing birds to count seeds in the players inventory when determining if it should drop a seed or not (this made seeds rarer than they should have been)
- Fixed a bug causing certain items (like ocean fish) to drop into the water when moving them between inventories while over water.
Note for modders
- Containers now have a priorityfn allowing containers to specify high priority items that should go into the container instead of the inventory. This runs on the clients and server.
- The fertilizer component’s SetHealingAmount function has been deprecated and replaced with a fertilizable component. See wormwood’s prefab as an example.
TLDR for beta players
Here are the changes that have gone in since the last beta update.
- Added Winter’s Feast Adornments for the Ancient Guardian, Misery Toadstool, Crabking, and Crabby Hermit.
- Wormwood’s Self-Fertilizing
- Manure fertilizers now provide a small instant heal
- Compost fertilizers now provide a heal over time
- Formula fertilizers now trigger blooming (applying more formula fertilizer will accelerate the current stage while blooming and extend the duration when fully bloomed)
- Wormwood bloom changes
- Reduced hunger drain
- Tends to nearby plants
- Gains small summer insulation
- Wormwood and Wurt will no longer suffer a sanity drain for being wet
- Pine Cone, Twiggy Tree Nut, Birchnut, Hambat, Flower Garland, Seawreath, and Fish Food can be used in the Composting Bin.
- Fixed a conflict between farming theme music and the crabby hermit theme music
- The Composting Bin now drops any finished Compost if it loads in as burnt.
- Giant veggies can be waxed with Beeswax to preserve them forever.
- Weighing giant veggies now adds a picture of the heaviest veggie you have weighed to the Plant Registry.
New Streaming Drops!
We are adding the Winter Wardrobe to the Merrymaker Collection. For more information on streaming drops and how to get them, check out our support topic here.
And up next
We're going to be around a few more days fixing up any issues that pop up from the update. But we've already been hard at work on the Year of the Beefalo update coming up after our much needed holiday break. After that we'll be back to our regular content schedule.
And if you're still paying attention, here is a link for some in-game spool (link valid for 30 days). This will grant you 900 spool to get some cool stuff, just in time for the holidays!
We hope you all have a safe and happy holiday season. Till next time!
December 4, 2020
- Adjusted Snowfallen WX-78’s hair to be more translucent.
- The Carol Emote Reward is now granted for the new Snowfallen skin sets.
- Fixed issues with Snowfallen Warly.
- Fixed Winter’s Feast Chests so they can no longer contain Winter’s Feast Chests.
- Fixed issues with WX-78s Sub-Zero Containment Unit.
November 26, 2020
- Hallowed Nights event turned off.
- Added new razor skins.
- Added a new set of Twitch skins, the Arcane Crystalarium as part of the Crystalline Collection.
November 5, 2020
- Fixed a client exploit that allowed players to perform actions when they are out of range from the target object.
- Fixed the Astral Detector from trying to dig something it can’t.
- Fixed Astral Detectors digging up the same item multiple times.
- Improved resolution for Mushy Cake, Amberosia, and Milkmade Hat.
- Fixed a crash involving the Vitreoasis sounds.
- Fixed viewing profiles in the Bans Popup not getting the correct profile.
Changes to the Astral Detector:
- Reduced light during idle (when it has nothing left to find)
- Uses are consumed after scanning, including when nothing is left to find.
- The recipe now uses 1 Thulecite instead of 2 Thulecite Fragments
November 3, 2020
- Fixed zone detection on the Crabby Hermit’s island. (This was causing giants to spawn on the island and possibly enabling enlightenment)
- Fixed zone detection for the Atrium area. (This was causing the nightmare phase effects to be disabled in some parts the Atrium)
- Fixed a bug causing the game to crash on load when upgrading save files.
- Fixed world data from a deleted world showing up sometimes when creating a new world.
- Fixed Walter’s storytelling buff remaining when Walter disconnects mid story
- Astral Detector light loads properly.
- The Astral Detector will now locate undiscovered Celestial Altar parts and the Celestial Tribute after the Celestial Sanctum parts have been discovered.
- Added a sorting option on the world selection screen for the date the world was created. (Worlds created before this hotfix do not have a creation date so they will sort based on cluster number)
- The Strident Trident's water geysers will now uproot Bull Kelp
October 28, 2020
- Fixed texture bugs with the Chatty Hatty.
- Adjusted audio for Astral Detector.
October 27, 2020
- Archive resonator is now workable
- Fixed multiple crashes with critters, pipspooks, woby, antlion, and shadow creatures.
- Fixed a crash on the world customization screen.
- Fixed being unable to repair objects.
October 26, 2020
- Fixed attack cooldowns getting improperly reset when getting hit while attacking something.
- Fixed a bug causing world settings to get removed from a world after it has been created.
- Fixed being unable to modify steam group settings.
- Fixed some crashes with Crabking.
- Fixed Crabkings health being inaccurate after reloading.
- Fixed being unable to place walls on the corners of tiles.
- Fixed being able to hop off a boat when walls are in the way.
- Fixed Dark Swords playing the wrong sound.
- Fix head texture bug with Wurt’s Little Sinker skin.
October 23, 2020
- Fixed another retrofitting crash that would occur if you lacked space to retrofit astral markers.
- Fixed up some resonator sounds.
- Walls and Fences can be placed on the very edge of the world.
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurs when your character is in the caves.
- Fixed pathfinding for retrofitted areas in cave worlds
- Fixed Traps and Bird Traps not being unusable after being sprung.
- Fixed Lunar Spore being triggered by nightmare creatures
- Fixed enlightenment area on the lunar island
- Fixed various bugs with Wurt’s Sinker skin.
- Fixed missing inventory/crafting skins icons.
- Fixed ghost Walter eyes.
- Fixed Clean Sweeper on broken walls.
- Players can no longer give the Moon Rock Idol to the Celestial Portal while mounted (doing so caused the * player to become invisible)
- Fixed being unable to plant things while Bulbous Lightbugs are around you.
- Fixed things being able to steal the Opal Gems from the Archive Switch.
- Fixed being unable to attack for a bit after getting hit.
- Fixed a retrofitting crash that would occur if you lacked space to retrofit astral markers.
- Fixed hovertexts persisting after clicking the world save slot.
- Fixed all worlds that had caves enabled having all mods disabled.
- If you experience this problem, you can run the command ShardSaveGameIndex:RerunSlotConversion(slot) replacing the word slot with the slot number of that world.
- The slot number of the world can be found by hovering over the folder icon on the world select screen.
October 22, 2020 - Forgotten Knowledge
- Forest and Cave world gen swap is fixed.
- Fixed moles setting off traps generating souls.
- Fixed moonglass stalactites blocking structure placement.
- Fixed a bug allowing woodie to stay in wereforms forever.
- Fixed misery toadstool not dropping a figure sketch.
- Fixed a bug allowing players to attack much faster than intended.
- Fixed a bug causing shadow creatures to stop spawning sometimes.
- Fixed rowing with a controller not consuming durability on the oar.
- Fixed animal tracks not spawning until the player kills the tracked animal
- Fixed bee boxes being able to produce honey in winter.
- Fixed bee boxes being able to produce honey without bees.
- Fixed a bug causing inconsistent worldgen on Linux and Mac.
- Fixed a bug causing worldgen to generate differently on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Fixed a bug causing the clever disguise to allow wurt to interact with pig king/pigs.
- Fixed a bug allowing crabking to be fought without socketing any gems.
- Fixed a bug preventing modded cookbook recipes from getting learned sometimes...
- Fixed a bug causing certain world settings to not get applied.
- Fixed bugs with the Moose/Goose and Moslings that prevented them from leaving after the spring.
- Fixed a bug causing modded client rpcs to be invalid.
- Fixed a rare crash when the Crabby Hermit is done fishing.
- Fixed missing strings for moisture resistance wearing off
- Fixed missing filter string in the cookbook
- Roasted Birchnuts are now displayed properly in the cookbook recipes
- Added a cookbook filter to list all undiscovered and partially discovered foods
Notes For Modders:
- Naughtiness values for krampus have been moved to constants for ease of access.
- Naughtiness can also now be a function which will get executed when that creature is killed by a player.
- Fixed a couple issues with the new RPCs causing them to not work as expected.
September 29, 2020
- The Wigfrid Deluxe Wardrobe and Wigfrid Winged Victory Chest will now contain the Winged Victory Belongings skins. People who previously purchased these chests will receive the items for free into their account in the next few days.
- Fixed string issue with inspecting Walter’s tent.
- Wigfrid animation tweaks and fixes.
September 24, 2020 - Wigfrid Character Update
- Weaponized Warble should now apply to all weapons rather than just the one you're holding the moment the song gets activated
- Fixed a couple crashes when applying the song effects to followers
- Fixed a crash when using the "Heartrending Ballad" and "Clear Minded Cadenza" songs
- The battlesong items should now be burnable
- Fixed a crash when generating the world with certain mods
Here are some of the details:
- When in combat Wigfrid now gains Inspiration, which, as it fills her meter, allows players to use the new craftable songs.
- Fighting stronger foes will provide more Inspiration.
- Disengaging combat will cause the inspiration to diminish.
- Wigfrid has a new Stagecraft crafting tab from which she can make her new songs.
- Singing adds a buff to all players in an area around Wigfrid, which remains active as long as she keeps her inspiration level up.
- As Wigfrid's inspiration raises, she can perform up to three abilities at a time.
- Some abilities have an instant effect, at the cost of reducing Wigfrid's inspiration
- Fallounders and Bloomfin Tuna can now be placed in the Crock Pot, contributing as small meat and small fish.
- Fixed missing HasItemWithTag on the container_classified.
- Fixed a crash when woby despawns.
- Fixed a crash when loading a world with a saved klaus that is dying.
- Fixed a bug that allowed clients to reveal the entire minimap.
- Fixed an inconsistency with GetModConfigData for client hosted servers.
- Fixed a crash when haunting a burnt tackle station.
- Fixed a crash when inputting certain characters into the search bar
- Added some sounds fx to the fishing rod
- DST will now display a notification if you have less than 100mb disk space remaining on the hard drive that is used for save files. This is to help prevent the saves from becoming corrupted due to lack of disk space
September 1, 2020
- Fixed a corrupted audio file that was causing the wrong sound fx to play.
August 28, 2020
- Fixed a bug that allowed character specific items to be crafted by other characters after using the Florid Postern.
- Fixed Bee Boxes resetting their timer for producing honey at dusk.
- Fixed a case where server mods could be enabled on the client mods screen.
- Fixed a rare crash with deciduous trees.
- Stingers will now correctly spread fire.
- Fixed a beard layering issue with Wilson’s Pigsbury Mask skin.
- Wardrobe search bar now filters when you stop typing, or when you hit enter.
- Cleaned up some duplicated string table entries.
- Note for modders: HasItemWithTag is now properly defined on the inventory classified.
August 21, 2020
- Fixed the cookbook ingredient’s tooltip string for the ocean fish and Wobster.
- Fixed Toma Root and Onion ingredient images in the Cookbook.
- Adjusted the Batilisk Wing drop rate from Batilisks.
- Fixed a crash when the Sea Weed’s projectile hits a mounted player.
- Fixed a crash affecting a number of mods relating to displaying inventory images.
- Fixed the mods update count from not refreshing properly.
- Fixed a crash when loading mods using an older dependency system.
- Favorites are now properly saved when applying mods.
- Fixed the arrow indicator in the integrated backpack layout.
- Fixed shift + left click not moving items properly between inventories with the integrated backpack layout.
- Items can now be properly dropped from your inventory while holding another item.
- Fixed inconsistencies with wall textures.
- Fixed the texture issues with the new Sorcerer's Staff.
- Increased resolution of staff items when not equipped.
- Fixed Sorcerer's Staff Profile Icon collection info.
- Increased resolution of the Pan Flute.
August 20, 2020 - August 2020 QOL Update
- Added the Cookbook item for survivors to record and review their culinary adventures.
- The Cookbook item can be crafted under the Food crafting tab.
- Recipes will be learnt after the player who cooks the food, picks up the item off the cooking device.
- Food details will be displayed upon eating it.
- The 6 most recent unique recipes will be stored, older ones will be forgotten.
- The history is stored in your online profile and can be viewed in the compendium
- Modded foods are saved locally, they are not saved to your online profile, and appear in their own tab within the cookbook screen.
- Changed the screen flash effect for lightning and gunpowder.
- Screen flashes (lightning and gunpowder) will no longer close any containers you have open.
- Added the option “Screen Flashes” to allow players to further reduce the intensity of screen flashes.
- Tackle Box and the Spectackler Box can now be opened from the inventory. It will be dropped on the ground when doing so.
- Add the option Backpack Layout to allow keyboard/mouse players to use the backpack layout that is integrated into the inventory bar.
- Batilisk Wings can now be used in the Crockpot.
- Holding left shift (key binding: "Force Container (mod)") and right-clicking an item in your inventory will now drop it.
- The Ancient Guardian now drops a sketch to craft its statue.
- Increased the item server inventory limit to 10,000 curios.
- Mods can now be favorited and will show up at the top of the mods list.
- Mods can now be searched and filtered in the mod screen.
- Added our newest team member, Zachary Lockwood (Zarklord), to the credits.
Tuning and Tweaks
- Improved the resolution of the ground textures.
- Improved resolution on various items.
- Improved resolution on walls.
- Characters will now display their most recently used skins when previewing beards.
- Rockjaws can now despawn.
- Rabbit Earmuffs no longer require a science machine to prototype.
- Reduced the amount of Tentacle Spots required to craft the Tail o' Three Cats.
- Reduced the amount of Cat Tails required to craft the Cat Cap.
- Reduced the amount of Batilisk Wings required to craft the Bat Bat.
- Increased the chance of Batilisks dropping a Batilisk Wing.
- Added c_freecrafting and c_selectnext to auto complete in the command console
- Stingers can now be set on fire.
- Added map icons for the Suspicious Marble pieces and the Crab King.
- Wurt no longer disappears when reading a book while riding a beefalo.
- Improved the performance on the mods screen.
July 22, 2020
- Wavey Jones will be chased off permanently for the night after several attempts
- Wavey Jones will only pop off boat patches if the lowest crew sanity is 25% or less.
- Improved the resolution of the science machine art. A little “pre QOL update” QOL update.
- Wavey won’t show up on a boat that is empty
- Fixed missing cuffs on the Stitched Coat.
- Fixed Roseate Wurt skin issues.
- Fixed floating issues with the Head Chef Hat.
- Fixed typo in Warly's quote for Leafy Meatloaf.
- Fixed an issue that caused Wendy’s arm clothing to revert.
July 17, 2020
- Fixed an issue where the Lost Adventurers Chest could not be purchased unless all characters were owned.
- Fixed an issue with clearing tiles in the An Eggy Tally game.
- Adding the missing texture for Warly’s Head Chef hat.
- Added a missing face expression to Wurt.
- Various skin bug fixes.
July 16, 2020 - Troubled Waters
- Fixed a crash in the An Eggy Tally game.
- Fix a texture clipping issue with Wilson’s Verdant skin.
- New craftable mast upgrades.
- New craftable water pump for open water fire emergencies.
- Sea Weed living out on the Sea Stacks.
- Rock Jaw sharks plying the deep waterways.
- The Terrorclaw, aquatic relation to the Terrorbeak.
- Barnacles and new Barnacle cooking recipes.
- New cooking recipes for Leafy Meat.
- Something to break the lonely nights at sea.
June 26, 2020
- Woby will now drop all items when Walter despawns due to death in Wilderness worlds.
- Poop Pellets can now be used as fuel for fire pits.
- Fixed a save/load bug where the inventory icon for the crafted statues would show as a marble statue.
- Fixed a save/load bug with Moose/Goose Eggs and Nests.
- Fixed the art for the burnt down Siesta Lean-to.
- Performance Optimizations
- Refactored how inventory items calculate their moisture value. This should also reduce lag while raining (and while items dry off after a rain)
- Herd members will no longer spawn a herd object if killed before a herd has been found
- Creatures/structures using SetRetargetFunction now have a staggered start time between 0 and the defined retarget period (so they do not all update on the same frame).
- Optimized the Houndius Shootius’s retarget function.
June 23, 2020
- Controllers are now able to navigate through all open containers, instead of only the first opened container.
- Reworked how the Slingshot shooting works so it does not lock the character into the animation.
- Using the Slingshot will now share the target with followers
- Slightly increased the range of the Slingshot
- The effect from Slow Down Rounds now lasts 30 seconds
- Freeze Rounds can now extinguish fires
- Fixed the missing impact fx for the Pebbles slingshot ammo
- Woby will now drop all items when using the Celestial Portal
- MacTusk and Wee MacTusk deal damage again with their blow darts
- Fixed a bug where the Camper's Tent could be duplicated
- Fixed the Boomerang throw animation
- Fixed Woby’s missing nose during various emotes.
June 18, 2020
- Disabled a memory optimization which ended up causing a performance issue in large worlds.
- Walter’s Slingshot will now benefit from buffs, such as Volt Goat Chaud-Froid.
- Walter is now properly affected by items that use magic to manipulate the wearer’s sanity.
- Fixed Walter’s salute from turning on lanterns.
- The Top Hat is no longer invisible when placed on the ground
- Fixed an issue where Wendy would restore sanity every time she went in and out of the caves while Abigail is summoned.
- Streamlined new account flow.
June 16, 2020
- Only Walter will have the Tell Story action at fire pits
- Walter’s fearlessness no longer prevents sanity loss while equipping Night Armor and Dark Sword. It was not intended to protect him from the effects of shadow magic.
- Walter will no longer shoot his Slingshot at targets that die while he is loading
- Fixed double killing creatures with the Slingshot, which was resulting in gaining double sanity from killing nightmare creatures.
- Fixed a potential crash when moving slingshot ammo into containers
- Fixed large Woby texture bugs.
- Fixed a rare crash in when attacking with the Twisted Dagger skin.
- Fixed an issue were the Weregoose Ghost was unable to haunt things while using a controller, making it hard to resurrect.
- Fixed Walter’s missing hat when he’s telling a story.
- Adjusted Woby’s speed and hunger in big form.
- Fixed Tent and Siesta Lean-to health gain.
- Hermit will freeze properly if frozen.
- Fixed the Crockpot open and close HUD sounds.
- Other assorted sounds fixes.
- Wes is able to inflate balloons again.
June 15, 2020
- Fixed ghost Walter from being invisible
- Fixed an issue with clipping in Walter’s face textures
- Fixed texture issues on small Woby
- Adding a saddle to big Woby no longer crashes the game
- Players can no longer dismantle the portable tent once it’s burned
- Fixed the tent duplication bug when dismantling the portable tent
June 15, 2020 - Walter Character Update
- Fixed a bug where players could start a server vote when they did not meet the requirements
- Live fish will no longer die(spoil) faster due to being wet
- Fixed a bug where Wade, Ignatius, Dmitri, and Sawyer would become invisible and stop participating in the match.
- Fixed a bug in the Item Collection where Wormwood’s wrong hand symbols were seen in his custom idle.
- Fixed texture issue with Wendy’s Guest of Honor skin.
- Fixed texture artifacts on the tent.
- Some small optimizations
May 29, 2020
- Shadow creatures and Maxwell’s shadow minions will no longer trigger spider creep or be slowed down by it.
- Fixed an issue were the weremoose would become invisible
- Fixed Wilson’s Snowfallen beard to be correctly set when selecting his Snowfallen skin from the Wardrobe.
- Fixed a crash when deconstructing a Trap that has trapped a creature that cannot be picked up (eg: spiders). Souls will also now drop if Wortox is nearby.
- Killing Klaus while he is frozen will now properly resume the fight.
- Fixed a crash caused by conflicts between the Clean Sweeper and mods.
- Fixed an issue with the crabkings yellow gem code.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Crab King to be moved by boats.
- Restored Wurt’s protection from taking health and sanity damage from eating kelp
- Restored the View Player button in the Encounters screen.
- Fixed a scenario where Bernie could be lost and missing hugs in the Item Collection.
- Fixed a clothing bug when wearing Homebody House Slippers.
May 28, 2020
- Fixed a crash in the Item Collection when waiting for the inventory to download.
- Stopped characters other than Willow from hugging Bernie, characters other than Woodie from patting Lucy, etc, in the Item Collection.
- Fixed missing Feathered Pickaxe ground texture.
- Fixed a crash in the Encounters screen when removing encounters.
- Fixed a cash when failing to download your Forge and Gorge achievements.
- Note for modders: TUNING.STARTING_ITEM_IMAGE_OVERRIDE has been added to set the atlas and texture to use for mod characters’ starting items in the lobby.
May 28, 2020 - May 2020 QOL Update
- Added a new Compendium section to the main menu
- Survivors now have a favorite food, which provides extra nourishment when eaten. Each survivor’s favorite food can be found in the Compendium.
- Added Beards skins
- Caves can be enabled by default
- Add more information to the character select screen:
- Starting Health, Hunger, and Sanity
- Starting equipment
- Odds of Survival, to help guide new players
- The game will automatically log in on boot (this can be disabled in the options menu).
- Added Sculpting Table Figures for Toadstool, Bee Queen, Klaus, Antlion and Ancient Fuelweaver
- Revamped the Item Collection screen to display the cast of survivors
- Removed the special item ingredient from a number of the sculpting figures.
- Adjusted the recipes for the Insulated Pack and Marble Suit
- Increased the Thulecite Club's durability
- Bernie is now shown on the map screen
- One of each Marble Sculpture is now guaranteed when generating new worlds
- Updated mods sort order
- Added Unravel Duplicates option to The Curio Loom
- Fixed a crash on the Crab King when it has 5 yellow gems.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Wortox to walk on the void in the Caves
May 5, 2020
- Fixed a crash when extinguishing the fire created killing Red Hounds and Lavae while under the influence of Volt Goat Chaud-Froid.
- Trees will now be less invasive while naturally sprouting near bases
- Crabby Hermit will be nocturnal in “lights out” worlds.
- Fixed crashes in Fire Pits caused by outdated mods.
- Fixed various issues with Dark Sword skins while mounted on a Beefalo.
April 28, 2020
- Abigail will no longer stop following Wendy after being hit by an Ice Staff.
- Fixed a crash when trying to catch Wobster but it lands back in the ocean.
- Fixed a bug where the Toadstool would target non-player characters to attach a Spore Bomb to.
- Added some Malbatross and Crab King loot to Klaus’ Loot Stash
- Crab King Claws can be frozen
- Crab King should cancel all spells when frozen and hit it the same frame.
- Removed some spam from the log when fighting the Crab King
April 24, 2020
- Antlion skin holes will no longer happen on boats
- Players now get credit for catching a Wobster with the Sea Fishing Rod.
- Crab king and players using the Strident Trident now get credit for launching fish out of the water.
- Fixed a bug where Wurt’s inventory was not being affected while wearing a Funcap.
- Crab King won’t respawn if there is a boat over his head.
- Freezing Crab King doesn’t trigger freeze attack
- Crabby Hermit doesn’t sleep outdoors.
- Fixed Clean Sweeper visual effect size.
- Fixed crash when using the Clean Sweeper on an item as it gets destroyed.
- Fixed crashes in Trade Inn bird games.
April 23, 2020
- You don’t have to clean Seastacks to make the Crabby Hermit happy.
- Crab King doesn’t set off spells when it dies.
- Crabby Hermit’s shop works at high friendship now.
- Stopped the Firepit from being extinguished when using the Clean Sweeper.
- Fixed an issue where the items inside the Bundle Of Thanks would also appear at (0, 0, 0) in the world.
April 23, 2020 - She Sells Sea Shells
- The Crabby Hermit and Crabking are retrofitted into existing world.
- The player can now board boats while mounted.
- The player can now board boats while lifting a heavy object.
- The distance you can jump to embark and disembark has been adjusted and is now based on how fast your character is moving.
- Irreplaceable inventory items no longer slip out of your inventory when drowning in the ocean
- Creatures that follow you onto a boat will now wash ashore (instead of die) when the boats sinks
- Changed the ingredients required to craft the Tackle Receptacle.
- Boat Patch also repairs boat damage
- Added Clean Sweeper for changing item skins.
April 1, 2020
- Improved the framerate drop and lag while playing as Wendy on a server using the mod Display Food Values.
March 27, 2020
- Abigail is now returned, instead of dying, when attacked by Wendy.
- Improved the Pipsook's pathfinding in the caves.
- Toadstool's spore cloud will no longer rapidly spoil items inside a closed Fridge. This was already the case for Chests and was intended to be the same for Fridges.
- Fixed assorted Wortox skins texture bugs.
March 26, 2020
- Fixed a crash when Abigail kills an Eye Plant.
- The Telltale Heart is now craftable in wilderness mode to allow Wendy to craft Spectral Cure-All elixirs.
- Surf 'n' Turf, Seafood Gumbo, and California Roll are now displayed in the Portable Seasoning Station
- Improved some translations
March 25, 2020
- Changed Abigail's damage back to be based on time of day instead of Wendy’s health.
- Increased Abigail’s damage during daytime and dusk.
- Abigail's attack besets her opponents with ghostly petals for a short period of time, increasing its damage received from all other damage sources. Wendy is able to take advantage of this and will deal substantially more damage.
- Spectral Cure-All now lasts for 30 seconds and the other Ectoherbology elixirs now have a duration of 1 day.
- Replaced the Choleric Tonic with Nightshade Nostrum.
- Nightshade Nostrum allows Abigail to call upon the power of darkness, causing her to deal nighttime damage during the daytime and dusk.
- Abigail’s shields received a minor increase in duration.
- Retuned the number of Mourning Glory required to craft the Ectoherbology elixirs.
- Reduced how far away the Pipspook’s lost trinkets will spawn.
- Changed Abigail’s riled-up targeting to encompass more creatures.
- Fixed the scaling of Distilled Vengeance’s damage fx
- Fixed various Wilson skins hair orientation in the back view.
- Fixed missing fur tufts on Wortox.
- Fixed an issue with Wendy’s Nostalgic skin’s hair when doing the kiss emote.
March 20, 2020
- Abigail is now less aggressive while riled up.
- Fixed Abigail getting stuck at her initial stage when Wendy dies.
- Pipspooks now spawn when a new day begins, instead of when night begins (to allow spawning in worlds with night disabled).
- Pipspooks have a higher chance of spawning when there are more Wendys in the server.
- Wendy will now provide some speech when filling the Sisturn with flowers (to hint that it reduces the time it takes for Abigail to level up).
- Fixed Abigail texture resolution issues.
- Fixed a crash when playing Wendy in mods that use The Gorge game mode.
- Removed incorrect burnt Shared Armoire textures.
- Corrected Wendy Deluxe Wardrobe description.
- Added new Wendy Vignettes.
- Fixed several Wortox eye textures.
March 19, 2020 - Wendy Character Update
- Wendy carries a flower that can summon her sister Abigail's spirit.
- Abigail's spirit gets stronger over time but starts over if she is destroyed.
- Wendy can craft the Sisturn to increase the rate that Abigail's spirit strengthens.
- Abigail's might is tied to Wendy's health, making her fight harder while Wendy is weak.
- Wendy can ask Abigail to stay close to her or roam more free via Abigail's flower.
- Wendy does not lose sanity due to ghosts.
- Pipspooks can now be found roaming around gravestones.
- Wendy can commune with Pipspooks to help them find peace in exchange for Mourning Glory.
- Wendy can use Mourning Glory in her Ectoherbology crafting tab to help her sister's spirit in various ways.
- Wendy has reduced damage in combat, but suffers less sanity drain from auras and the dark.
- Abigail's damage is affected by the number of enemies she is fighting, allowing her to be effective against a single enemy but at her best when fighting a crowd.
- Added optional word filter to public server listing.
February 6, 2020
- Fixed a crash when starting a Carrat race
- Adjusted Caroler's Coat texture outline
- Fixed a texture bug in Magmatic Winona’s head
January 31, 2020
- Fixed Carrats being entered into a race when release from a bundle that is near a Starting Point
- Fixed Carrats disappearing from gyms
- Fixed a bug where day-only servers would not reset the race prize
- Roman Wood Armor skin now grants it’s skin to the Scalemail as well
- Fixed various typos and grammatical mistakes
January 27, 2020
- Prize holding Carrats that go into the backpack won’t eat the prize anymore
- Carrats placed on a gym at night will sleep, resume training in the morning
- Cave’s race prize resets properly now.
January 23, 2020 - Year of the Carrat
- Fixed the checkpoint minimap icon
- Fixed a crash on Carrat Scale
- Fixed a crash involving Beefalo Carrat spawning.
- Fixed the burnt state of the Carrat Shrine.
- Fixed Battle Spear inventory textures.
- The character won’t talk over themselves now if they try to start a race with no Carrats.
- Abigail no longer kills racing Carrats.
- Fixed the character repeating the start race dialogue.
- Fixed the Carrat Scale loot
- Fixed various skins icons.
- Fixed some missing Year of the Carrat Collection tags.
- Fixed burnt animation symbols for Terracotta Cooking Pot and Home Sweet Home.
- Fixed mouse over bounding box for Nordic Shovel and Ornate Nordic Shovel.
- Adjusted hat fitting for Wurt, The Triumphant.
- Fixed loss of skin information when digging up a Mini Sign.
- Fixed various string typos.
- End of Winter’s Feast.
- Start of Year of the Carrat.
- Added The Carrat Shrine.
- Added Carrat racing and Carrat training.
- Added a Floating Lantern to the shrine's craftables.
- Added Seed Packets to the shrine's craftables to help keep your racers alive and cheerful.
- Added a new Carrat Figure to sculpt
January 9, 2020
- Fixed Gingerbread Houses going invisible and having different art on clients
- Note for modders:
- It is now safe to call DoAddClassPostConstruct on components that have replicas (or any others that have functions set up to be called when a member variable is set)
- ChildSpawner:ReleaseAllChildren should no longer infinite loop if called when children are not able find a location to spawn.
January 8, 2020
- Toast emote now works while riding a Beefalo
- Fixed a crash when a boat sinks with an anchor on it
- Fixed a crash when the Gingerbread Varg does its icing attack
- Fixed a crash when disconnecting while wearing the Bone Helm
- Fixed the amount of gold the Pig King gives for Freshwater Fish
- Having the required materials for the Masonry Oven or Winter's Feast Table no longer makes the structures crafting tab indicate that something new can be prototyped (it was showing the light bulb icon)
- Fixed a bug where using a fish on the Pocket Scale would not reduce the scale’s durability, while using the Pocket Scale on a fish would.
- Increased art resolution for the Loyal Merm Guard when the King of the Merms is not present
- Increased art resolution for Wade, Ignatius, Dmitri, and Sawyer
- Fixed price text from getting clipped on certain currencies in the Shop.
December 23, 2019
- Gingerbread Pigs now correctly drop loot when killed by creatures
- Fixed a bug where Gingerbread Pig Houses could spawn in the ocean
- Fixed Gingerbread Pigs showing up on servers with special events disabled
- Fixed the returned items when deconstructing the Royal Tapestry
December 18, 2019
- The Attach Tackle action now works correctly while the tackle is inside a backpack or any other container
- Fixed the missing name on clients for fishing bobbers that have been casted
- Fixed the Gingerbread Pigs sometimes disappearing during their death animation
- Fixed a bug where perishable items would have a too much perish time removed on their first update. This was most noticeable with fast perishing items like the Mushtree Spores
- Fixed the number of Gold Nuggets that the Pig King tosses when given a Live Eel
December 16, 2019
- Fixed a crash when trying to attach Berries or Seeds to the Sea Fishing Rod as they expire.
- While riding a beefalo, players can now change the Sea Fishing Rod’s tackle via the right-click action on the tackle item.
- Ocean Fish will no longer continue to eat food after it is picked up.
- Fixed a problem with the toast emote animation while an item is equipped
- Fixed a problem with things that can’t be inked not being able to see.
- Adjusted Warly’s Naval Uniform Pants layering.
December 13, 2019
- Fixed a crash when connecting multiple chains of Winter’s Feast Tables together
- Fixed a crash when the Sea Fishing Rod’s hook lands on a boat or land while an Ocean Debris is nearby
December 12, 2019 - Hook, Line & Inker + Winter's Feast
- Fixed a crash while feasting at the Winter's Feast Table
- Fixed a bug where Mushlights and Glowcaps would not return all items when destroyed
- Fixed Yuletide Frock texture.
- Included leggings in Winter Warden Boots icon.
- Fixed crash when rapidly resetting “A feastin' pair of birds” minigame.
- Fixed crash caused by mods referencing an old winter snow fx texture.
- Fixed crash on loading in while Masonry Oven is cooking.
- Increased resolution of Masonry Oven.
- Fixed nighttime lighting on Masonry Oven.
- Fixed various Willow texture issues.
- Fixed tables disappearing if loaded in after food has been fully consumed from them.
- End of Hallowed Nights.
- Start of Winter’s Feast!
- Added teeming ocean life and new recipes to cook.
- Craftable Sea Fishing Rod, Tackle Receptacle and more.
- Craftable Fish Scale-O-Matic for bragging rights.
- Added Toast emote.
- The Fish caught from Ponds have been replaced with Freshwater Fish which can be weighed or murdered to produce meat.
- While a fish is being held by Wurt, it will remain alive longer.
- Wurt will lose sanity while holding Fish Meat, Fish Morsel, or Spoiled Fish
- Server stability improvements and fixed some client exploits
- Improved the user experience when placing a stack of items in an already occupied slot of a container that does not hold a stack of items (eg. replacing the items in the Crock Pot and Sea Fishing Rod).
- Hammering the Anchor on a boat will now result in a leak.
- The Malbatross’s fish shoals have been changed to Deep Bass.
- The Malbatross does not tolerate players fishing at any of its shoals.
- Sailing music uses music volume setting properly.
- Fixed ambient sound effects when players are enlightened.
- Fixed a problem with Anchors reeling forever.
- Fixed some bugs where characters wearing the Clever Disguise were not considered a merm.
- Fixed dropped items from destroyed Craftsmerm House and Merm Flort-ifications.
November 25, 2019
- Fixed Wurt being able to trade with the Pig King (she can still hand over the Golden Belts to start the Pig King Wrestling match.)
- The Clout Snout item is no longer burnable.
- Reduced the frequency of Golden Belts when Year of the Pig King is not active.
- The pigs Wade, Ignatius, Dmitri, and Sawyer, when summoned from the Clout Snout, will leave if the player who spawned them attacks them and should respond better if attacked by someone else. They also now have a hit reaction animation.
November 21, 2019
- The Pig King has reopened his wrestling match for contenders in the off-season. Turn in Golden Belts to compete in wrestling matches and earn Clout Snout coins.
- Added Contenders Promo Chest, Round 2.
- Foot nubs are now displayed out the ends of pants, for legs without feet (Wurt).
November 14, 2019
- Fixed crash when detecting a virtual joystick on OSX
- Fixed crash on Linux when a controller is plugged in
November 7, 2019
- Fixed farm plots breaking when crop is mutated with Steeped Lunar Essence.
- Fixed controller support for OSX
- Fixed Steeped Lunar Essence forcing stategraph states of target.
- Fixed steam overlay and in-game store on OSX.
November 1, 2019
- Merm King will talk more about being hungry.
- Merm King won’t spawn guards when fed.
- Fixed some Merm speech if they eat food off the ground
- Fixed a crash when entering the Shop screen from the Collection screen when the Steam overlay is disabled.
- Wurt’s stat syncing between caves and the surface is now percentage based rather than hard numbers
- Wurt now has the proper skin set when respawning from a ghost
- Merm Guards are immune to epic screeching (Not regular Merm, Guards have more grit)
October 31, 2019
- The game should run on OSX 10.10 again.
- Fixed a crash in Shop screen when the Steam overlay is disabled.
- Fixed a crash when Wurt’s stats are updating.
- Merm and Merm guards will react to epic screeching.
- Using the Deconstruction Staff on a non occupied carpet should no longer kill the Merm King
- Merms should no longer attack Chester if Wurt or a disguised character is carrying the Eyebone
- Fixed a health losing issue with Wurt returning from the caves
- Boating music is now working.
- Fixed a clothing issue with wimpy Wolfgang’s torso.
- Fixed an issue with Wickerbottom’s Bewitching Boots.
October 30, 2019
- Hallowed Nights Trinkets: Worlds with 15 or fewer Hallowed Nights Trinkets will get retrofitted with a new set of trinkets. This is to support worlds that took part in Hallowed Nights in 2018. As a side effect, all worlds will get the retrofitting if it meets the above criteria.
- The OSX build is now notarized.
- Spider Dens will now grow properly again.
- Wurt’s voice is better mixed. Her Pose, Hurt, Talk sounds are at a similar level.
- Fixed a rare crash while using an Anchor.
- Fixed a save/load bug with boat leaks (were controllers would be able to inspect previously repaired leaks)
- The following items no longer sink in the ocean: Ancient Key, Beach Toy, Candy Bag, Deer Antler, Fireflies, Golden Belt, Stag Antler, Torch, Wood Fence, and Wood Gate.
- Adjusted the Merm and Loyal Merm Guard attack frame to match their animation
- Fixed a crash with the Merm Guards if the King dies.
- Fixed a crash on load with the Merm King.
- Removed watersplash on anchor when placed on land.
- Potential merm kings will still show their hat now.
- Wurt no longer dislikes Catcoons.
- Merms no longer accept cooked fish
- Wurt no longer has her stats restored when creating a king or going in/out of the caves
- Using the deconstruction staff on the Royal Tapestry no longer crashes the game on load
- The one man band now recruits merms as well
- Steeped Lunar Essence will no longer cause some creatures to get stuck.
- Saplings transformed by the Steeped Lunar Essence will no longer revert to regular Saplings when the world is re-loaded.
October 25, 2019
- Fixed missing symbols in Wurt’s idle animation.
- Fixed missing inspecting Wurt strings.
- Fixed controller focus issues in the Shop.
- Fixed Curio Collector’s voice from playing infinitely.
- Fixed cutoff issues with Wurt’s head when wearing hats.
- Fixed Merms not attacking players who invade their territory
- Merm king dialog should now show up on the client
- Fixed miscellaneous crashes when the Royal Carpet was destroyed
- Saladmander no longer ignites objects that require fuel to burn.
October 24, 2019 - Wurt Character Update and Hallowed Nights
- Fixed new Hallowed clothing not matching the survivor filter.
- Fixed a bug where Wurt had no voice
- Fixed various crashes with the Merm King.
- Fixed various crashes with the Royal Tapestry.
- Fixed various crashes with Merm Guards.
- Fixed some of Wurt’s grammar.
- Fixed ground symbol for the Rusted Scythe.
- Fixed stall in the Ravin' Wrapper Raiders minigame.
- Fixed Reset button spam crash in the Ravin' Wrapper Raiders minigame.
- Added a new retrofitting pass for worlds that have under 5 Cookie Cutter spawners or under 20 Salt Formations.
- Improved how boat collisions are resolved
- Fossil Fragments no longer sink in the ocean
- Music volume increased for most musical cues
Change for OSX dedicated servers
- As we prepare to support Apple’s notarization process, the executable now needs to be launched from the Contents/Resources directory.
- If you use a script to launch a dedicated server on OSX, the executable now needs to be launched from 'dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.app/Contents/Resources' instead of 'Contents/MacOS'. The server launch script posted in step “3. Create the script that will run the servers.” at (https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/64687-dedicated-server-quick-setup-guide-mac-os-x/) has been updated with the latest changes.
- Also note that the legacy preconfigured launch scripts that used to be in 'Contents/MacOS/scripts' are now in 'Contents/Resources/scripts'.
October 3, 2019 - Salty Dog
Welcome to the brine shoals. Filled with the new salt rock resource, survivors looking to stretch the life of their food with this new spice will need to brave the dreaded Cookie Cutters. And watch out for the Malbatross. Getting on it's bad side will be a weight around anyone's neck.
Facing these new dangers and coming home with the goods will make you a real salty dog!
- The Malbatross is exploring the ocean looking for its next feast.
- Salt Formations have sprung up in the deep ocean but beware of what else lurks in these briny pools.
- Preserve your food with Salt Crystals or craft a Salt Box to keep your ingredients fresh.
- Warly adds a new seasoning spice to his repertoire: Seasoning Salt.
- Existing worlds will be automatically updated with the new content.
- Glowcap and Mushlight now last twice as long as before.
- Increased volume on lightning strikes
- Renamed Warly’s salt spice to Seasoning Salt
September 26, 2019
- Mac OS X 64 bit support
- Building walls will now test the correct ground position
- Fixed a crash when Winona's Catapult burns down while the Varg is attacking it
- The Hibearnation Vest’s hunger reduction is working again.
- Incomplete Suspicious Marbles will no longer drop their other piece when minded by non-player characters or creatures.
- Werebeaver can no longer extend the walking plank (This was originally added because the old style Werebeaver could easily get stuck on a boat)
- Weremoose can now jump off an extended plank
- Dusk and night ambience are now hooked up.
- Note for Modders:
- Marble Shrub growth states now have a name field
- World generation is now deterministic (ie seeding the world now works again)
- Added the global function SetWorldGenSeed(seed)
- Werebeaver no longer goes invisible in the SGWilson_client’s "doshortaction" sate
September 19, 2019
- New global audio-mix changes. "everything turned down" to allow for more headroom for louder scenarios.
- HUD sounds like click turned down during the menus.
- Memory savings to animation data.
- Work music changed back to original Autumn.
September 17, 2019
- Fixed bug where Woodie would still be forced to transform after sleeping through the entire night of full moon.
- Fixed various animation bugs with Woodie skins.
- Fixed Prismatic Moon Caller's Staff in Caves, existing items will need to be re-created.
- Fixed Warly’s trinket quotes.
- Fixed Weregoose from sinking when on a boat that sinks.
September 13, 2019
- Weregoose can now walk on water. (Be warned that Woodie will drown immediately if he reverts to human form over water).
- Minor increase to Werebeaver’s digging and mining strength.
- Increased Weremoose’s damage reduction to 90%.
- All of Woodie’s were-forms can now last up to half a day.
- Increased the grace period between actions before Were-meter starts speeding up.
- Reduced food stat penalties for Woodie’s consumable Idols (now equivalent to eating a single Monster Meat).
- Further reduced sanity drain while in were-form.
- Fixed Woodie’s missing mullet when chopping.
September 12, 2019 - Woodie Character Update
- Fixed crash when Woodie transforms while mounted.
- Fixed bug with Jellybean buff multiplying whenever Woodie transforms.
- Fixed bug with Garlic Spiced food buff calculations in Weremoose form.
- Fixed animation bugs with Rustic Cabin skin for Pig Houses.
- In addition to Werebeaver, Woodie now has two new transformations that specialize in different things, such as combat and locomotion.
- A random transformation can be triggered by repeatedly consuming Monster Meat (or prepared dishes like Monster Lasagna).
- A specific transformation can be triggered by consuming one of the three new craftable idols made with Monster Meat.
- The Log Meter has been replaced with a Were-Meter that appears only during Woodie’s were-forms.
- The Were-Meter drains constantly, and Woodie reverts to Human form once it runs out.
- Performing specific actions will extend Woodie’s time in each were-form.
- During fullmoon, Woodie is forced into a random transformation (once per fullmoon), and the Were-Meter drains at half the speed.
- Reduced Woodie’s sanity drain while in were-form.
- Woodie no longer gains sanity when planting trees.
- Woodie no longer needs to eat wood.
- Woodie has a 50% higher chance to spawn Treeguards and Poison Birchnut Trees.
- Werebeaver no longer spawns Treeguards and Poison Birchnut Trees.
- Like the Werebeaver, all new were-forms gain night vision and some weather resistance.
- Woodie can now view the Map while transformed.
August 28, 2019
- Players can no longer craft or perform other actions while hopping on and off boats
- Wortox’s soul explosion no longer interrupts hopping on and off boats
- Boats can no longer be placed overhanging the waterfalls
- Fixed a flicker when opening the minimap for the first time (and after using the Pitchfork)
- One more save/load fix for masts built on land
- The Suspicious Marble will no longer be trapped inside the Sculpture’s physics when mined. For worlds where this was a problem, the Suspicious Marble piece will be moved beside the Marble Sculpture.
- Added sounds for the Flare
- Added Anchor art for to represent how deep the Anchor was dropped.
- Fixed a rowing controller bug
- Notes for Modders:
- Fixed Story:_FindStartingTask default return value
- storygen.lua now returns the Story class
- GetPlatformAtPoint now accepts the parameters (x, z) and (x, y, z)
August 21, 2019
- Fixed a performance issue that could occur after sailing for a little while.
- Fixed save/load for masts built on land
- Fixed a crash on load
- Fixed various clothing bugs with WX78’s cuffs.
August 16, 2019
- Fixed the hounds freezing in mid jump when near the shore.
- Booster Shot can now be crafted in Wilderness mode
- Freshly planted Bull Kelp Stalks are no longer ready to be picked right away.
- Added a setting a Seafaring Camera Options menu to toggle the camera behavior while on a boat.
- Camera now centers on the player properly after hopping off a boat while using some mods.
- Fixed Werebeaver’s Plank / Abandon Ship action strings.
- Fixed waterfalls disappearing at certain camera angles.
August 15, 2019 - Turn of Tides
Something ancient stirs in the night sky, and the world below will never be the same. A strange new island teeming with life has appeared, and with it, a whole new slew of challenges for our Survivors to face.
Keep a wary eye out. They’re almost here.
- New Boat Mechanics: Don’t sink together! Build and deck out a boat large enough to carry you and your fellow Survivors across the sea.
- New Seafaring Crafting Menu: Craft everything you’ll need to hit the high seas.
- The Lunar Island: Explore a strange lunar landscape filled with bizarre creatures.
- New Lunar Island Biomes: Discover 3 new biomes loaded with valuable new resources, craftables, and fearsome enemies.
- Enlightenment: See the world from a new perspective as your Sanity is replaced by an all-new Enlightenment meter.
July 29, 2019
- Electric attacks from Volt Goat Chaud-Froid buff will now properly charge Volt Goats.
- Fixed animation bug with modded food being invisible in the Portable Spicer.
- Fixed some issues with the new Wardrobe Popup Screen.
July 26, 2019
- New food recipes will now work with cooked ingredients.
- Added new Seeds to Catcoon’s random gifts.
- Improved resolution of most crops.
- Fixed animation bug with new crops being invisible when grown on Farms.
- Fixed crash when attempting to add seasoning to mod foods.
- Fixed crash caused by new Wardrobe Popup Screen.
- Fixed animation bug with Willow’s custom idle animation when using skins.
- Fixed animation bug with Victorian Warly’s beard.
- Fixed animation bug with WX-78’s Unfinished Robot Hands.
July 25, 2019 - Warly Character Update
- Warly is now live!
- Warly can craft a Chef Pouch, which is a small backpack that also helps to preserve food items a little bit longer.
- Warly can craft a Portable Crock Pot, Portable Grinding Mill, and Portable Seasoning Station, usable only by him.
- The Portable Crock Pot cooks 25% faster and includes new exclusive dishes with unique bonuses and effects.
- The Portable Grinding Mill can be used to craft a variety of seasoning powders.
- The Portable Seasoning Station combines a prepared dish with seasoning powder to add bonus effects to the food.
- Warly has an increased max hunger of 250, but it decreases 20% faster than other characters.
- Warly can only eat prepared dishes from a Crock Pot.
- Warly remembers the dishes he ate for up to two days and will enjoy them less every time they are repeated.
- Added new vegetables, available to all characters: Toma Root, Potato, Asparagus, Pepper, Onion, and Garlic.
- Added several new Crock Pot recipes, available to all characters.
- Increased Insulated Pack size from 6 to 8 slots.
- Added a new custom idle animation for Willow when holding Bernie.
- Added a new custom idle animation for Winona.
- Updated the Wardrobe Popup Screen.
- Added support for mod character mode previewing using AddModCharacter(). Argument supplied is a table containing a table for each mode in order, with values for name, play_emotes, build, bank, idle_anim, scale, and offset.
June 10, 2019
- Added a new custom idle animation for Wortox.
- Fixed bug where an equipped Bernie gets damaged when Willow attacks on a mount.
- Fixed bug where waterproof gear did not protect Wes when crafting Pile o' Balloons.
- Fixed bug where Cactus destroyed by a Sinkhole did not drop Cactus Flower.
- Fixed inspection strings for Ancient Fuelweaver.
- Fixed various Wormwood skin bugs.
June 7, 2019
- Fixed missing daily gift popup when you received a DLC grant at the same time.
- Fixed bug where Wormwood did not lose sanity for chopping down Mushtrees.
- Fixed bug where some players became invisible when mounting a Beefalo.
- Fixed bugs with Wormwood’s custom idle animations, which will now only play when using Wormwood’s hand skins (or none).
June 6, 2019 - Wormwood Character Update
- Fixed controller bug with using items on yourself, such as eating.
- Fixed bug where Bramble Husk’s thorns are still triggered when the Player is mounted.
- Fixed missing sound FX for Wormwood’s /sleepy emote.
- Fixed death announcement for dying to Thorns.
- Fixed layering and hiding issues with Oasis Bound Legs.
- Wormwood is now live!
- Wormwood can plant Seeds directly in the ground without using Farms.
- In Spring, Wormwood blossoms, gaining increased movement speed, draining hunger faster, and attracting Bees.
- Eye Plants are friendly to Wormwood.
- Wormwood has a Green Thumb crafting tab:
- Living Log can be created at the cost of 20 Health.
- Bramble Husk provides 65% Armor and shoots out thorns when hit, dealing 23 damage in a small radius. The wearer is also protected from thorns.
- Bramble Trap shoots out Thorns when triggered, dealing 40 damage in a small radius.
- Compost Wrap restores 30 Health to Wormwood. It can also be used as a very potent fertilizer.
- Wormwood can use Manure, Guano, or Bucket-o-poop to fertilize himself, restoring 2 Health.
- Food items do not heal Wormwood.
- Wormwood takes 25% more damage from fire, and burns for slightly longer.
- Wormwood loses sanity when plants are destroyed near him (e.g. picking flowers, completely chopping or burning down trees, digging up stumps, grass, saplings, or bushes, etc.) This excludes plants that are diseased or already burnt.
- Wormwood gains sanity when plants are planted near him (e.g. seeds, flowers, trees, grass, saplings, or bushes, etc.)
- Sanity effects from planting or destroying plants is reduced the further it happens from Wormwood.
- Fixed bug with the inventory icon not updating correctly sometimes for the Metamorphosed Flame (Thermal Stone skin).
- Fixed bug with the inventory icon spoilage colors not always updating immediately.
- Fixed bug where some objects could be incorrectly drawn on Mini Signs.
- Fixed bug where Loot Stash can sometimes be triggered by multiple Antlers at the same time.
- Fixed bug where Bees did not always change to their Spring colors automatically.
- Fixed bug where some actions were unavailable on controllers for deployable items (e.g. Murdering a Butterfly).
- Fixed bug where Willow casting Telepoof would always cause BERNIE! to deactivate.
- Armor will no longer take damage when evading an attack during Telepoof.
- Hammering down a Bee Box will now drop remaining harvestable Honey.
- Baby Tentacles no longer drop Souls.
- Minor string fixes.
Release Patches (since April 10, 2017)
May 9, 2019
- Fixed bug where BERNIE!, Winona’s Catapult, and Houndius Shootius can end up targeting players who attacked with a Weather Pain or Fire Darts.
- BERNIE! will no longer target any players that attack him on non-PvP servers.
- BERNIE! will target non-Willow players that attack him on PvP servers.
May 8, 2019
- Fixed string names for Driving Gloves.
- Fixed moonwalking Bernie.
- There can only be one active BERNIE! per Willow player, but they can now activate near each other.
- Willow’s fuel perk now applies to Night Lights.
- Updated Willow’s perk strings in the character selection screen.
- Using a Deconstruction Staff on a Gobbler, Varg, or Pig Shrine will now drop available offerings.
May 7, 2019 - Willow Character Update
- Willow is now immune to fire damage.
- Willow is now more easily frozen (e.g. by Ice Staves or Deerclops).
- Willow no longer gets cold from low sanity.
- Winter gear is slightly less effective at keeping Willow warm.
- Willow takes more damage and loses sanity at freezing temperatures.
- Willow takes longer to overheat and less damage when overheated.
- Willow takes no burn damage while extinguishing smoldering fires and does it faster than others.
- Adding fuel to fires is 50% more effective.
- Bernie can now be equipped by Willow for sanity and warmth at the cost of durability.
- Bernie grows big and will taunt and fight most hostile creatures when Willow is nearby and insane.
- Bernie will still taunt Shadow Creatures when any other player is nearby and insane.
- In addition, Willow still gains sanity near fire and can still cook with her Lighter.
- Added Discount filter to the Shop Screen.
- Using a Deconstruction Staff on a G.E.M.erator will now drop available gems, similar to hammering.
- Unlocked Kingly, Queenly, and Pawn Figure Sketches will now be properly included in Tumbleweed drop tables.
- Succulents will no longer spawn overlapped on top of buildings by the Lake.
- Fixed bug where Wortox did not properly collect Souls while frozen.
- Fixed crash when Souls timeout off-screen.
- Fixed animation flicker sometimes when dropping items while mounted.
- Fixed animation bug when players fall asleep.
- Fixed alignment of some casted lights (e.g. Torch and Lighter flames).
- Fixed missing UI animation when harvesting Bee Boxes.
- Fixed rare crash in the Item Collection screens.
- Fixed random crashes that were happening on some servers.
- Fixed some combat targeting bugs for BERNIE!
- Fixed bug where Willow’s freeze resist changes after she dies and resurrects.
- Fixed animation bug when Willow is electrocuted while using The Forlorn Doll skin.
April 5, 2019
- Creatures that die in traps near Wortox will now spawn souls.
- Fixed animation layering bugs during Soul Hop.
- Fixed various Wortox skins bugs.
- Improved error dialog for deleted accounts.
March 29, 2019
- Armor will no longer take damage when evading an attack during Soul Hop.
- Sand Spikes, Relics, Balloons, Meat Bulbs, and Nightmares will no longer spawn Souls.
- Sand Spikes, Relics, and Balloons will no longer trigger Abigail or Wigrid’s Battleborn.
- Minor fixes in Wortox’s speech strings.
- Minor fixes for Chinese translations.
March 28, 2019 - Wortox Character Update
- Wortox Has Arrived!
- Wortox catches the Souls of creatures that die around him.
- Souls can be used for the following abilities:
- Wortox can eat delicious Souls (then loses some sanity).
- Wortox teleports a short distance.
- Release Souls to heal nearby allies.
- Unfortunately for Wortox, his body craves Souls. Food is only ½ as sustaining.
- Wortox can be overloaded with Souls, causing him to drop them and lose sanity.
- Wortox is less afraid of monsters.
- Fixed bug where Fire Staff could be casted on a Night Light, resulting in a crash.
- Fixed bug where murdering a stack of creatures only counted as one kill.
- Fixed bug with burnt Deciduous Trees and stumps not decaying over time like other trees do.
- Fixed bug with controller targeting when using a Pitchfork as Wortox.
- Fixed missing sounds for some of Wortox’s emotes.
- Fixed the size of Equestrienne Headdress when dropped on the ground.
- Fixed the oval portrait for Random Character in the Lobby’s Character Select.
March 12, 2019
- Winona's speed crafting ability will now only cost hunger if she hasn't crafted anything within the last minute. (Everytime she crafts, the timer is extended back to a minute.)
- Reduced Winona's crafting speed penalty when she is hungry.
- Winona's Catapult no longer damages Maxwell's Shadow Minions.
- Winona's Spotlights will now prioritize having different targets from each other.
- Increased maximum range of Winona's Spotlight.
- Koelefant burning to death will now drop Koalefant Trunk Steak instead of Ash.
- Fixed audio bug where Catapult sounds sometimes continued after they became burnt.
- Fixed bug with Night Light not consuming fuel properly.
- Fixed bug where Clay Hounds did not spawn from hunts when Year of the Varg event is enabled.
- Fixed layering bug where Winona's Voxola Work Uniform was failing to hide skirts.
March 8, 2019
- Deploying plants will no longer trigger range indicators on Winona's structures.
- Fixed bug where Winona’s Generator and G.E.M.erator stop behaving properly after being set on fire and then extinguished.
- Fixed bug causing Fire Staff not to light creatures on fire.
- Fixed bug where Heal action did not fail properly if the target has already died.
- Fixed bug where some assets may not be loaded properly when overriding the special event in world options.
- Fixed bug where Year of the Pig King minigame can sometimes cause Hound waves to stop indefinitely.
- Fixed bug where Werebeaver becomes invisible when smashed by a sign during the Pig King minigame.
- Fixed crash when inspecting old skeletons.
- Volt Goat herds no longer merge.
March 7, 2019 - Winona Character Update
- Winona Character Update & Drop System Changes
- Winona can now build new items: a catapult, a spotlight, and 2 rechargeable generators to power them.
- Winona can now craft catapults that deal AoE damage to nearby enemies
- Winona can now craft spotlights to illuminate nearby allies
- Winona now consumes hunger when speed-crafting
- Winona now crafts slowly when hungry (but doesn't consume hunger)
- Updated strings for examining Bee Boxes containing different amounts of honey.
- Breezy Vest now provides a small amount of wetness protection.
- Fixed crash sometimes when Winona’s Catapult is burnt.
- Fixed crash in Shop screen when Steam Overlay is disabled.
- Fixed issue causing certain mods (like Geometric Placement) to stop working.
January 25, 2019
- Fixed animation bug with Wigfrid’s Ultimate Spear skin turning invisible when dropped on the ground.
- Fixed crash in Shop Screen for some users with Steam Overlay disabled.
- Fixed some string issues.
January 24, 2019 - Year of the Pig King
There's a spring in the step of our survivors this season as the world of Don't Starve says goodbye to the Year of the Varg, and hello to the Year of the Pig King! Bring in the new year by testing your mettle against the King's elite warriors in the most honourable wrestling ring, then collect festive prizes with your lucky winnings.
We have some special new skins available for everybody: the Year of the Pig King Collection. As always, you can either find them as drops in the game, weave them from spools, buy them directly ingame for yourself or head over to the steam store page to purchase them as gifts for friends!
The Year of the Pig King Collection can be purchased for $5.99USD per playable character and contains 2 unique item skins based on that character, or $12.99USD for the entire collection.
Players who log in before the end of the event will a special gift themed on this years event, so come check it out and get your gift!
December 6, 2018 - Winter's Feast
The nights are growing colder, and a distinctive holiday cheer has permeated the air. That can only mean one thing - Winter’s Feast is upon us! Take a break from enduring a hostile world to spread some holiday cheer. You could enjoy a tasty sugar cookie and decorate a tree or two… or three. Be wary though… something terrible lurks nearby, watching our survivors' every move with laser-like focus.
An Uncommon Holiday Winter skins have appeared to get our survivors into the winter spirit, and for a limited time, the chances of receiving a rare gift have been substantially increased!
Everyone will also get a small set of skins to enjoy, including a festive Gingerbread Chest skin. These skins can be accessed in players’ item collections, but will only be around for the duration of the Winter’s Feast seasonal event - so enjoy them while you can!
Happy Winter’s Feast, everyone!
December 3, 2018
- The Forge and Hallowed Nights events have come to a close.
November 23, 2018
- Improved visibility of Infernal Swineclops' death animation.
- Magma Golem's fireballs are now properly counted as ranged attacks when triggering hit reactions.
- Fixed a bug where the camera can sometimes become unstable when Infernal Swineclops is defeated while the player is dead.
November 19, 2018
- Fixed bugs with some Forge achievements not working properly.
- Fixed bug where a third Silken Grand Armor was dropped in the Forge.
November 14, 2018
- Fixed bug where more than one Blossomed Wreath can drop in a single Forge match.
- Fixed bug where sometimes defeating the Rhinocebros did not trigger a Victory.
- Adding Steam DLC packages for Forge Weapons Chest, Forge Armor Chest, and the All Survivors Gladiator Chest.
November 13, 2018
- Fixed animation bug with missing legs when certain skins were used.
- Fixed Drop Your Guard quest to work with the Infernal Staff and Hearthsfire Crystals.
- Fixed a bug where of the Dash Their Hopes quest might fail to complete.
November 8, 2018 - The Forge
- The Forge is live!
The Forge Beta (since November 5, 2018)
November 7, 2018
- Fixed crash sometimes if a client disconnects while the match is starting.
- Added Completed Quests tab on the Forge details screen.
November 6, 2018
- Fixed crash sometimes when players disconnect while using weapon skills.
- Fixed bug where players would be stuck syncing quests in the lobby.
- Added a link to the leaderboards in the Forge menu.
November 5, 2018
- Forge Beta is live! Click here for more info.
- NOTE: Please try relogging into Steam if the forgebeta branch does not appear right away.
October 29, 2018
- Fixed bug where burning eyes on Totally Normal Trees sometimes do not appear while Hallowed Nights is active.
- Fixed typo in Haunted Forest Portrait.
October 26, 2018
- Fixed crash when digging up Graves in the Caves.
- Fixed crash sometimes if crafting station is destroyed right before you finish prototyping a recipe.
- Fixed crash sometimes when giving Trinkets to the Pig King while using a modded character.
- Fixed crash during Meteor Showers for some modded worlds.
- Fixed a rare World Gen crash.
- Fixed Webber and Wes’ Hallowed Nights portrait backdrops.
- Fixed The Supernatural’s hair during certain emotes.
October 25, 2018 - Hallowed Nights
- Hallowed Nights rises again.
- Existing worlds, with the Event world settings set to Auto, will have Hallowed Nights content retrofitted into the world.
- To create a world with all current and future events disabled, set the Event world settings to None.
- Fixed crash sometimes when moving items directly between containers.
October 11, 2018
- Details will now load for all servers listed in the Server Browser.
- Lucy will no longer act like she was just equipped everytime you travel to and from Caves.
- Fixed bug where some recipes crafted as Wickerbottom are not remembered after changing characters at the Celestial Portal.
- Fixed crash sometimes when inspecting players with certain translations enabled.
- Fixed minor text sizing issue with Player Avatar Popup.
- Cornucopia portrait glow fixed.
- Music volume setting will now apply to Intro Cinematic.
October 9, 2018
- Sorting mode in Server Browser screen is now remembered.
- Fixed issue with some dedicated servers running on Windows failing SteamGameServer_Init if Steam client was not installed.
October 5, 2018
- Resurrecting at the portal in Endless Mode will now work properly for all versions of the portal.
- Long names in chat will now truncate properly.
- Fixed audio bug when reading a Book while holding a Staff.
- Fixed bug where irreplaceable items could be removed if hit directly by a meteor.
- Added weaveable filter to collection screens.
- Added clothing presets to the lobby and wardrobe screens.
October 3, 2018
- Despawning at the Celestial Portal will now save your crafting, map, and pet data, as well as your survived day count.
- Crafting description for On Tentacles now correctly indicates that it requires an Alchemy Engine.
- Fixed issue with some users being unable to start a server with Caves enabled.
- Fixed black box around the Marble Portrait.
October 1, 2018
- Celestial Portal in the Caves can no longer be activated.
- Celestial Orb will always show up on the Minimap, even if it is held or inside a container.
- Fixed animation bugs with Celestial Portal.
- Fixed animation bug with Werebeaver becoming invisible.
- Fixed bug where digging up an occupied Burrow did not release a Moleworm.
- Fixed bug where chat messages did not fade out.
- Fixed “Thingamabob” names in player inspect screen.
- Fixed crash sometimes when unravelling items.
September 27, 2018 - Celestial Update
- Search for a unique Moon Rock Boulder that falls during Meteor showers to discover new Celestial crafting.
- Twitch item drops will be available to streamers and viewers.
- Character clothing selection screens updated to use new collection UI.
- Profile icons now used in chat and player status screen.
- Sort functionality added to item collection screens.
- Improved server listing performance.
- Server names and descriptions can now be hidden locally.
- Klei dedicated servers now have their own icon in the Browse Games screen.
- Added folder_name to modinfo environment, to allow for easier modder debugging.
- Long running dedicated servers will now properly backup logs periodically.
August 2, 2018
- Recent Encounters screen has been redone.
- Player badges now indicate when a player is in a loading screen (i.e. connecting to the server, or migrating between Forest and Caves.)
- Updated Spiky Tree Portrait and Spider Nest Portrait.
- Fixed rare crash caused by haunting a Crock Pot while it is cooking Jellybeans.
- Fixed bug on clients where broken Fences did not clear pathfinding.
- Fixed bug causing Baby Beefalo to sometimes split from their herd when fully grown.
- Fixed bug preventing herds from merging properly.
- Fixed bug where Bunnymen and Pig Men inside their houses can still acquire combat targets.
July 18, 2018
- Fixed bug with Bearger’s spawn timer.
July 17, 2018
- The Gorge and The Gorge Tournament have come to an end.
- Fixed crash sometimes when shutting down a dedicated server on Linux.
July 13, 2018
- Updated art for Mossy Gateway Portrait, Altar of Gnaw Portrait, and Pot Hanger Portrait.
- Fixed bug where some players received a Tournament Entry badge, but their score did not show up on the leaderboard. If you believe this is still happening on new matches, please let us know by submitting a bug report. (We are still investigating the possibility of restoring previously missed entries.)
- Fixed a rare crash when shutting down the game.
July 12, 2018
- Fixed bug where overriding a World’s Event setting did not apply to Caves.
- Fix a bug where some players would get the "Unable to connect to leaderboard server" message on every match.
- Fixed Woodie’s Trader's Furs icon.
July 10, 2018
- The Gorge Tournament is live! Click here for more details.
July 9, 2018
- Producing Syrup will no longer fail the Killing Spree achievement.
- Fixed a rare crash sometimes when unloading a modded world.
July 6, 2018
- The Gorge event extended.
- Added new achievements for The Gorge.
- Fixed bug causing some servers to fail to respond to connection requests.
- Fixed crash caused by mods attempting to load missing assets.
July 4, 2018
- Shadow Minions have slightly increased range and will continue chopping trees even if Players move off screen.
- Increased Willow’s fueling bonus.
- Improved cooking efficiency bonuses for Wilson, Wendy, and Wolfgang.
- Added indicators for stations currently affected by a cooking efficiency buff.
- Added more icons for XP awarded in the Post Match Screen.
- Improved leaderboard submission reliability and feedback when failing to connect to the leaderboard server.
- Fixed crash for some Players with corrupt Recipe Book data.
- Fixed bug with menu header text changing incorrectly in the Host Game screen.
June 29, 2018
- Fixed a rare crash in the Recipe Book.
- Fixed animation bug with Bruschetta.
- Added leaderboards for fastest teams and best scores with 20 or less sacrifices made.
June 27, 2018
- Players can now join Gorge servers via Steam friends list or invites.
- Fixed animation bug causing players to become invisible after entering the Caves.
- Fixed problems for users with large collections of items.
- Fixed critter rarity colour in the crafting menu.
June 26, 2018
- Fixed some client crashes when disconnecting from a server or the server is resetting.
June 22, 2018
- Fixed animation bug causing some clients to crash randomly.
June 21, 2018
- The Gorge leaderboards have been reset! Your team’s score will now be based on the quality of your offerings over time, rather than an overall total. (Please note that the original leaderboards have been archived and can still be viewed on the website.)
- Fixed some issues preventing Players from finding their server to rejoin if they got disconnected.
June 20, 2018
- Fixed bug caused by two Players installing or using a cooking station at the same time.
- Fixed bug causing Recipe Book ingredients not to update properly.
- Fixed bug where a server can sometimes become unjoinable even when it has open slots.
- Fixed some cases where one Player losing connection may cause other Players to be disconnected as well.
June 19, 2018
- Improved server stability.
- Fix crash sometimes when picking up a Pot Hanger item.
- Fix crash sometimes when using the Recipe Book while food is being offered.
- Various string fixes.
June 18, 2018
- Improved controller support for the Recipe Book.
- Additional Gorge food Profile Icons added.
- Loyal Gorge event Portrait Frame added.
- Sap can now be harvested while holding an Axe.
- Fixed issue with granting DLC items that were previously claimed on the beta branch.
- Fixed crash in Host Game screen when failing to contact Steam.
June 15, 2018
- Improved error detection when creating a Custom Match.
- Fixed a crash sometimes at the end of a match.
- Fixed bug with Fanciful Explorer skin FX.
- Increased resolution on regular game Crock Pot foods.
June 14, 2018 - The Gorge
- Added character perks for The Gorge.
- Fixed players not being able to join a server after the match has ended.
- Fixed in-game Recipe Book size for screen resolutions larger than 1080p.
- Recipe Book now stores the highest values earned for offerings.
The Gorge Beta (since June 12, 2018)
June 13, 2018
- Players will now drop everything when disconnecting in The Gorge.
- Removed Fishing Rod durability in The Gorge.
- Successful offerings no longer deplete the Hangry Meter.
- Fixed Mac OSX build.
- The Safe’s UI will no longer covered by the Hangry Meter.
June 12, 2018
- The Gorge beta is now live!
- Fixed Mac OSX build.
- Fixed crash when selecting Korean language.
- Fixed error starting the game if recipe book save data becomes corrupted.
- Fixed items and skins not showing properly when switching to and from Gorge Beta branch.
May 23, 2018
March 16, 2018
- Fixed crash when unraveling Ensemble items.
- Fixed crash when selecting a server intention while viewing the details tab.
- Fixed rare crash in the mods tab.
- Fixed minor memory leak in the main menus.
- Fixed Dryad's Tunic layering bug that was hiding the belt of the Dryad's Leggings.
- Fixed crash sometimes when fighting a Warg.
March 15, 2018
- Year of the Varg event has ended.
- Reign of Giants and Shipwrecked DLC skin items no longer need to be claimed with a redeemable code. Those items are now automatically granted to users owning the DLC when logging in.
February 14, 2018
- Fixed animation bug when freezing Clay Hounds.
- Fixed animation bug when using Hound Whistle while mounted.
- Fixed various clothing and skins bugs.
- Fixed missing Puppy Cap inventory icon.
- Fixed mod configs from getting applied to the wrong settings.
- Event clothing from the previous Lunar New Year is now enabled.
February 9, 2018 - Year of the Varg
- Fixed bug where Shadow Chesspieces and Ancient Fuelweaver were still dropping ornaments after Winter’s Feast.
- Fixed bug where Buzzards failed to respawn.
- Fixed bug where Werepigs could sometimes revert back to normal Pig Men during a Full Moon.
- Fixed bug where Lureplants would use wrong items for their lure.
- Fixed animation bug with burning Clockwork Rooks and Damaged Rooks.
- Fixed texture seams on player ghosts.
- UI anim shaders now properly support SetAddColour.
- Fixed Warhound Helm inventory icon.
- Fixed various audio volume bugs.
- Fixed double clicking to join games from the Server Browser screen.
January 18, 2018
- Fixed bug that caused inventories to get into a non-giftable state.
- Fixed "New!" shop flag from appearing when there aren’t new items.
January 8, 2018
- Winter’s Feast has come to an end.
- Fixed various character skin bugs.
- Viewing game info of a Steam friend will now display the correct IP Address.
January 3, 2018
- Deerclops's laser attack will now properly draw aggro.
- Deerclops's laser attack will now be able to hit targets that are very close.
- Improved autocomplete behaviour.
- Fixed bug where "Undo Changes" button isn't enabled when selecting default clothing.
- Fixed various character skin and clothing bugs.
December 19, 2017
- Fixed bug with Festive Lights sometimes turning back on when they are in your bags.
- Fixed bug with Misery Toadstool and Ancient Fuelweaver not dropping their ornaments.
- Fixed bug where planting a Pine Cone in the Festive Tree Planter would spawn an extra Pine Cone.
- Fixed Wigfrid Battlemaster Head Skin when wearing hats.
- Fixed Gladiator Wolfgang’s eyes when in wimpy mode.
- Fixed Wendy’s hair snowflake positioning.
- Fixed character animation bugs when caroling on a Beefalo.
December 18, 2017 - Winter's Feast
- Winter's Feast is here! The in-game event will be automatically enabled for worlds with Events set to Auto (default).
- Improved boot time:
- Note for modders: data/scripts/* has been moved to data/databundles/scripts.zip.
- See data/scripts_readme.txt for for info.
- Memory optimizations.
- Improved autocomplete behaviour.
- Added autocomplete options to client.ini for chat and console input:
- In client.ini, under the [MISC] category, add:
- console_autocomplete = tab_enter
- chat_autocomplete = tab_enter
- Values for these are:
- tab_enter - both tab and enter will apply the selected word
- tab - only tab will apply the selected word
- enter - only enter will apply the selected word
- mouseonly - you will need to click on a word to apply it
- disabled - the auto complete prompt will be disabled
- In client.ini, under the [MISC] category, add:
- Added autocomplete options to client.ini for chat and console input:
- Improved Curio Cabinet UI:
- Filter buttons now apply to all menu items.
- Filter selections will now be remembered.
- Toggling filters will no longer deselect the current item.
- Improved screen navigation for controllers.
- Added new option to sort server browser by relevance.
- Fixed bug where Hallowed Nights trinkets could still be dug up from Graves when the event is not active.
- Prevent crash when client.ini contains invalid audio settings.
December 4, 2017
- The Forge is now closed.
- Fixed bug where skins and profile level may sometimes not work properly when joining a server via Steam Friends list.
November 30, 2017
- Added 8 new Accomplishments for The Forge.
- Pressing w/a/s/d in text boxes will no longer trigger sound effects.
- Fixed controller bugs in the Curio Cabinet and Lobby screens.
- Fixed All Survivors Forge Chest review screen layout.
November 23, 2017
- Console commands now use the new text auto-completion.
- Fixed bug where pasting text into the console with [Ctrl+V] would toggle off “Remote”.
- Fixed bug where certain symbols before ":" would prevent auto-completion for chat emoticons.
- Fixed bug where random character selection sometimes loads the wrong clothing options.
- Selecting heads in the Curio Cabinet will now load the full outfit.
- Fixed missing descriptions for some Belongings in the Curio Cabinet.
- Fixed bug where controller Backpack slots may not reappear when resuming a game as Werebeaver and later transforming back to Woodie.
- Fixed bug where controller crafting and inventory did not close automatically when Woodie transforms into Werebeaver.
- Fixed bug with Backpack skins not working properly in game.
- Fixed issues causing Shop purchases in certain regions to fail due to Steam’s new currency requirements.
November 21, 2017
- Added a new auto complete system for character emotes and chat emoticons:
- Pressing Enter or Tab will complete the highlighted suggestion
- Pressing Esc will dismiss the suggestions
- Fixed character quotes for Hallowed Nights skins.
November 16, 2017
- Fixed bug with Profile Icons and Portrait Backgrounds not showing up properly in the Caves.
- Fixed display names for wet items.
November 15, 2017
- Fix bug where XP and chests did not update properly until the game was closed and restarted.
November 14, 2017
- Re-opened the Trade Inn.
- Fixed missing Bernie or Abigail if a player rejoins after being disconnected right as the match starts.
- Fixed invisible Werebeaver bug when using Woodie’s Gladiator or Challenger skins.
- Fixed animation bug when using Step Dance emote while mounted.
- Fixed animation bug when reading The End Is Nigh: Gilded Edition.
- Fixed animation becoming frozen sometimes while opening chests in the Treasury.
- Fixed issues causing Weaving items to fail unexpectedly.
- Added more detailed messages explaining errors while purchasing items in the Shop.
November 12, 2017
- Fixed bug causing some players to disconnect at the end of a match.
- Fixed bug where action fail speech is sometimes triggered when attacking with the Spiral Spear.
November 10, 2017
- Fixed bug where Magma Golem sometimes did not attack targets that should be just within range.
- Fixed crash sometimes when clients are disconnected from the Lobby screen.
- Loading screens will now randomize properly.
November 9, 2017 - The Forge
- The Forge is now live!
- Wearing Hallowed Nights skins will now always give the correct amount of candy from the Pig King.
- Fixed WX78’s Circuit Breaker Accomplishment
- Fixed crash sometimes when cancelling special ability targeting.
- Fixed match sometimes ending incorrectly when killing the Grand Forge Boarrior before the Boarons.
- Fixed occasional crash when voting to start.
- Fixed connection issues sometimes when creating a Custom Match.
- Fixed issue where Vampire Batling item could not be crafted.
- Fixed duplicate Vampire Batling from appearing in the Curio Cabinet.
- Fixed Wolfgang Gladiator body clothing when mighty.
October 31, 2017
- Fixed bug where new Hallowed Nights content may not have spawned in for some old worlds.
- Existing worlds that were saved with Forge item skins, will no longer crash on load.
- Fixed Elegant Wendy’s Lureplant head icon to include just the head, and not the body.
October 30, 2017 - Hallowed Nights
- The Hallowed Nights are upon you.
- Existing worlds, with the Event world settings set to Auto, will have Hallowed Nights content retrofitted into the world.
- To create a world with all current and future events disabled, set the Event world settings to None.
The Forge Beta (since October 23, 2017)
October 27, 2017
- Fixed bug where match does not start if someone disconnects during the countdown.
- Fixed bug where Abigail, Pit Pigs, and Baby Spiders can sometimes get stuck outside the Arena indefinitely.
- Fixed crash sometimes when using Quick Match.
- Fixed animation bugs with Willow’s Challenger and Gladiator skins.
- Fixed animation bug with Feathered Wreath skin.
- Renamed some of the creatures.
- Players’ levels are now displayed in the Lobby.
- Fixed missing meter in Ice Flingomatic animations.
- [F] and [Spacebar] actions now work while right click targeting is active.
- Fixed custom match creation for Mac users.
- Fixed rare crash when weaving items.
- Fixed Pugna's Ham Bat skin when item is dropped on the ground.
- Fixed Friendliest Friend display.
- Matches that have already started will be correctly hidden from the server browser.
- Player levels are now shown correctly in the server browser.
- Audio bug fixes.
October 25, 2017
- Added a mods warning when clicking “Enter The Forge”.
- Fixed crash sometimes when using emojis.
- Fixed crash sometimes when using Quick Match.
- Reduced the delay between rounds when Battlemaster Pugna is talking.
- Added total death count to match results screen.
- Fixed animation bug when throwing Lucy.
- Fixed bug where match would be lost even if the last standing Player dies right after successfully triggering revival on another Player.
October 24, 2017
- Creating a Forge custom match will no longer prompt you to re-enter your own password.
- Fixed crash sometimes when starting a Quick Match.
- Fixed crash sometimes when using controllers in The Forge.
- Fixed crash for some clients when selecting a character in The Forge.
- Fixed bug where Bernie cannot be revived if Willow reconnects to a match in progress.
- Fixed missing eyebrows on Wigfrid’s Challenger skin.
- Fixed spoilage icons in your inventory (for regular game modes).
- Fixed crash when inspecting Raised Dirt.
- Fixed crash in the translation mods popup window.
- Fixed server issues when client disconnects during inventory verification.
- Various string fixes.
October 23, 2017
- The Forge Beta is now live!
- Fixed crash sometimes when breaking Fences with a Torch or Willow’s Lighter.
- Fixed bug with Bearger getting stuck trying to take food out of Snow Chester.
- Fixed bug where clicking to switch targets sometimes fails when holding down the attack key.
- Fixed controller issues with fishing at the Lake.
- Fixed UI focus issues when typing in text boxes.
September 18, 2017
- Fixed issues with running the game on Windows XP.
September 13, 2017
- Winona has entered the world of Don’t Starve Together.
- Fixed some cases where world save files can become corrupted.
August 2, 2017
- Fixed bug with Abigail’s damage aura if she was hurt while spawning.
- Fixed missing tooltip for Succulent ingredient tiles.
- Fixed controller bug where dropping items could interrupt some character states unintentionally.
- Fixed memory leak when using threaded renderer.
- Improved World Gen random seed.
July 13, 2017
- Fixed some issues with attack controls when using Blow Darts on clients.
- Improved string formatting for better translations.
June 22, 2017
- Fixed issue with input dropping for some people on OSX.
- Fixed crash when using a Napsack on a mounted player on a PvP enabled server.
- Fixed bug where bait can sometimes disappear when picking up a Bird Trap.
- Updated Player battle cries when fighting Pig Men.
May 25, 2017
- Lazy Forager no longer picks up placed Tooth Traps or Bee Mines.
- World customization for Cactus will now properly affect Cacti in the Oasis as well.
- Fixed crash sometimes when Players enter and exit Caves while wearing a Bone Helm.
- Fixed bug where Splumonkies could try to pick up heavy items or unique items like Star-sky.
- Fixed bug where items may not be restored to their correct state when unwrapping Bundled Supplies.
May 23, 2017
- Increased Napsack duration to 20 seconds.
- Improved controller targeting priority for Mini Signs on top of Chests.
- Added missing inspect strings for Bone Helm.
- Fixed crash sometimes when Players disconnect while wearing a Bone Helm.
- Fixed crash sometimes when spawning Spider Queen.
- Fixed bug where Klaus can sometimes get stuck in casting animation.
- Fixed bug where healing Toadstool may cause additional Shroom Skins to drop.
- Fixed bug where Glommer can sometimes spawn more than once in a full moon after a server is shut down and then resumed.
May 18, 2017 - Bonus Update
- Carrying a Thulecite Medallion now reveals the location of the Ancient Key on your minimap. (Even if the key is inside a container, or carried by a player or Ancient Guardian.)
- Ancient Fuelweaver now drops a Bone Helm, which attracts Shadow Creatures but prevents them from attacking you unless provoked.
- Deerclops, Bearger, Moose/Goose, and Dragonfly now drop Sketches for crafting sculptures in their image.
- Added secret recipes for crafting replicas of the Ruins Relics.
- Reduced Volt Goat physics radius. (Now matches Beefalo size.)
- Fixed ocean waves animation glitch when rotating the camera.
- Fixed missing speech strings for Maxwell overusing Birds of the World.
- Fixed incorrect loot tables for Monkeys in normal and Nightmare phases.
- Fixed bug where Poison Birchnut Tree Trunks did not save properly and drop Living Logs.
- Fixed bug where Tree Trunks may not turn to Ash properly when burnt off-screen.
- Fixed bug where Heal action can show up for Player ghosts.
- Fixed bug where Bug Net Catch action can show up for insects in inventory or containers.
- Fixed bug where Werepigs sometimes fail to transform back to normal Pigmen.
- Fixed bug with Bearger’s ground pound sometimes incorrectly deals damage multiple times to the same target.
- Fixed bug where Klaus’s Loot Stash may respawn incorrectly sometimes after a server is restarted.
- Fixed bug where Beefalo Horn still sounds even when the action is interrupted.
- Fixed bug where Spider Queen can sometimes spawn on invalid ground.
April 28, 2017
- Fixed bug where Birchnutters can still escape while frozen.
- Fixed missing emote sounds for /sit and /squat
- Fixed missing mount sounds for yawn animation.
- Fixed missing dirt in dug Spiky Bush animations.
- Fixed incorrect inspect strings for picked Succulents.
- Fixed bug where hover text may not reset correctly on mod configuration screen.
- Fixed rarity of the The Ancient Explorer.
April 27, 2017
- Added sound effects for mounted emotes.
- Added an inspect window for Scarecrow skins.
- Meteor impact no longer destroys Backpacks.
- Reduced physics radius for Mushtrees and Cave Banana Trees.
- Fixed missing torso in some Woodie animations.
- Fixed bug where Tooth Traps sometimes slide on the ground when deployed.
April 25, 2017
- Floppy Straw Hat skin can now be applied Rain Hat and Miner Hat.
- /joy emote can now be used while mounted.
- Eating or cooking a Mandrake will no longer put Players (other than yourself) to sleep on non-PvP servers.
- Fixed bug where mounts are unaffected by AoE sleep even after their rider is knocked out.
- Fixed bug where Bearger can sometimes move at running speed while walking.
April 24, 2017
- Spear skins can now be applied to Fire Staff and Ice Staff.
- Fixed crash when an invalid parameter is passed to the /rollback command
- Fixed bug where Unseen Hands could not be damaged by casting the Weather Pain.
- Fixed bug where Shadow Creatures being removed by the destabilizing Ancient Gateway were still dropping loot.
- Fixed animation glitches in the Player mind control loop.
- Fixed animation bug when chopping down a burning Poison Birchnut Tree.
- Fixed bug where using Fire or Ice Staff against a charged Volt Goat would electrocute the caster.
- Fixed bug where using any ranged weapon against a target wearing Scalemail would burn the attacker.
- Fixed bug where failing to catch a Boomerang while wearing Scalemail would burn yourself.
April 21, 2017
- Giants and ANR bosses now gain temporary resistance against excessive damage from explosives. The base amount of damage from explosives is still the same, and the first stack of explosives will still do full damage. Subsequent stacks of explosives will do reduced damage until the temporary resistance begins fading after a few seconds.
- Ancient Cane skin can now be applied to The Lazy Explorer.
- All Top Hat skins can now be applied to Prestihatitator.
- The Lazy Explorer and Prestihatitator skins can be selected during crafting whether their ingredients were skinned or not.
- /sit, /squat, and /swoon emotes can now be used while mounted.
- Fixed bug where Players sometimes cannot use any text commands (e.g. /roll) for a short time after voting.
- Fixed bug where Heal action appears on Sand Spikes and Sand Castles.
- Fixed bug where some invalid items could be traded to the Antlion.
- Fixed bug where stacked projectile weapons could disappear when slipping out of the Player’s hands in the rain.
April 18, 2017
- Vote window will now show the name of the player that initiated the vote request.
- Votes can only be initiated by Players who have survived a minimum of 20 days, or the oldest Player if nobody meets that requirement.
- Vote kicks will still be carried out even if the target client is no longer online by the end of the vote.
- Bone armor will now shield against Earthquake and Cave-in debris.
- Updated /yawn and /sleepy emote animations for mounted Players.
- Mounted Players will now also bow to the Bee Queen Crown.
- One-man Band no longer lowers dapperness for your own pets.
- Willow is now less prone to dropping below freezing temperature from her insanity chills.
- Tumbleweeds and Crumpled Packages will no longer drop Unknown Blueprints.
- Fixed bug where Wee MacTusk did not drop loot.
- Fixed bug where Sand Spikes and Sand Castles can be burnt repeatedly.
- Fixed bug where the Bug Net could sometimes catch dead bugs.
- Fixed bug where Lucy did not remember the possessed Axe’s original durability after shutting down and resuming a world.
- Fixed bug where Players are sometimes listed as choosing their character when they are entering or exiting the Caves.
- Fixed death announcement when a Player is electrocuted by a charged Volt Goat.
A New Reign (since August 11, 2016)
This list only contains updates that were transferred from the A New Reign beta to the main branch. For a detailed overview over the beta updates, see A New Reign's Version History.
April 7, 2017
- Fixed crash sometimes when retrofitting A New Reign content into existing worlds.
- Bunnyman will no longer switch to Beardlord specific animations, since not all players may be seeing them as Beardlords at the same time.
April 6, 2017 - Release Build
- Search the desert for new surprises shrouded by the Sandstorm in summer.
- Pay tribute to the Antlion to prevent Sinkholes above ground and Cave-ins underground, as well as earn other rewards.
- Added Desert Goggles, a must have when walking into a Sandstorm.
- Added The Lazy Deserter, a magical device used for teleporting players to each other.
- Added /sit and /squat emotes.
- Discover the secret entrance to the new Atrium zone inside the Caves and unlock the mysteries lying deep within the Heart of the Ruins.
- Ornate Chests can no longer be destroyed, and the Large Ornate Chest now contains better loot, including an Ancient Key.
- The Shadow Atrium can now be used to resurrect Odd Skeletons. Results may vary, depending on where you attempt this dangerous ritual!
- Ruins music is back!
- Fixed bug with Dragonfly sometimes not resetting properly when teleported away before engaging.
- Fixed bug causing Bee Queen to summon more Grumble Bees than normal whenever they chase players too far away while enraged.
- Bundling Wrap is now learnt from a Blueprint dropped by Bee Queen (or Klaus’s Loot Stash).
- Mandrakes now have a chance to drop from Klaus’s Loot Stash.
- Unwrapping Bundled Supplies will now check for valid ground before dropping the items.
- Fossil Fragments lying on the ground can no longer be smashed by earthquake debris.
- Broken Thulecite Crown will now auto-equip the next one immediately even if there is currently a shield.
- Fixed hair animation layering bug when mounted with a heavy object.
- Beefalo will no longer walk away from you when you are trying to carry a heavy object onto it.
- Players will now play the correct animation when casting spells while mounted.
- Fire Staff and Ice Staff can now be used while mounted.
- /yawn and /sleepy emotes can now be used while mounted.
- Blueprints can now be learnt while mounted.
- Melted Mini Glaciers will now dry up in Summer or near a Campfire.
- Fixed bug where Pengulls stopped spawning after the first year.
- Fixed bug where poop thrown by Splumonkey can land and stay outside of valid ground.
- Fixed bug where Hounds can sometimes fail to spawn for players standing near the edge of the world.
- Fixed crash sometimes when a Player disconnects during Hound attacks.
- Fixed bug where auto-attack fails to target Werepigs drawn to the Moon Stone.
- Fixed bug where Shadow Chesspieces sometimes have a long delay before transforming.
- Fixed bug where hammering an Ancient Pseudoscience Station can sometimes fail to produce a random spawn.
- Fixed bug where Giants were not destroying Mini Glaciers properly.
- Fixed bug where Pengulls did not react properly when damaged by Blow Darts.
- Fixed bug where Poison Birchnut Trees will never resume combat once they have gone off-screen once.
- Fixed crash sometimes when Poison Birchnut Trees go off-screen.
- Fixed item drop bugs for various structures when Deconstructed or hammered.
- Fixed bug where Ghosts can sometimes still do damage after dying.
- Fixed bug where insanity overlays sometimes do not show up properly when a player loads in with low sanity.
- Fixed bug where Buzzards and other flying creatures can sometimes appear to be stuck in the air.
- Fixed bug where Lucy did not remember if she possessed an Axe or Luxury Axe after shutting down and resuming a world.
- Fixed bug where some caged Birds never fall asleep.
- Poisoned Canaries will no longer trigger Bird Traps and become invisible.
- Spore Clouds will no longer make pets go hungry.
- Flowers planted by players or bees will no longer grow back after being picked.
- Fixed bug where burnt Flowers would not grow back over time.
- Fixed bug where Players can sometimes encounter a single rogue Eye Plant somewhere in the World.
- Fixed bug where Earthquake frequency customization had the opposite effect.
- Fixed bug where Klaus’s Deer could sometimes spawn in the ocean.
- Fixed bug where Lanterns picked up by the mouse cursor did not turn off when another item was equipped onto the hand slot.
- Optimizations for particle and sound effects on objects such as Torches.
- Physics optimization for recently placed structures.
- Minor reduction to the collision radius of Wardrobes and Meat Bulbs.
- Caves world gen is now guaranteed to add the Ancient Guardian.
- Forest world gen is now guaranteed to add the Pig King.
February 27, 2017
- Wildfires will no longer trigger while the ground is still wet and drying off after rain.
- Fixed Meat Bulb instant spawning bug caused by attacking it immediately after planting.
- Fixed bug where Birchnut Tree leaves were sometimes in the wrong season.
February 16, 2017
- Fixed bug when trying to pick up Cherub’s Heart using a controller.
- Fixed bug in calculating diminishing returns for WX-78’s Overcharge.
February 14, 2017 - Valentine's Day
- Cherub’s Heart and /swoon emote added as Loyal items.
- The command /eyerub now also works for the /sleepy emote.
- Improved controller support for main menu gift popup.
- Improved mouseover detection for ground oriented entities.
- Mini Glaciers will no longer spawn too close to Campfires, Fire Pits, and Scaled Furnaces.
- Woodie will no longer get stuck at 0% beaverness when he dies from hunger as a Beaver.
- Full moon phases now start and stop properly in Lights Out mode.
- Moon Dial now has a global minimap icon, like all other structures crafted from Moonlenses.
- Fixed rare networking bug for minimap icons.
- Fixed bug where depleted Red Lanterns did not turn off after a server reset.
- Fixed bug where Life Giving Amulets are sometimes not consumed if a Player disconnects during resurrection.
- Fixed crash sometimes after Batilisks escape through Cave Lights.
- Fixed animation layering bug when Wolfgang changes Mightiness while mounted.
- Fixed animation glitch when players are frozen while wearing a Top Hat.
- Fixed animation glitch when No-Eyed Deer run into old trees with their Antlers.
- Fixed animation glitch sometimes when Evergreens and Birchnut Trees burn off-screen.
January 20, 2017
- Fixed crash when lighting Firecrackers near Blue Hounds.
January 19, 2017 - Year of the Gobbler
- Gobblers are appearing more than normal!
- Build a shrine to appease the Gobblers and receive Red Pouches from them.
- Make offerings to the Gobbler Shrine in return for unique items like Red Firecrackers, Red Lanterns, and more...
- Hounds are known to be easily startled by the sound of Firecrackers.
- Perform the Lucky Beast Dance properly with your friends to receive a major sanity bonus.
- Adopt a cute little Giblet at the Critter Den.
January 5, 2017
- Winter’s Feast has drawn to a close. Thanks for playing!
- Existing ornaments and other goodies will remain in-world until the world is regenerated.
- Klaus’s Loot Stash now spawns during Winter only.
December 21, 2016
- Fixed bug where Players could still attack while heavy lifting.
- Fixed UI bugs where some buttons could slowly drift out of position when dragging the mouse cursor off of them.
- Improved error handling for RPC calls made with invalid parameters.
December 19, 2016
- Added missing Clothing Items.
- Fix bug where Klaus’ Deer could sometimes spawn in the ocean.
- Fixed ambiguous controller prompts for Shave actions targeting creatures vs. yourself.
December 16, 2016
- Applied Horticulture will now work on Winter’s Feast Trees.
- Maxwell’s Shadow Minions will no longer chop Winter’s Feast Trees.
- Increased range at which Salt Licks can be used again by creatures that have recently used one.
- Fixed bug where domesticated Beefalo fail to become Feral when attacked by Players.
- Fixed bug where Pudgy domesticated Beefalo did not lose their sanity aura when becoming Feral.
- Fixed bug where players become permanently charred after burning to death more than once.
- Fixed bug where Spiders can fall asleep while frozen.
December 15, 2016 - Winter's Feast
- Encounter new majestic seasonal Deer herds.
- Share presents with friends by wrapping items in fancy Gift Wrap.
- Build your own Festive Tree Planter to grow and decorate a Winter’s Feast Tree.
- Test your holiday mettle against Klaus and his minions for rare and valuable loot.
- And more secrets to discover!
- Beefalo no longer lose domestication when they are asleep.
- Salt Licks are no longer depleted by creatures that are asleep or frozen.
- Increased range at which Salt Licks can be used off-screen.
- Reduced amount of fuel consumed whenever objects like Torches and Lighters are turned on, now scaled according to their actual fuel consumption rates.
- Using a Fire Staff to burn non-combat entities will no longer trigger battle theme music.
- Fixed save/load bug with explosive entities that have been set on fire and then extinguished.
November 29, 2016
- Maxwell’s Shadow Minions will no longer chop Toadstool’s mushroom when Toadstool is underground.
- Reduced the number of Grass Gekkos that can spawn within a patch of Grass.
- Networking fixes and optimizations for Nightmare Lights and Fissures.
- Memory optimizations for some creature brains.
- Fixed bug where Ice and Mini Glaciers did not melt near fire.
November 28, 2016
- Fixed crash sometimes when Dragonfly is spawning Lavae.
- Fixed crash sometimes when Walls are destroyed by Weather Pain.
- Fixed crash sometimes when encountering Ewecus.
- Fixed bug where Traps did not save correctly if their contents perished.
- Fixed animation bug when mining Ancient Statues during Nightmare phase.
- Fixed Ensemble Reward emotes (/yawn, /sleepy) not appearing when completing more than one Ensemble.
- Fixed yawn animation glitches.
November 24, 2016 - Release Build: A New Reign, Part 2
- Look for the Rock Den to pick up your pet!
- Added the Bee Queen and her Grumble Bee guardians.
- Added Fences and Gates.
- Added growable Marble Shrubs.
- End Tables can now be decorated with fresh flower arrangements.
- Friendly Scarecrow can now be dressed up.
- Improved deploy action range to help with placing walls.
- Improved auto-attack targeting to help reduce unintentional target switching.
- Increased durability of Beekeeper Hat.
- Reduced attack range of Bees and Mosquitos.
- Increased Glowcap Blueprint drop rate to 33%.
- Optimizations for Mushtrees that are off-screen.
- Deployment placers are now hidden when the action is not available. (For example, switching to the Repair action when placing Walls.)
- Ice Flingomatic range indicator will now be visible to players while they are placing other structures or plants.
- Fixed bug where Batilisks would often appear momentarily whenever a Player exits the Caves during daytime.
- Fixed constant health loss sound when Wolfgang has health penalty after reviving.
- Fixed bugs causing Dragonfly to sometimes get stuck after sleeping.
- Fixed bug where Sporecaps can fail to grow even while Toadstool is channeling.
- Fixed bug where Toadstool Minimap icons near an Ocuvigil sometimes did not update.
- Toadstool will no longer target Hutch after all Players are dead.
- Fixed animation bug when holding a Lantern while groggy.
- Fixed save issue with burnt Salt Licks.
- Fixed bug in Wes’ mime animations while mounted.
- Fixed missing Snow animations on Mushroom Planters.
November 8, 2016
- Hallowed Nights has drawn to a close. Thanks for playing!
- Existing Candy and Hallowed Nights Trinkets will remain in-world, but Trinkets traded to the Pig King will return only one Gold Nugget from now on in place of additional Candy.
- Fixed missing animation when Wigrid refuses to eat while mounted.
October 25, 2016
- Fix crash caused by burnt Mushroom Planters.
- Moon Caller’s Staff now has a Polar Light while planted in the Moon Stone.
October 24, 2016
- Players can now perform actions such as refueling or repairing items in their inventory while mounted.
- Fixed log errors when reloading Worlds with Grass Gekkos that have lost their tails.
- Fixed crash when interacting with a burnt Potter’s Wheel.
- Fixed bug with Spacebar failing to target Sculptures with a Hammer.
- Fixed bug where multiple Toadstools may spawn from chopping a single Toadstool Cap.
- Fixed bug where Slurtles and Snurtles will steal food from each other.
- Fixed incorrect animations for Electric Darts.
- Memory optimizations.
October 21, 2016
- Added the Toadstool boss in the Caves.
- Added Rare Blueprints to Toadstool and Dragonfly loot tables.
- Added a craftable Scarecrow and a new species of bird.
- Lavae spawned by the Dragonfly will now automatically die after a certain time.
- Added a Moon Dial that shows the current moon phase.
- Added a Potter’s Wheel that can be used to sculpt various artistic objects as you find Sketches of them in the world.
- Added Mushroom farming.
- Added Fossil Fragments that can be found in the Caves and reconstructed.
- Fixed bug where followers would sometimes never stop following Players.
- Fixed bug where Player save data gets corrupted when holding too many Map Scrolls.
- Fixed audio bugs with Dragonfly.
- Fixed some cases where Dragonfly can get stuck while trying to spawn Lavae.
- Fixed bugs with changing clothes in the Wardrobe.
- Fixed loot from burnt Trees and Beehives.
October 18, 2016 - Release Build: A New Reign, Part 1
- Minimap data is now stored on the server.
- Minimap rendering performance improvements.
- Added new Minimap icons for tree stumps and burnt trees.
- Added new Minimap icons for Gold and Moonrock Boulders.
- Players can now locate each other on the Minimap if they both have a Compass equipped.
- Added several new magical items that can be crafted to globally mark a spot or reveal an area on the Minimap for everyone.
- Improved animations and effects for diseasing.
- Disease will now only target individual transplanted Saplings, Grass, and Berry Bushes, and spread slowly to nearby plants unless removed or destroyed.
- Disease is now rare and unpredictable, but there are warning signs that players can look out for before plants become diseased.
- Terrain will no longer provide any disease immunities.
- Disease and Petrification are now separately tunable in World customization options.
- Added new Marble and Moonrock themed set pieces with secrets to uncover.
- Added a new magical item, the Moon Caller’s Staff, which must be obtained through world events rather than crafting.
- Added a new craftable Cartographer’s Desk which unlocks a crafting station for creating Map Scrolls that can be shared with other players.
- Grass Gekkos will once again have a way to be introduced into your world over time even if they did not appear at Worldgen.
- Updated the visual patterns and textures for all Moonrock items.
- Updated Dwarf Star animations.
- Player Minimaps will now load properly when rejoining a server from a different machine.
- Caves Minimap is now properly cleared when a player dies in Wilderness mode.
October 3, 2016
- Maxwell’s Shadow Minions will now try to avoid explosives.
- Fixed bugs with Feather Hat behaviour when used by multiple players.
September 28, 2016
- Scaled Furnace can now be used to cook food.
- Maxwell’s Shadow Minions will now try to avoid explosives.
- Toadstool will become increasingly resistant to sleeping and freezing effects if they are applied repeatedly during battle.
- Toadstool will use its pound attack more and more frequently as time passes in the final phase of the battle.
- Fixed bug where Toadstool may sometimes start powering up again right after finishing.
September 27, 2016
- Fixed rare bug where Dragonfly loot could be lost if the server shuts down during the death animation.
- Bird Guano and Treeguards will now save their size properly.
- Fixed an issue with mods referencing an undeclared variable "prefab".
September 23, 2016
- Added mod compatibility check for betas.
- Spoiled ingredients in Crock Pots will now drop properly near the Crock Pot.
- Fixed bug where sanity indicator pulses sometimes did not trigger properly on clients.
- Fixed bugs with set piece chest spawns.
- Fixed crash when invalid strings are written on signs.
- Improved Chester’s ability to keep up with players.
- Abigail will no longer target entities that are immune to her aura.
- Fixed animation bug when throwing a Boomerang.
- Fixed Mushroom animation glitches on clients.
- Fixed bug where players could repeat actions in the dark.
- Telelocator Focus can no longer be placed too near the edge of the ground.
August 26, 2016
- Fixed crash on Collection screen when using a controller.
- Fixed bug with Telelocator Focus orientation when placed.
- Fixed audio bug with Ancient Altar.
- Burnt Twiggy Trees and Twiggy Tree Stumps will no longer drop twigs off-screen.
August 15, 2016
- Server listings will now indicate which servers are running on A New Reign beta branch.
Official Release (since April 21, 2016)
August 8, 2016
- Fixed crash sometimes when exiting the game.
August 3, 2016
- Movement prediction can now be toggled in the options screen.
- Improved controller targeting priority for items dropped under the spawn portal, as well as for ghosts trying to target the portal for resurrection in Endless mode.
- Improved controller targeting priority for opening gifts at Science Machines placed near walls.
- Haunted Spider Dens will no longer target Players or other Spider Dens.
- Fixed bug where tied votes may still pass.
- Fixed bug where haunting Twiggy Trees may trigger Treeguards to spawn.
- Fixed bug where Birchnut Tree Trunks did not spread fire while burning.
- Fixed bug where burnt Meat Effigies could still catch on fire.
- Clicking outside the Pause Menu will now close the window properly.
- Mod user commands with aliases should now load correctly.
July 11, 2016
- Fixed clothing graphical issue when wearing overalls on top of skirts.
- Votes will now pass by majority as long as there is a minimum of 3 “Yes” votes.
- Players kicked by voting will no longer be able to rejoin the server immediately. (This does not apply to Admin kicks, since the Admin can already choose to use timed or permanent bans instead.)
July 8, 2016
- Fixed some clothing texture seams and layering bugs.
- Fixed bug where Crafting tabs may not be updated correctly when spawning in right next to a Science Machine.
- Fixed bug where Torches and Lighters could unintentionally catch Wildfire, leaving them in a non-interactable state.
July 7, 2016
- Weather Pain now works properly on clients and can no longer target or damage other Players on a non-PvP server.
- Telelocator Staff can no longer target other Players on a non-PvP server.
- Creatures will now wander towards a Salt Lick when they need to use it.
- Fixed crash sometimes when a Player dies while jumping through a Wormhole.
July 5, 2016
- Beefalo saddles (all of them) now give a greater movespeed bonus.
- Upgraded all Klei Official dedicated servers.
- Fixed certain files from being incorrectly filtered out when installing mods.
- Fixed crash sometimes when haunting Twiggy Trees.
- Fixed bug where chopping Twiggy Trees would anger nearby Leifs.
July 4, 2016
- Fixed issue preventing world votes from starting properly and not being able to pass if anyone abstains.
- Fixed bug where Willow was taking health damage when extinguishing smoldering objects. (The short burning effects and speech should still be triggered.)
- Fixed bug where Science Machines sometimes stop animating even when Players are near.
- Fixed bug where Crafting tabs did not automatically update when picking up or dropping a backpack, or when receiving items directly into your backpack.
- Mod downloading now filters out more file types that aren’t needed by the mod.
- Client performance improvements.
- Dwarf Stars no longer get “wet”.
June 30, 2016
- Fixed issue causing clients to sometimes get stuck on a loading screen if the World resets while they are in the Caves.
- Fixed crash sometimes when a Player disconnects while a user command is being executed.
June 29, 2016
- /roll command expanded to roll multiple dice at once. Try '/roll 20' to roll a single 20-sided dice, or '/roll 3d6' to roll three 6-sided dice.
- Added sound effects for building Farms.
- Server performance improvements, as well as client Physics optimizations.
- Subscribed mods are now cached when downloaded, making unsubscribing and subscribing faster.
- Fix crash when a server with an old saveindex was missing its save files (i.e. they got deleted).
- Fixed unpacking of mods with invalid data from failing needlessly.
- Fixed crash sometimes on mods tabs that occurred when cleaning mods.
June 24, 2016
- Fixed bug where a Dwarf Star may never fade out in some rare cases.
- Fixed a crash in Mods screen.
- “/roll” command now accepts an optional [max] parameter.
- “c_announce” can now be used to send system messages to the chat area by specifying “system” as the category: e.g. c_announce(“This is a test!”, nil, “system”)
June 23, 2016
- Removed Summer and Winter Traps from Worldgen.
- Bernie will now activate for any Player who goes insane, and will no longer decay on the ground unless it is completely broken.
- Added sound FX for Salt Lick.
- Added new ‘/roll’ and ‘/emote’ user commands.
- Pasting text into DST is now supported on all platforms (Windows, Linux, and OSX).
- Fixed crash sometimes when a Player disconnects while opening a gift.
- Fixed UI compatibility issues with mods that add save slots.
- Beardlings and Beardlords will now appear properly for Players whose sanity drops below 40 percent (30 percent for Maxwell).
- Picking thorny Roses no longer triggers battle music.
June 20, 2016
- Fixed crash on clients connecting to some servers that have started a vote.
- Fixed a layering issue with Webber’s Shadow Body clothing piece.
- WX-78 will now gain slightly less Overcharge time for each subsequent lightning strike when Overcharge mode is already active.
- Minor fixes to speech strings.
- Fixed crash when reconnecting to some servers with mods that include sound files.
- Fixed some animation bugs with Diseased Twiggy Trees.
- Improved Farms and Ice Flingomatic placers to be more representative of their actual appearance.
- ‘/ban’ command now accepts an optional second parameter to specify duration for a timed ban.
- Added more properties and utility functions for customizing and modding Vote commands definitions.
- Added unique strings for players inspecting players who have recently lit a structure on fire.
June 15, 2016
- Fixed issue with failing to download Workshop mods when joining some servers.
- Fixed issue that caused a crash when using certain character mods.
- Fixed some performance issues caused by Farms.
- Fixed some animation bugs with Twiggy Trees.
- Fixed bug where Players may enter an invalid state when attempting to open a gift while mounted.
- Fixed rare crashes when loading in and out of games due to delayed network responses.
- Fixed crash sometimes when leaving the Server Actions window open.
- Vote buttons are now disabled when the minimum Player count requirements are not met.
- Keyboard action button (spacebar) will no longer auto-target deployed Tooth Traps and Bee Mines for picking up.
June 13, 2016
- Adjusted Beefalo Salt Lick priority so they anchor better.
- Tweaked default voting rules to be a bit stricter: requires a minimum of 3 votes and must be unanimous.
- Fixed crash in User Commands popup when the screen fades out.
- Fixed some animation timing and glitches with Twiggy Trees.
- Fixed an issue that causes a crash when using certain mods that add equip slots.
- Fixed some crashes caused by invalid RPCs.
- Fixed issues with keyboard and controller movement.
June 10, 2016
- Fixed crash when viewing the scoreboard on a dedicated server.
- New DST Steam Trading Cards! Collect 'em all! (Sorry, box tops are not accepted.)
- You know those sticks that start on the ground when your world has Twiggy trees? Now we know where they come from.
- New and improved vote system! From the Player Status Screen (tab key, right joystick), you'll now see a list of server admin actions. If the server allows voting (on by default for dedicated servers, configuration options here), then non-admin users will also see the list of admin actions in order to start a vote. Vote-kick on players is available by default on dedicated servers.
- New "Salt Lick" item in the Tools crafting menu helps keep your beefalo satisfied in your absence.
- Maxwell’s Shadow minions will no longer die instantly from falling debris during Earthquakes.
- Maxwell is refunded one nightmare fuel if he banishes a Shadow Minion under his control.
- Codex Umbra no longer decays when left on the ground.
- Books can now be used as fuel for Fire.
- Reduced the intensity of insanity audio/visual effects while playing as Maxwell.
- Added more action fail strings variety.
- Particles now properly fade out after their entity is destroyed.
- Fixed animation bugs when performing emotes while mounted.
- Fixed bug where Instrument or Book actions may sometimes fail when your inventory is full.
- Fixed bug where Wickerbottom’s penalty for eating spoiled food was not being applied properly.
- Fixed bug where a player’s minimap sometimes does not save correctly when entering and exiting Caves.
- Added proper controller bindings for Gift Popup screen.
- Fixed bug where Crock Pot action may fail on clients when a Hammer is equipped.
May 26, 2016
- Fixed bug with Unicode text input cursor position.
- Maxwell’s Shadow Minions no longer flee from Webber.
- Maxwell’s Shadow Minions no longer flee from passive Shadow Creatures.
- Using Deconstruction Staff on most structures will now also release their occupants.
- Fixed bug where Thermal Stones would break when left in an Ice Box over several season changes.
- Fixed bug where Player Ghosts would trigger Killer Bee Hives.
- Fixed bug where Birds could sometimes spawn at Night.
- Fixed bug where Beefalo could still be in Heat when Beefalo Mating Frequency is set to None in World Options.
- Fixed various animation bugs for mounted Beefalo.
- Fixed oversized hitbox on Campfires.
- Fixed several Controller issues on the Server Listing Screen.
May 20, 2016
- Burnt Spiky Bushes (found near Lava Ponds) will now turn to Ash when touched.
- Maxwell’s Shadow Minion workers will no longer chop Trees that are on fire.
- Fixed bug causing Shadow Minions to sometimes stop chopping or mining unexpectedly.
- Fixed animation bug with some Glove skins when viewed from the back.
May 19, 2016
- Maxwell’s Shadow Minion workers will now run away from monsters.
- Inspecting Player Skeletons when using a controller will now properly display character details.
- Fixed missing tufts of hair when viewing normal or wimpy Wolfgang from the back.
- Fixed bugs with some UI buttons failing to launch a Web Browser when the user has disabled Steam Overlay
- Fixed bug causing clients to sometimes appear to start one clock segment ahead of the server when entering a new or empty World.
- Typo fixes in character speech strings.
May 17, 2016
- “A New Reign” Intro Cinematic can now be accessed from the Theater button on the Main Menu screen.
- Muted players will now be remembered when travelling between Forest and Caves.
- Chester should no longer accidentally appear in Caves (after World is regenerated).
- The "Autumn or Spring" and "Winter or Summer" season starts are appearing correctly once again.
- Fixed some bugs causing entities on clients to sometimes appear to bounce or slide around.
- Fixed bug where Haunt action would show up incorrectly on Ancient Guardian.
- Fixed bug with depth sorting of MiniMap icons that are outside of the Player’s visible area.
May 13, 2016
- Fix client crash sometimes during server reset or regeneration
- Fixed bug where Wolfgang’s Mightiness speed was being applied while mounted.
- Fixed animation bug when putting a Whirly Fan away.
- Fixed some crashes that can happen on clients during a server world reset or regeneration.
May 12, 2016
- Beefalo have a sweet new replacement for that walking-cane-while-riding bug.
- Emergency mode Flingomatic will now detect burnt Saplings and Grass even if they have already been picked.
- Fixed layering and orientation bugs with effects and particles rendering.
- Beefalo expressions change as soon as they start getting a tendency now (but they still don't get bonuses 'til you domesticate them, so back to work!)
- Odd little outcroppings of land no longer occur on new worlds.
- Beefalo wake up correctly if you try riding them.
- Beefalo no longer get move speed and attack bonuses from their rider.
May 11, 2016
- Fixed bugs in character speech strings.
- Fixed bug where character specific combat damage multipliers were still applied while mounted.
- Fixed bug where light from mounted glowing Beefalo could not be seen by all clients.
- Fixed animation glitch in Kiss emote.
- Fixed crash sometimes for clients who are connected when a server is reset or regenerated.
- Added a simple error message when customcommands.lua fails to load.
May 9, 2016
- Additional updates to character speech strings.
- Beefalo tendency expressions will now update properly without needing to reload the game.
- Spiders will now play their eating animation when fed by Players.
- Fixed bug where sometimes creatures could be found sleeping through Dusk when they are expected to be awake.
- Fixed excessive forehead wrinkles for Guest of Honor Maxwell’s emotes.
- Fixed bugs with the “New” label displaying incorrectly on skinnable items in the crafting menu.
- Using c_give for non inventory items will no longer result in lag on Dedicated Servers.
May 6, 2016
- Added more sound effects for building things.
- Additional updates to character speech strings.
- Fixed crash when Mod characters did not provide certain character description strings.
- Fixed bug with Traps and Bird Traps loading incorrectly if they were saved while sprung.
- Burning crops that are not harvestable yet will now yield Toasted Seeds.
- Forced auto-attack (CTRL+F) will no longer target player pets in non-PVP games, unless they are already attacking you for some reason. (They can still be force targeted by using CTRL +Click.)
- Player entries can now be removed from the Encounters screen.
- Fixed crash due to bad Mod state in the Host Game screen.
- Fixed issue where the Collection screen could incorrectly show details for an item you no longer own.
May 5, 2016
- Added new announcements for kicking and banning players.
- Additional updates to character speech strings.
- Fixed crash when Wickerbottom inspects Wendy’s ghost.
- Fixed bug with Poison Birchnut Trees not reverting back to normal properly.
May 4, 2016
- Spiders and Frogs will now stop moving when caught by Traps.
- Added more sound effects for building and planting things.
- Added even more variety and improvements to character speech strings.
- Increased amount of Nitre obtained from Petrified Trees.
- Fixed hair animation glitch when mounting and dismounting Beefalo while wearing a hat.
- Fixed missing talk animation on clients when Shave action fails.
- Fixed bug where haunted Werepigs could get stuck in panic mode.
- Fixed bounding box for Juicy Berry Bushes.
- Fixed missing snow during some Berry Bush animations.
- Fixed missing World Gen details for some servers in the Server Listing screen.
- Fixed Woodie’s nose layering and texture seams.
- Crafting Fire Pits will now properly remember last used skin.
- Fixed bug with Redeem button not hiding properly when offline.
- Fixed bug with “New Item” labels sometimes showing up incorrectly.
- Additional updates to character speech strings.
- Waking disobedient Beefalos by trying to mount them no longer gets them stuck in a “sleepwalking” state.
- Pig House windows will light up properly in the dark.
- Fixed animation and tinting bugs with trees when they are haunted or chopped down.
- Fixed controller focus in Player History screen.
- Fixed scroll bar layout in Ban tab of Server Creation screen
- Fixed Evergreen Tree animations when chopped down.
April 28, 2016
- Bernie will now attract all nearby Shadow Creatures (instead of just one at a time) when activated.
- Maxwell’s Shadow Minions will now tend to finish working on one target before moving onto the next.
- Added more variety and improvements to character speech strings.
- Pig Man and Bunnyman speech can now be seen on clients.
- Players’ cold breath can now be seen on clients.
- Penguin Nests now respect the Ice Boulder world customization setting.
- Fixed bug with timing of Shadow Digger’s action animation.
- Fixed bug where Thulecite Clubs never spawned any Shadow Tentacles.
- Fixed dislocated shoulder animation glitch when mounting Beefalo.
- Fixed hair animation glitch when jumping into Worm Holes while wearing a hat.
- Fixed animation glitch when Werepigs transform back to Guard Pigs.
- Fixed bug with orientation of buildings that are off-screen when camera is rotated.
- Fixed Twiggy Tree Saplings appearing when Twiggy Trees were not supposed to be in the world. (Only affects new worlds.)
- Fixed bug where old snapshots would sometimes appear in the Rollback tab even after a save slot has been deleted.
- Fixed bug where Crafting menu sometimes closes before you can select skin variations on certain window sizes and resolutions.
April 25, 2016
- Whip special effects no longer affect Shadow Creatures or Shadow Minions.
- Resource variants will no longer visibly pop into the world on a Player’s screen.
- Fixed a bug where the Extinguish action could be performed incorrectly on an equipped Torch.
- Fixed bugs with mouseover highlighting on burnt or frozen objects.
- Fixed incorrect hit sound FX for Shadow Minions
April 22, 2016
- Shadow Diggers no longer destroy items dug from Graves.
- Fixed death announcement when killed by Maxwell’s Shadows.
- Portal and Codex Umbra sound effects are now properly controlled by Sound FX volume.
- Fix crash if game_mode is not set correctly for dedicated servers.
- Fixed flame effect positioning on Firepits.
- Resource Variants are now linked to their primary resource world gen population spinners (eg: Grass Gekkos are now linked to Grass).
- Fixed bug with missing Grass in Pig Guard set piece.
- Fixed missing text and improved animation for the Thank You popup.
- Fixed bug with mismatching clothing/character load outs on the Main Screen.
- Improved Main Screen Portal animation.
- Crash fix
Open Beta (since December 15, 2014)
April 21, 2016
- Maxwell the master of puppets has finally made his appearance
- Maxwell Guest of Honor and Survivor heads and clothing items have been added
- New craftable Firepit cosmetics have been added
- Various frontend improvements
- Code redemption dialog added to the main menu
- Servers now include their Steam interface language in their tags so that users can search for servers of a specific language
- Dedicated servers can set their language tag in the MISC section of their cluster.ini with the option “language_code” (See data/scripts/languages/server_language_strings.lua for a list of available language codes)
- Fixed One Man Band animations while mounted
- Fixed particle buffers from selecting incorrect texture frames
- Fixed Wolfgang’s torso symbol sorting when wearing a shirt in his mighty form
- Fixed Wendy’s torso symbol sorting when wearing pants
- Fixed Wilson’s base clothing from getting tucked into skirts awkwardly
- Fixed font issues on translation mods popup
April 20, 2016
- Default for "Changing Resources" has been changed to "none", so in a default world, the starting selection of Alternate Resources will remain for the whole game.
- Fixed berry bushes missing from near goose/moose nests.
- Starting Resources world customization now works when set to "classic".
- Frozen Beefalo can no longer be mounted.
- Juicy Berries can now be added to the Crock Pot.
- Fixed rare crash when loading a world with burnt Twiggy Trees.
April 19, 2016
- Fixed crash with existing worlds from before the update
- Inspecting Player Skeletons will now display details about their character from just before their death (Only applies to new skeletons spawned after the update)
- Type /bug in chat or press the new button in the Pause Menu to quickly get to the Bug Forums
- If you ever end up in the ocean for some reason, type /rescue in chat to teleport yourself back onto land
- Added the Resource Variant system (for newly generated worlds) that adds random variety to the world:
- - New Grass variant: Grass Gekko
- - New Twig variant: Twiggy Tree
- - New Berry Bush variant: Juicy Berry Bush
- - New Rock variant: Petrified Tree
- Character portraits are now dynamically loaded to save memory
- Credits screen animations are now dynamically loaded to save memory
- Fixed bug where rain sounds under tree cover were not being affected by Ambient volume setting
- Fixed bug with selecting clothing options in the Lobby screen when the sim is paused
- Fixed crash when loading some mods on the Server Creation screen
April 12, 2016
- Players can no longer deploy or build objects directly under the Portal
- Cave Entrances will no longer be placed near Dragonfly (This will only take effect for newly generated worlds)
- Fixed bug where Forest and Cave Touch Stones were not being tracked separately
- Burnt Meat Effigies no longer resurrect anyone
- Fixed bug where Top Mods were not showing up in the Mods tab of the Server Creation screen
- Fixed bug where Trade Inn was sometimes not working correctly when some language mods were being used
April 7, 2016
- Increased War Saddle attack bonus from 15 to 16.
- Beefalo get a stomach cramp if you feed them bad food.
- Magiluminescence can now be refueled with Nightmare Fuel.
- Updates to worldgen data that affect worldgen mods. As well, modded game modes can now specify a level type. Please see this thread for details.
- Worldgenoverride.lua format has changed a bit. It should be fully backwards compatible, but for more info read this thread.
- Players with their Steam UI language set to other languages now are prompted if they would like to view translation mods for their language.
- Autumn night colour cube adjusted to retain some brighter reds.
- Fixed various HUD scaling and positioning bugs.
- Fixed bug where sanity ambient sound could not be heard by clients.
- Fixed bug with rain ambient sounds when walking in and out of tree cover.
- Fixed bug where Pig Men were never refusing food from Players.
- Fixed missing snow symbols in Shadow Manipulator animations.
- Fixed emote and shock effects layering and positions for standing and mounted animations.
- Beefalo play the correct death animation if you kill them via food.
- Beefalo orneriness actually increases while attacking now.
- Magiluminescence light can now be seen by all clients.
- Crafting tabs will now always indicated with a blue highlight if you have a structure built but not placed yet.
- Fixed bug where torch fx were getting culled too soon.
Fixed OSX build
Fixed missing in-game music Fixed crash when upgrading save data for some people
Fixed missing Credits screen music Fixed another crash when upgrading save data for some people
April 8, 2016
- Fixed crash when loading some custom presets.
- Fixed missing server tag for Caves servers.
- Correct server config options are loaded when custom presets are loaded in the front end.
March 17, 2016
- Fixed bug with Red and Blue Hounds appearing as regular Hounds
- Changed Survivor Webber’s quote slightly
- Haunting a Book no longer has any effect
- Beefalo weren't playing their cute begging animation when they should
- Fix controller crash in Trade Screen
- Fix rare crash when loading Domesticated Beefalo
- Fix rare crash when Ruins Relics are smashed near Abigail’s Flower
- Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep!
- Survivor item collection added, including new character heads and new craftable items
- Seasonal audio filtering has been re-added. Muffled winters and crisp summers are back!
- Haunting a Book now has a chance to transform it into a different book instead of triggering its effects
- Lots of work on the Beefalo Domestication system: new animations for feedback, simplified some mechanics, added Brush and Saddlehorn items to help with the domestication process, and the final locked-in domestication step actually happens now!
- Increased Whip durability
- Added a new storage companion for the Caves (Note: available after you regenerate a new world)
- Fixed a bug where custom Cave presets made from other custom presets could get stuck while generating a world
- Fixed crash with mod downloading while in the Mods Screen
- Fixed crash caused by corrupted player history file
March 9, 2016
- Fixed bug with Wolfgang's health loading incorrectly when traveling to and from Caves
- Fixed layering issues with HUD popups when Pause Screen is open
March 8, 2016
- Fixed Controller Crash
- The Trade Inn is now accessible from the Collection screen. Players can trade in their collection items and receive an item of higher rarity.
- Server listings will now include World Gen details for Caves
- Creatures following a player leader are now friendly to other players unless provoked
- Touch Stones will now regenerate after a very short time, and each Touch Stone is usable once per player
- As a player ghost, you will be able to see Touch Stones glow if they are still active for you personally
- Birds occasionally drop some Flint for fresh players who join into an existing world
- Re-tuned the Booster Shot recipe and added examination text for each character
- In Survival mode, players now gain some resistance to ghost sanity drain when there are more players alive than dead
- Using a controller to repair or refuel another item will no longer close the Controller Inventory screen automatically
- In Controller Inventory, you can now hold the Get Half button and press the Drop button to drop a single item from a stack
- Fixed crash when a player disconnects while being targeted by a Depths Worm
- Fixed Wendy and Wickerbottom clothing bug where they’d be missing part of their torso
- Cave Entrances are now generated into the world when "Classic" biomes are selected
- Fixed animation issues with characters on mainscreen
- Fixed issues with randomization in the Ancient Pseudoscience Station
- Fixed error popup not showing properly when a single-level server fails to start
- Fixed bug with number of Krampii not scaling properly after day 100
- Fixed bug where Wolfgang gains health every time he travels through a Sinkhole
- Fixed crash sometimes when placing a Snurtle Shell Armour into a Backpack
February 19, 2016
- A world with no Caves will always start as a single-process server and allocate resources accordingly
- Hosts can use all server-side console commands on single-process servers
- To add Caves in the Server Creation screen, select the “World” tab and click on the “Add Caves” button
- Fixed bug with the max_snapshots setting not working as intended for multi-process servers
- Fixed bug with custom world presets not working properly for multi-process servers
February 12, 2016
- Players will no longer be disconnected for being idle on their own hosted server
- Added an option for enabling and disabling Multi-Leveled Worlds hosting
- Fixed missing file in Linux dedicated server package
- Fixed missing icons and title on Mac clients
- You have separate save slots when Multi-Leveled Worlds option is enabled or disabled
- When Multi-Leveled Worlds is disabled, you can host a standalone Forest or Cave only server and use all console commands
February 11, 2016
- Player hosted servers now include Caves without needing to setup dedicated servers
- Dedicated server configurations have been updated to improve cluster and shard definitions
- "Trade Inn Preview" branch is now available! (Build: 165915)
February 5, 2016
- The Lunar Collection items are now available: includes a fiery new elegant backpack, distinguished loungewear, spiffy robes, and classy cardigans
- GetModRPC and GetModRPCHandler functions added to the mod environment
- Loadout screen correctly uses the screen stack now
- Fixed missing sound effects when mining rocks on the client
January 27, 2016
- Moose Goose will now defend Moslings that are being attacked by Frogs
- Added support for legs clothing to be tucked or untucked depending on pant and shoe cuff size
- Batilisks will no longer spawn out of inactive Sinkholes
- Fixed bug where Ancient Statues may drop the wrong coloured gem when mined after a server is loaded back up from a save file
- Fixed bug where stack size was not preserved when objects are transformed by haunting
- Fixed bug where creatures that consumed entire stacks of food at once did not receive the full effects of the entire stack
- Fixed bug where Deconstruction Staff did not work on objects, like the Lantern or Miner Hat, if they ran out of fuel
- Fixed various player animation bugs
- Fixed bug with Rundown Houses not saving burnt state
- Fixed bug where burnt Pig Houses and Rabbit Hutches would spawn a Pig Man or Bunnyman after reloading the save file
January 21, 2016
- Cave Spiders will no longer target monsters or Webber
- Increased Varg health as intended for multiplayer balancing
- Improved player animation loop while using a Wardrobe
- Fixed bug related to player profile saving default base skin selection incorrectly
- Fixed bug when playing as random character your clothing was reset
- Fixed bug when playing as random character and ending up as invisible Werebeaver
- Fixed animation bug with certain eating animations for player characters
- Fixed animation bug when attacking with Wendy and Wigfrid
- Fixed bug where banning by user ID did not save if the player was not on the server at that time
- Fixed bug with in game announcements not logging properly
- Fixed issue where some mods with bad modinfo files could result in other mods failing to load as well
January 20, 2016
- Killing creatures by feeding them harmful food is now considered Murder!
- Campfires are no longer indestructible
- Clock now shows the world day by default, and your personal days survived when you mouse over it
- Fixed bug in dig and groggy animations
- Fixed bug where Gobbler can sometimes become homeless after a server is reloaded
- Fixed bug where you fail to receive loot when killing creatures in your inventory by feeding them harmful food
- Fixed bug with decayed Backpack skins not showing up properly when entering and exiting Caves
- Fixed bug with Slurpers not loading properly if saved while equipped
- Fixed bug with player profile where the default for the base slot was not saved correctly
January 15, 2016
- Improved logging for server admins (additional info below)
- Fixed bug causing players to sometimes reset to default skins after a server is shutdown and then started back up
- Fixed bug where Fire Staves could incorrectly target Night Lights, resulting in a crash since they do not provide the correct Nightmare Fuel
- Use command line parameter -backup_logs to backup before overwriting log files at startup
- - log.txt -> backup\log\log_yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm.txt
- - chat_log.txt -> backup\chat_log\chat_log-yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm.txt
- Windows console output code page is set to UTF-8, however you will need to switch it to a fixed width TrueType font (e.g. Lucida Console) in order to take full advantage of this
January 5, 2016
- Updated item and gifting server to support previously unreachable regions of the world.
- Improved server listing download speed for regions of the world that were previously experiencing extreme delays.
- Unicode text via IME keyboard layouts is working
- Fixed missing death animation for Baby Beefalo
- Fixed rare crash when the Whip’s special effect is activated
December 23, 2015
- Character customization and gifting system is live. The cavesbeta Steam beta branch is no longer required to get items gifted to you.
- Beefalo riding and taming has been added.
- Tail o’ Three Cats has now been added as a weapon to the Fight recipe section.
- Unicode Chat Support is in!
- Changing your system’s keyboard language will now work in all text fields
- Localization Mods:
- There may be some conflict with this change and mods that were emulating this on their own. Those mods will need updating (sorry).
- Notes for Modders:
- If you were doing any utf8/unicode processing in your mod to support localized keyboard input, you should be able to remove it. This is supported by the engine now.
- The calls to TextEdit:SetCharacterFilter() have been removed from most screens, except in places where we require very specific input. Note: The current usage of the filter does not work well with utf8.
- All previous updates to the cavesbeta branch are now rolled into the live default branch.
- Fixed rare crash when a server loses connection to Steam
- Fixed crash when killing Fire Hounds with an Ice Staff equipped and using a controller
December 7, 2015
- World saves and snapshots are now synchronized across all servers in a cluster
- In-game rollbacks (using c_rollback) are now synchronized across all servers in a cluster
- Carrots are now hauntable! (Doesn’t do anything though…)
- Added support for displaying Unicode strings in UTF-8 format
- Some Unicode server names may show up as blank text
- Chatting with Unicode characters is not supported yet
November 30, 2015
- Wolfgang’s morphing is no longer suspended while sleeping in a Bedroll
- Fixed bug where Buzzard spawners and shadows were blocking placement
- Fixed bug where Boomerangs do not return if target flies away
- Fixed crash sometimes when Abigail protects Wendy from a Slurper attack
- Fixed rare crash when Bearger destroys certain entities
- Fixed MacTusk’s poor aim
November 27, 2015
- Players will now get hurt by their own Boomerangs if they fail to catch them even on non-PvP servers
- Abigail and Extra-Adorable Lavae will now spawn next to the player when migrating to and from Caves
- Updated the localization file strings.pot (This can also be done locally by following the instructions near the end of \data\scripts\createstringspo.lua)
- Fixed bug where Boomerangs would sometimes fail to damage their target on contact
- Fixed crash when a player disconnects during a Dragonfly fight
- Fixed crash when a player dies while being teleported
- Fixed crash sometimes when a player disconnects while being attacked by a Splumonkey
November 26, 2015
- Flying creatures will no longer trigger Bee Mines and Tooth Traps
- Relics will now turn into Broken Relics when they are being smashed, which can be repaired by players
- Fixed crash when a player disconnects while being harassed by a Splumonkey
- Fixed crash when a player disconnects while travelling through a Wormhole
- Fixed crash when a player disconnects while repairing Broken clockworks
- Fixed bug where players sometimes slide along the ground when picking Tumbleweeds
November 25, 2015
- Fix crash when nightmare monkeys load
- Earthquake debris will now be removed if they fall outside the map
- Fixed bug where Tumbleweeds may no longer spawn if too many fall into the ocean
- Creatures that morph when haunted will no longer become homeless
- Chat logs will now record properly on dedicated servers even when one of the shards is empty
- Nightvision will now end properly when you drop your Moggles upon death
- Muffled sounds will now end properly when you drop your Slurper upon death
- Controller ground targeting will now end properly when you drop your equipment upon death
- Fixed bug where “Herd” entities (invisible to the player) were blocking placement
- Fixed sound effects when smashing Relics found in the Ruins
- Fixed crash when smashing Relics with certain weapons
- Fixed crash when smashing Relics near Abigail’s Flower
- Fixed rare crash when a Splumonkey tries to steal your items
November 23, 2015
- Fixed bug where Tumbleweeds may no longer spawn if they were burnt
- Fixed bug where Ghosts may no longer spawn from Graves at all after a while
- Splumonkeys will now properly save Nightmare states
- c_listplayers() will now work correctly in dedicated server console windows even when there are no players on that shard.
- Server browser should show correct world settings again. (Only applies to up-to-date servers.)
- "frogs" world customization didn't do anything, renamed it "ponds" and now it controls ponds.
- "spiders" and "ponds" world customization have been split into "spiders"/"cave_spiders" and "ponds"/"cave_ponds" to prevent the wrong prefabs from spawning in the wrong places.
- Fixed crash from preset spinner after making custom preset.
November 20, 2015
- Mushtrees will now burn down and drop loot instead of disappearing when loaded from a burning state
- Can now control worldgenoverrides for caves creatures and objects.
- Fixed crash when digging up “Totally Normal Tree” stumps
- Fixed a bug in saving Tumbleweeds
- Fixed crash when viewing world for other servers.
November 19, 2015
- Added an official Steam Controller configuration
- - To access this, open Steam in Big Picture Mode with a steam controller attached. Select Don’t Starve Together -> Configure Controller -> Browse Configs. Then select the official configuration in the Recommended section. Enjoy.
- - The configuration maps the Steam Controller to the same layout as the XBox controller, plus using the paddle buttons as mouse wheel up and down.
- - If you would like to change the layout of the controller, it is recommend to use the official configuration and use the Don’t Starve Together options menu.
- Improved mod caching functionality. Mods are now cached during the updating as well as when temporarily downloading them on joining servers.
- The mod version_compatible specified in the mods modinfo.lua, will now allow clients to run the latest mod from the Workshop and the server be on an older version if the modder has setup the mod to be compatible between the two versions. This can be used to reduce the need for hosts/servers to be restarted with the latest version of the mod.
- Fixed a bug in saving combat components
- Fixed a bug in saving Moose nesting grounds
- Fixed crash when digging up Spiky Trees and Bushes
- Fixed crash when exiting caves from a different portal than the one you entered from
- Fixed crash when picking up a depleted Trap
November 18, 2015 - Integration of Caves Beta
- Now, you can have worlds consisting of more than one layer! One of those layers is the Caves preset, full of spelunking goodness.
- However, caves currently can only be hosted on dedicated servers. Thankfully, we've made an option to launch an Overworld and Caves dedicated server with almost no configuration. Preconfigured Server instructions can be found here.
- If you'd rather configure the dedicated servers yourself: Detailed dedicated server instructions can be found here.
- Caves look a little different than in Don't Starve. The layout is different, mushroom forests abound, and the sinkholes have gotten much larger.
- As well, the ruins have found their way up to the same level as the caves. So be warned as you are wandering around in the dark! You might just find yourself in a nightmare…
- Many items and objects in the game have undergone some tweaks and changes, especially things found in the caves. So pay attention!
- As well, dozens of existing bugs have been fixed! Yay! But we probably added lots of new ones too. That's how it goes!
Some other things to be aware of
- Now when you make a server you pick an "intention" for it. This is to help players joining your server for the first time understand what kind of gameplay you're expecting on your server.
- If a direct connection can't be established to a server, the game can use NAT Traversal. This means it's easier to set up a server, with no need to mess with router settings.
- Official Steam Controller support is in, and several small tweaks and improvements to controllers have been made.
- There is now a dedicated server for OSX. This is especially important so that Mac users can run their own caves.
Caves Beta (since September 17, 2015)
November 18, 2015
- You can now dress your character when using a controller (in all places where you can dress your character). The controller also works for navigating your inventory on the collection screen.
- Glow Berry effects will now save and load properly for both players and creatures
- Player ghosts and WX-78 overcharge will now cancel Glow Berry effects
- Fixed bugs with player and ghost state transitions when targeted by a Telelocator Staff
- Fixed binding the left joystick
- Corrected canceling controller changes
November 16, 2015
- Telestaff now moves the world closer to rain, instead of immediately causing rain.
- Reduced network data for various light emitting entities
- Pressing in on the left thumb stick with controllers (L3) will now bring up the chat screen.
- This can be changed in the controller settings screen
- If you are using Steam Big Picture, you can bring up Steam’s virtual keyboard to enter text.
- Controller buttons can now be unbound in the options screen
- Can no longer convert an "online" save to an "offline" save from the server creation screen. This will prevent your character progress from getting lost if you happen to have steam connectivity problems.
- Inventory shows item name when using controller on client
- Slurper lighting and sound effects can now be seen and heard by all clients when attached to a player’s head
November 13, 2015
- Added a mod info flag for backwards compatibility. If you specify version_compatible in modinfo.lua, you can update the mod to a new version, but versions of your mod as old as the value specified in version_compatible will be able to join the server without downloading the latest version.
- Moving will automatically take you out of hiding in Snurtle Shell Armour
- Talking will no longer take you out of hiding in Snurtle Shell Armour
- Reduced network data for Cave Lights
- Added an "any" playstyle option when browsing servers, plus icons next to server names so you can tell the style in a mixed list.
- Crash when haunting a spider hole
- Crash when haunting a cave worm
- Fixed crash on clients sometimes when encountering a Birchnut Tree Monster
- Unequipping the Bush Hat right after activating it no longer makes you invisible
- Moggles will now trigger night vision properly when equipped/unequipped directly on the inventory slot
- Fixed bug where the damage overlay sometimes does not go away
- No more rooks in the broken altar set pieces (snuck out last release!)
- Spores no longer refill their freshness on load (snuck out last release!)
- Steam profile will not pop up while chatting in the in the lobby screen
- Clicking to edit text boxes on OSX and Linux works again
November 10, 2015
- Added a new “server intention” filter to server listings.
- World regeneration is now synchronized across all servers in a cluster.
- Players are now returned to the master server’s lobby if they despawn in Wilderness mode or via console commands.
- Players are now returned to the master server’s lobby after a world is regenerated.
- Fix crash when haunting spider hole.
- Fixed bug where Woodie loading in Werebeaver mode would be invisible.
- Fixed a bug where some servers would not show when friends were playing on them.
- Season and Game mode filters will now work properly for LAN server listings.
November 6, 2015
- The rest of the stuff in the caves is hauntable.
- More collection items have been added.
- Survival mode sanity drain will now check for ghosts on all shards
- Occasional crash when moving inventory items around.
November 2, 2015
- Some creatures will panic if their homes are on fire.
- Nightmaremonkeys now attack properly.
- Creatures -- including bees -- should no longer re-enter their homes when they are on fire.
- Fixed some connectivity issues with offline dedicated servers.
- Player joined announcements will now show up for players connecting directly into caves from a previous session.
- Kick and ban commands will now work properly across shards.
- Thanks to the illuminating power of literacy, Applied Horticulture no longer grows withered plants in the dark.
- Cave lights will no longer block placement.
- Skin announcements will now show up for players on all shards.
- Fixed crash when regenerating a caves world.
October 30, 2015
- “-lan” has been replaced with “-offline”
- The player listing screen will now include players across all shards.
- Chat can now be heard by players on all shards.
- Announcements for joining and leaving now happen when players connect and disconnect from a server cluster, and not during migrations between the overworld and caves.
- Flowers leave a withered flower if they die due to lack of natural light
- Farms wither if they don't get enough natural light
- Starcaller star counts as a natural source of light, and is significantly improved.
- Updated Message of the Day URL.
- Added mod function GetModRPCHandler to access mod RPC handlers after they've been set.
- Gunpowder and other explosions play sound correctly on clients
- Miner hats once again offer some rain protection
- Fixed crash when monkeys are flinging poop
- Pigs once again leave their houses at dawn
- Moles once again desire to eat nummy rocks
- Fixed crash in worldgen in a caves boon
- Fixed bug where mod RPC name could conflict with prefab name causing mod characters to spawn as Wilson. Note: mod character names should be all lower case.
October 22, 2015
- Beeboxes only make honey if there is a flower nearby. (Better cave behaviour!)
- Beeboxes and bees beehave properly underground.
- One more try at making pigmen behave properly at dusk and underground.
- Pighouses work underground.
- Moles have better underground behaviour.
- Flowers can not be planted on rocky grounds
- There is now a controller button for opening an item gift. Also, when choosing “wear now”, the confirm/reset/cancel buttons work with the controller. (The same applies to the wardrobe, although choosing an outfit still doesn’t work with the controller.)
- Updated gifting debug logs to reduce misinterpretation.
- Crash when rain was set to "Lots"/"always"
- MISSING_NAME objects in the ruins
- Colour tinting issues when using molehat in the ruins.
- Fix several typos in character speech.
- Slurtles weren't emerging after a quake.
October 21, 2015
- Portals automatically relink on world connect by default
- Self inspect button now has character specific portraits
- New tags on fancy backpacks show up if you have received the item since the last time you made a backpack
- New artwork for new tags on items in wardrobe and crafting menu
- Players will be disconnected from online servers after a long period of inactivity so AFK ghosts will no longer hold server slots.
- Automatic token renewal should prevent token errors
- Ensure a multiplayer portal is always added by worldgen
- Fixed crash on character select screen
- Self inspection screen scales properly when HUD size is changed
- Fixed a bug where Steam’s NAT traversal was being used in some situations where it was not necessary.
October 16, 2015
- Did "multiplayer health tuning" for caves creatures -- and also ROG creatures!
- Updated message of the day ui to support images.
- Dedicated servers should now be reachable via Steam’s NAT traversal system without needing to manually open ports.
- Gunpowder now correctly causes earthquakes.
- Pigs behave more naturally at dusk.
- Fixed several crashes related to the server creation screen and worldgen.
- Fixed a bug causing hash string lookup to run out of space.
October 15, 2015
- NAT Traversal for dedicated servers.
- If you click "wear now" in the gift popup, the new item is selected by default.
- The wardrobe defaults to the clothes on your character, rather than those from your profile.
- Monkeys don't trigger tooth traps.
- Monkeys can steal a trap even if they get hit by it.
- Monkeys not changing into nightmaremonkeys.
- Construction amulet gets used up twice as fast as it should.
- Tweaks to collection screen and gift popup art.
- Removed gifting debug data from dedicated servers.
- Fixed crash writing on blank signs
October 8, 2015
- All daylight-loving creatures should sleep appropriately while underground: They have a normal cycle, but only if they're in the light, otherwise the fall asleep.
- First set of clothing drops added to the caves beta for testing.
- Slaves were not pausing if they couldn't connect to the master, even if pause_when_empty was set.
- OSX dedicated server actually available from steam on the cavesbeta branch (including anonymous login through steamcmd).
- On clients, you may receive a clothing drop, but not get the "gift" tab in-game. Next time you log in to the game you will be presented with the item, though...
- If you happen to be peeking at the logs, you'll see lots of messages about getting items, this message is misleading and these don't actually mean you're getting items.
October 6, 2015
- Sharded servers add "caves" tag to their server listing tags, for easier searching.
- Caves preset no longer available from front-end.
- Cave entrances no longer spawn in worlds generated from front-end.
- Splumonkeys can no longer throw poop while sleeping.
- Koalefants wake correctly for clients.
- Hide mod warning popup while migrating.
October 2, 2015
- Caves contain boons and touchstones
- Mushtrees and lightplants have been added to world regrowth, and will repopulate over time.
- OSX DEDICATED SERVER. If you or someone you know can help test this out, please give it a go and let us know if you find any issues!
- Clockwork followers won't attack other players unless their leader attacks that player. (PVP rules for clockworks, basically.)
- Worlds and caves spawning without 10 entrances/exits. (If you still go through an exit in a newly generated world and end up at the portal, let me know)
- Miner hat stuck at 1% durability
September 30, 2015
- Crash when repairing the broken altar
- Crash when you get near a bat cave
- Missing tentacle pillar strings
- Nightmare creatures sometimes untargetable
- Blue spores get way too dense and cause lag
September 29, 2015 - Addition of Ruins
- Fixed server listing player count for offline servers
- Master server will now refuse connection from slaves with mismatching online mode
- LAN only master servers will now only accept slave connections on the same LAN
- LAN only setting on master server will now work properly across the entire cluster
- No objects appearing in the maze
- Boons missing from overworld worldgen
September 23, 2015
- Various speech errors
- The "have save on server" icon doesn't work correctly with shards
- No earthquake sounds on client
- Can pick up spores without using a bugnet
- Glow berry effect lags behind the player
- Worms attacks too difficult/unfair
- Bunnymen sanity auras are messed up
- Crash if you release a butterfly in the caves
- Cave entrances plugged when you come out of them
- Require extra slots to successfully migrate to master server
- Ghosts can no longer use wormholes
- Various inconsistencies caused by having different game modes on slave/master: Now they must be on the same game mode.
September 18, 2015
- Can shovel a mushtree stump twice
- Mushtrees spawn spores after they've been chopped
- Chopped mushtrees accidentally regrowing
- Minimaps not saving correctly on migrate
- Items disappearing from inventory during earthquake
- Crash in pottedfern
- Master paused when empty when shards are not empty
- Dozap crash in overworld when lighting strikes
September 1, 2015
- Fixed bug where LAN only servers were not accepting connections on Unix systems (Mac OSX and Linux)
- Fixed bug where whispered messages were showing up in Lobby chat
- Fixed bug where controllers could not plant butterflies
- Fixed bug where client’s inventory may not behave correctly when the host is using a controller
- Fixed bug where Moon Phase sometimes did not save correctly
August 24, 2015
- Fixed bug where mod config option hover text was blocking mod configurations from being changed.
- Fixed Windows XP crash on boot.
- Fixed dedicated servers from failing to download mods.
August 21, 2015
- Temporarily disabled mod config option hover text as it was currently breaking mod configurations from being changed.
- Fixed issue where dedicated servers were sending the incorrect temp mod configurations to clients.
- Fixed bug where offline servers could not be discovered via LAN
- Fixed some connection issues when joining an online server discovered on your LAN
August 20, 2015
- Fixed bug with crash logging
- Added back an empty Health:RecalculatePenalty() function so existing mods do not crash. (This call has been deprecated with our new health penalty system.)
- Made enemy-vs-player stunlocking more configurable. Wasps and bees now occasionally cause the player to react to a hit
- Client connection quality is now displayed graphically in the Player Listing Screen in game. (c_netstats() is still available for a more detailed snapshot)
- Added a new [network] setting, steam_group_admins, which automatically gives admin status to officers on servers associated with their Steam Group ID
- Health/Sanity/Hunger costs for items are now displayed in the crafting menu
- General re-work of resurrection:
- Players receive a sanity bonus when using a Telltale Heart to revive other players
- Meat Effigy now requires attunement, but can teleport you across the map if you die. Cost for attunement (or switching to another Meat Effigy) is the same as the health cost for crafting it. You are automatically attuned when you place a crafted Meat Effigy, without needing to pay the health cost again.
- Health costs for crafting items are more explicit and standardized
- Dedicated servers set to pause when empty will no longer pause while world reset is counting down in Survival mode
- Removed most negative effects from haunting, such as destroying structures and lighting things on fire. This is to deal with immediate problems from ghost griefing and unintentional ghost accidents.
- 8-way walls! Finally, your walls will line up when the camera angle is straight on them!
- Fixed missing name when inspecting Magma Rocks
- Fixed bug where sanity was still draining while sleeping
- Fixed crash in Host Game screen when user’s save index is corrupted
- Fixed bug where player slots were being reserved even after all whitelisted players are connected
- Fixed the muffled winter and summer audio
- Fixed bug where puddles show on the ground even when the world is not actually wet
- Creatures should no longer float downwards after they die
- Ice Hound nose colour is now consistent at all angles
- Inventory and Container UI will now refresh when toggling controller settings in game
- OSX: Fixed crash on startup under OSX 10.11 El Capitan (beta)
August 5, 2015
- World regrowth will now avoid spawning on top of carpets and other flooring
- Fix for "Version Out of Date" game warning appearing when your connection was slow
- Fixed several MiniMap exploits
July 30, 2015
- World regrowth will now avoid spawning on top of roads
- Crash fix for very old save index files that had no empty slots
- Crash fix in SetModHUDFocus when mods called with no player hud existed
- Better WorldGen logging to help track down bugs
- Fixed bug where status displays sometimes blink incorrectly
- Fixed bug where Top Mods are not displayed when you have no mods installed
July 27, 2015
- Slight tweak to the order of operations in Level:GetTasksForLevel with regard to LevelPreInit and LevelPreInitAny functions. They now occur before tasks are enqueued.
- Adjusted the muffled winter audio
- Fixed rendering bug with Webber’s beard
- Fixed bug where clients cannot reconnect to a server if they disconnected while the world was regenerating
- Fixed Luxury Fan making you freezing cold. Now it's correct behaviour has been restored and it only cools you down.
July 24, 2015
- Removed the "no mods" pop-up warning from server hosting screen
- Mod functions LevelPreInit and LevelPreInitAny are now called after Level tasks, and are setup in GetTasksForLevel
- Endothermic fires will no longer hatch eggs that need to be warmed
- Lavae Eggs will no longer drop out of your inventory on their own
- Fixed bug where the friends filter was not working properly on MAC and LINUX clients
- Mob tab construction fixed when the user is not subscribed to any mods
July 23, 2015
- Added new front end UI & menu music
- Added dance emote for Werebeaver
- Added more variety of trinkets
- Fixed bug where status meters sometimes blink red incorrectly when eating certain foods
- Fixed bug where Beefalo in heat did not attack players
- Fixed bug with night vision sometimes not deactivating properly on clients
- Fixed bug where The Lazy Forager sometimes picks up objects that normally couldn’t be picked up
- Fixed crash when a Meat Effigy or Life Giving Amulet is destroyed during resurrection
- Fixed bug where burning a Pig House spawns a Pig Man even if it was not occupied
- Trees should no longer appear randomly in bases. (Unless there is a large "natural" area within the base.)
- Added missing player skeleton inspect strings for Woodie
- Added missing ghost sounds for Wolfgang, Woodie, Webber, and Wigfrid
- Blueprints will no longer be dropped for items that cannot be crafted, such as Pig Heads and Merm Heads
- Burnt Bee Boxes will save properly now
- Controller placers for Farms are now rotated properly
- Fixed issue where steam_group_only servers were not allowing players to connect
July 9, 2015
- Fixed crash sometimes when haunting Pig Heads and Merm Heads
- Fixed crash sometimes when chopping with Woodie
- Fixed rare crash in desolationspawner
- Fixed bug with impact sound effects in the rain
- Woodie has been added back to the game with several notable changes:
- Transforms into a Werebeaver when his beaver meter drops below 25
- Transforms back into Woodie when his beaver meter fills up
- Chopping trees drains his beaver meter, while eating wood replenishes it
- As a Werebeaver, gnawing on workable objects also replenishes his beaver meter
- Sanity drains faster in Werebeaver mode
- Woodie gains a sanity bonus from planting trees
- When transforming into a Werebeaver, any equipped items except backpacks are dropped (backpack and inventory are not dropped but cannot be accessed)
- If Lucy is lost or abandoned, she will take over a new axe the next time Woodie performs a chopping action
- Woodie’s beard provides insulation, but cannot be shaved
- Improved visibility of ghost facial features when bloom setting is enabled
- To prevent accidents with button mashing, there is now a one second delay before controllers will target your own followers for combat
- Server browser: changed "friend-hosted" to "friends playing" so you can see more of your friends online from this screen. These games automatically sort to the top.
- Servers: Added ability to associate or restrict your server to a specific Steam group. Clients will have servers for their Steam groups sorted to the top and can filter on them. More information for admins HERE.
- Several kinds of objects in the world will slowly regrow or replenish over time. For this initial pass, that includes carrots, flowers, trees, and rabbit holes. Note that this will partially work on existing save games, but the world must be regenerated from scratch for full effect.
- Slightly increased overall brightness during dusk. It just doesn't need to be that dark
- Fixed bug where certain actions can be performed while player is busy
- Fixed bug where cursor disappears when text field is empty
- Fixed bug where controllers are unable to plant items from the backpack
- Fixed bug where controllers continue to scroll crafting tabs after the crafting menu is closed
- Fixed bug where science and alchemy machine prototyping sounds sometimes do not stop
- Fixed crash after Wes receives three resurrection penalties
- Plant meat can be cooked once again
- Rotten eggs no longer disappear in Ice Boxes
- Added an extra layer to player characters to properly support larger back items like the One Man Band.
- Fixed some window resizing issues: Clicking the top bar will not resize the window to a default size, aspect ratio is correctly maintained when resizing and going back and forth to fullscreen.
- Button hitboxes are no longer offset after coming back from fullscreen
- Feather fan no longer warms you up if you're freezing.
June 17, 2015
- Chat messages sent by Wes players will no longer appear above his head
- Fixed a memory leak when a player disconnects from a server after being resurrected
- Added a new Whirly Fan item
- Added a proper dance emote
- Wes has been added back to the game.
- Balloons are globally capped at 100.
- Pile o’ Balloons now decays after 3 game days
- Pile o’ Balloons can be crafted.
- Wes can no longer create balloons if he does not have the required sanity.
- Fixed issue while joining a server via Steam friend list
- Fix for mod characters inspecting moles without the required speech text.
June 8, 2015
- Wilderness and Endless mode servers will no longer be overrun with Berry Bushes (NOTE: Bushes that were previously spawned will remain until manually removed or world is regenerated)
- Fur Tufts will now properly blow away even when they are off screen
- Fixed crash sometimes when initializing sanity component during login
- Fixed bug where Spider Warriors were affecting Webber’s sanity
June 5, 2015
- Players will have a better chance of finding Berry Bushes when spawning into long running Wilderness servers
- Added new mod api function AddRecipeTab(string_title, sort_key, atlas, texture) that returns the tab that can be passed into AddRecipe.
- Fixed crash sometimes when catching Mosquitos
- Fixed crash sometimes when Birchnutters lose their combat target
- Cook action no longer shows up for targets that you should not currently be able to cook
June 4, 2015
- Spider Queens will stop chasing players after a certain distance
- Butterflies can be fed while in Chester
- Butterflies no longer are victims of wildfire
- Birds will now fly away if they take damage from a nearby fire
- Creatures will now wake up from sleep if they take damage from a nearby fire
- Fire damage is now capped at 120 per second
- Fixed crash sometimes after Birchnut Tree monster transforms back into a tree
- Fixed crash sometimes when Dragonfly flees after having spawned Lavae minions
- Fixed Dragonfly’s normal and enraged hit ranges that were previously reversed
- Seasonal beefalo "mood" now works as intended
- Players will now properly show the feeding action animation on clients
- Birds properly play the distress animation while burning
June 3, 2015
- Updated Willow’s description in the character select screen
- Fixed rare crash that occurs sometimes after a player dies
- Fixed a crash due to the cook action being used on Birchnut Saplings
Changes Some changes have been made to Willow. In addition to her previous traits:
- Willow has learned to cook using her lighter
- Willow finally found Bernie, her childhood teddy bear
- Insanity alters Willow’s perception of the world, making the temperature feel chillier than it actually is
- Willow is slow to burn (Immune to fire damage for the first 3 seconds)
- Willow got better at making her lighter and now uses fewer materials
- Correct animation plays when hitting a Sign from different angles
June 1, 2015
- Compass can be properly used as a weapon, but gets damaged easily
- Improved feedback when the compass wears out
- Backward compatibility to fix crash with mods that have not been updated to support directional placement
- Fixed bug where debug render will sometimes be toggled when typing backspace in a text edit widget
- The Compass is now a craftable item. There is a North!
- Farm placement is now directional, and is based on player's current camera heading
- Added craftable Directional Signs
- Players can now write on Signs and Directional Signs. Once a message has been written, it will be permanently etched in. (NOTE: Controller text input is not supported yet, however a random string generator is included.)
- Revised art for Scaled Tiles
- Adjusted the recipe for Scaled Tiles
- Increased the number Scaled Tiles produced per craft from 4 to 6
- Scaled Tiles now show up on the Minimap
- Fixed a bug where rain could affect smoldering entities incorrectly
- RandomNode is now a functional node for brains that can be used for mods
May 25, 2015
- Added a new recipe for Scaled Tiles
- The Dragonfly can now drop a Lavae Egg
- The Weather Pain’s tornado is less destructive. It now does 2 “work” per tick instead of destroying the object outright.
- Shadow creatures will now only emit a sanity aura to nearby players that are valid targets.
- Birds in Bird Cages now signal their distress when they’re getting hungry.
- Fixed a crash during worldgen on retry
- Players should no longer see their previously equipped hat for a couple frames while reviving.
- Wigfrid’s “Refuse Eat” animation can now be canceled.
- Webber’s spider hiring will ignore spiders that already have a leader.
- Heads on a stick now drop the proper amount of loot when they are burnt.
- Removed the “It’s full” message when putting a bird into a birdcage.
- Smallbirds raised in the wild by Tallbirds will no longer starve to death.
May 20, 2015
- Bearger now yawns if disturbed during hibernation. Beware, it’s contagious!
- Invalid modindex save files are now handled gracefully, and dump their contents to log.txt.
- Abandoned Smallbirds will now seek a new parent
- Fixed a crash sometimes during worldgen with custom world settings
May 19, 2015
- Adding a whitelist system for servers. The option whitelist_slots allows server admin to reserve some slots for whitelisted players. The whitelist.txt file in the save subfolder is the list of whitelisted user Id (KU_Userid).
- Fixed crash sometimes when haunting Birchnut Tree Stumps
- Seeds no longer render behind Bird Traps.
- Fixed crash when viewing some custom presets on other servers.
- Fixed bug where Ash would sometimes not blow away
- Fixed a rare crash when Bearger tries to steal certain items
- Item deployment range checks should now be compatible with existing mods
May 15, 2015
- Reduced network data for fire propagation
- Ewecus snot attack damages things it hits, so you can't hide forever behind walls or other players.
- Precipitation mode "None" actually does no rain now
- Fixed bug where players sometimes do not get burnt when extinguishing fires with their hands
May 14, 2015
- Glommer’s Flower is now unique and cannot be taken out of the world, similar to Chester’s Eye Bone
- Added “ms_playerdisconnected” event on the server. The event data structure may be extended with disconnect reasons and other useful information in the future.
- Modders can override JoinServerFilter(user_id) function to allow or deny a player from joining the server.
- Lava Ponds sync properly to clients now
- Eye Plants are able to catch small animals and birds again
- Beardlings are now supported in inventory and containers when viewed by an insane player, and produce the appropriate loot when murdered or cooked
- Beardlings will properly drop Beardling loot even when your followers deal the killing blow
- Server tags are now properly supported on dedicated servers
- Player ghosts can no longer be attacked by players with low sanity on PVP servers
- Fixed a rare crash when returning to the main menu and then quickly exiting the game
May 11, 2015
- Added OSX client support for Twitch Plays Together mod.
- Increased Buzzard regen period from 20 seconds to 1440 seconds.
- Increased Hound Mound’s regen period from 120 seconds to 180 seconds.
- Lavae now leash to the Dragonfly, changing targets if they get too far away from their mother. If the Dragonfly dies or otherwise leaves, Lavae will despawn.
- Fixed bug where Birchnut Tree Stumps can become unburnable
- Scorch marks sync properly to clients now
- Burn marks properly save their size and orientation
- Burn marks properly fade out and remove themselves over time
- Meteors no longer destroy irreplaceable items such as Chester’s Eye Bone
- Fixed a crash when resetting the sim while holding a lighter, torch, or certain other items
May 7, 2015
- Wildfires can only start during the day
- All inventory items can be sent through Worm Holes
- Items sent through Worm Holes will now be tossed out to the side so that they can be picked up with a mouse
- Ice Flingomatic now operates even when it is off screen
- AddComponent now does a case-insensitive comparison for existing components.
- Wildfire world settings now work properly
- Wildfire and frograin settings can be customised and persist post-worldgen
- Fixed crash sometimes when a Clockwork Rook charges into objects
- Fixed rare crash when harvesting crops
- Frogs finish their hop animations
- Pigmen (and others) no longer pop animations if you feed them while sleeping/frozen/etc.
- Fix for empty mod icon strings breaking on OSX.
- Fix for XFS file systems on Linux causing mods to not appear in the Mods screen.
May 6, 2015
- Traps will no longer capture dead animals
- Rain will now stop and prevent smoldering
- Improved Ice Flingomatic Emergency Mode fire detection
- Improved Ice Flingomatic launch speed so that it can reach targets at its max range
- Fixed a crash when haunting a Campfire just as it is depleted
- Fixed a crash sometimes when picking up a Bee Mine that has just been triggered
- Fixed a crash in Houndius Shootius sometimes when seeking targets
- Fixed a rare crash in Bearger spawner
- Dragonfly can now recover from a failed attempt to reset
- Hound mounds excluded from "No Giants Here" preset
May 5, 2015
- Ice Flingomatic emergency mode now has a sound effect during its warning phase
- Fixed bug where extinguished Hound Fires reappear after reloading
- Fixed crash caused by Baby Beefalo's animation
May 4, 2015
- Sleeping in a tent will now properly dry players off
- Mining Lanterns saved while turned on will resume properly when reloading
- Fixed crash when haunting Burrows
- Fixed crash when Willow’s Lighter runs out of fuel
- Added new animations for Wickerbottom getting knocked out
- Windows only: now using latest CURL version. (New supported protocols)
- Reduced network data for item moisture
- Deerclops is now more likely to aggro and attack nearby players
- Health badge warning pulses are now consistent while players are below one third health
- Eating food affects player body temperature properly now
- Clients now properly display descriptions for wet objects
- Fixed bug where Rabbits and Moles were sometimes spawning at incorrect intervals
- Fixed bug where players could attack Moles while they are underground
- Fixed bug where examining Moles sometimes displays the incorrect string
- Fixed bug where Bearger could spawn again after players killed him if player has saved and reloaded
April 29, 2015
- Players can now travel through wormholes as a ghost
- Cooking will properly show up as a secondary action when a crock pot is open and filled
- Fixed bug where Birchnutters could not be attacked by players
- Fixed bug where ghosts would sometimes use their human speech strings for certain announcements
- Bearger no longer sees players pick up his food if he’s asleep
- Blueprints for mod items no longer crash the server when the mod is disabled. (They will show up as “Unknown Blueprint”, and cannot be learnt until the mod is re-enabled.)
- Crock Pot recipes added by mods now have correct images.
April 27, 2015
- Ghosts are slightly more visible in the dark now
- Fireflies are easier to catch at night now
- Heavier rain during summer means it won't rain for as long during summer.
- Deerclops doesn't spawn until the second half of the first winter.
- Users no longer have to restart a server twice to have new mods download and be enabled. Fixed for dedicated servers failing to enable mods via modoverrides.lua when they were newly downloaded from dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua.
- Fix for temporary disabled mods being re-enabled after the server’s world is regenerated.
- Buzzardspawners now spawn exactly the right amount of shadows
- Buzzards will return to a piece of meat after abandoning it
- Abigail no longer wanders off when Wendy dies
- Being near a fire propagator will correctly unfreeze you quickly rather than keeping you frozen forever
- Can no longer pick up burning items if you clicked them before they started burning.
- Correct animation plays when Buzzards extinguish.
- Moosegoose should now spawn correctly in spring.
- Tweaked Bearger's combat slightly if user wakes it up while Bearger is hibernating.
April 24, 2015
- Catcoon dens will regenerate over time
- Pan Flute and Sleepytime Stories will put players to sleep on PVP servers only
- Ewecus will only target players when using its snot attack since it has no effect on other creatures
- Players will now properly unfreeze when electrocuted
- Bearger now spawns correctly
- Firestaff, sleep darts & fire darts will no longer force the target into the hit state.
April 23, 2015
- Dragonfly now respawns much faster after despawning due to leashing. (Down from 16 minutes to 15 seconds)
- Extinguish will now show up as a secondary command when you have a tool equipped
- Twitch Plays button will now properly attempt to recover after a disconnection from your channel, without having to shut down and relaunch the entire game. (The Twitch action bar disappears when connection is lost for any reason. Previously, clicking the button again will show the bar again without reconnecting to your channel first.)
- Fix a crash sometimes when a Catcoon is killed
- Smoldering effects will no longer appear randomly after reloading a world (requires loading, saving, and reloading the world once more to fix this)
- Dragonfly customization options now actually do something
- Dragonfly no longer collides with obstacles
- 'worldgenoverride.lua' triggers at the correct spot in the regen process, so now 'view world' correctly displays settings for dedicated servers
April 21, 2015 - Integration of Reign of Giants Beta
- Wigfrid is a playable character who is a stage actress. She went a bit too deep into method acting for her latest role, an ancient Valkyrie. She only eats meat and excels in battle.
- Webber is a playable character who is a young boy. Specifically, he’s a young boy who lives inside of the spider who tried to eat him long ago. He’s a monster who has learned some tricks from his arachnid encasement.
- Spring is a new season that brings heavy rains. With the rain comes more active flora and more aggressive fauna.
- Summer is a new season that brings a blistering heat wave. Plants will shrivel and you will too if you don’t keep cool. Oh, and the season previously known as Summer will be henceforth known as Autumn.
- Two new biomes: the Desert and the Deciduous Forest. Both are filled with new creatures, plants and gatherables. As with most things in Don’t Starve Together, they’ll help you survive. Or maybe kill you.
- Giants for every season! Deerclops isn’t the only big bad lurking out there, now.
- Rabbits and other small creatures that can go in your inventory need food too! You can feed them to keep them alive, but if you lock a rabbit in a box and leave it there for days, it’ll starve and turn into meat. And then rot. Yuck.
- Food left on crockpots and on drying racks will start spoiling before you collect it. They would previously last forever until harvested.
- If you don’t have any gear that protects you from the rain (there’s some new things for that!), the rain will make your character wet. If they get wet enough, they’ll start cooling down and losing sanity. Previously, the rain would directly make you lose sanity.
- Structures with wood in them can burn. You can hammer down the burnt husk to get some resources back.
- Fire propagation has been reworked. It’s still a menace, but it spreads more slowly, so you’ll have some chance to fight fires. There’s even water balloons to help with this!.
- The Ice Flingomatic has an emergency mode instead of being turned completely off. If it detects a few things burning down in quick succession, it’ll activate and try to save what it can.
- Giants are generally more present in the world, rather than jerks who come down from the proverbial hills to harass one unlucky player per season.
- The color of a Thermal Stone is now based on its temperature relative to the ambient temperature of the world, rather than having fixed temperatures at which its visuals change.
- It should also be a bit more effective at heating and cooling.
April 1, 2015
- Lightning no longer interrupts the evening fade-to-black
- Fixed an issue where dedicated servers that ran for long periods of time could become unjoinable
- Fixed a rare crash transitioning from gameplay to front end
- Fixed a rare crash when entering the settings screen
March 25, 2015
- Improved consistency of auto-attack behaviour between keyboard/mouse and controllers
- Updated groggy animations for players
- Fixed a problem finding files on certain Linux filesystems
- Fixed a crash checking an invalid display when going into the settings screen
- Fixed a rare crash transitioning from gameplay to front end
- Fixed a crash when running out of memory during a physics update
- Fixed a bug where clients sometimes attack air when prediction is disabled
March 20, 2015
- Added "skip_workshop_update" to the [MISC] section of settings.ini, which when set to true will bypass the Steam Workshop update
- When running out of memory write an error to the log and exit rather than crashing randomly. Windows builds will also display a message box before exiting.
- Fix a crash when getting disconnected from server while crafting a placeable item
Reign of Giants Beta (since March 17, 2015)
April 13, 2015
- Fixed a bug preventing Thermal Stones from cooling inside and Ice Box
- Updated Flingomatic animations
- Reduced network data cost of world wetness during rain
April 10, 2015
- Fixed a crash when some Berry Bushes are rejuvenated
- Fixed a crash when hammering a burnt Tent
- Fixed a crash sometimes when harvesting from a Drying Rack
- Reduced network data cost of dryable meats
April 9, 2015
- Lightning strikes no longer set players on fire
- Flingomatic will now protect plants and crops from withering
- Added a small light to the Flingomatic for better feedback on Emergency mode status
- Fixed a bug preventing chester from morphing even when all conditions are met
- Fixed a bug where multiple players could sleep in a tent at once
- Fixed a bug where players did not wake up when a tent was hit
- Fixed a bug with precision error for some mod items with custom walk speed multipliers
- Reduced network data cost of burnable and witherable plants
April 6, 2015
- Farmplots are now rotated correctly on clients
- Farmplots extinguished by Flingomatic will no longer become unusuable
- Fixed a bug where crops that were extinguished may become duplicated after reloading a world. (Harvesting a duplicated crop results in a crash, and starting a new world is recommended in this case.)
- Fixed a bug with saving and loading files on certain non-Windows machines
April 2, 2015
- Moisture indicator displays properly for hosts and clients now
- Improved consistency of arrows displayed for clients on the sanity indicator
- Increased Deerclops's attack cooldown
- Added animations for Ice Flingomatic emergency mode
- Player spawn light now provides a world temperature safe zone rather than a stackable heat source
March 31, 2015
- Player spawn light will now provide heat in winter and cooling in summer
- Reduced network data size for waterproof entities and entities with heat
- Fixed an issue where dedicated servers may become unjoinable after running for long periods
March 30, 2015
- Waterballoon animations fixed
- Controller support for waterballoons and fixed.
- Disabled all attacks for ghosts
- Flingomatic wasn't extinguishing farms correctly.
- Fixed Teenbird tuning values.
- Lightning no longer interrupts the evening fade-to-black.
- Spacebar no longer tries to pick withered grass.
March 27, 2015
- Text input behaving erratically on server creation screen
- Client crashing in race conditions when using an inventory item
- Crash when removing a previously cooked meal from the crockpot
- Crash on dedicated servers from beeboxes
- Seeds instantly wither upon planting
- Cleaned up behaviour around sleeping and burning tents.
- Duplicate symbols appearing on world customisation screen.
- "I can't do that" when fertilizing
- Spacebar haunts farmplots instead of crops
March 25, 2015
- Butterflies should no longer spawn in winter.
- Telestaff lightning should only sometimes strike the player (as much as normal lightning, so 100% for WX)
- Fixed "invalid key to next" crash.
- Can now put ice cubes in the icebox
- Added a widget to the main menu to let you know if your game requires updating.
- Fixed crash when spawning Glommer
- Fixed crash when loading a game with an in-progress crockpot
- Fertilize action should display more consistently and accurately.
- Planted seeds should no longer instantly wither (giving the Flingo a chance to protect them).
- Deerclops spawning cleaned up, should only attack in winter and when there is snow on the ground.
March 23, 2015
- Ice flingomatic now only protects plants if the global temperature is hot enough to make plants wither.
- Fixed crash in playercontroller that would happen during combat.
- Moles and Molehills are now hauntable
- Fixed several crashes when taking food from Meat Racks or Crock Pots, as well as having more accurate spoilage on food that's been sitting there a while.
- Fixed being unable to harvest visible jerky.
- Fixed crash when a mole eats gunpowder.
- Fix for when firestaffs are used to attack inanimate objects.
March 20, 2015
- Rain sounds doubling up
- Range of flingomatic not correctly represented
- Invisible deciduous turf
- Crockpot items rotting prematurely
- Wigfrid's "reject food" animation is strange
- Invisible catcoon houses
- Crash when feeding birds in cages
- Moles have finally poked their heads up!
- Tumbleweeds crashing when they drop moles
- Crash when examining repairable items
- Rapidly procreating lureplants
- Fertilizing with rot made bushes unusable
- Crash in amulet spawn
- Crash in deerclops combat
- Crash when feeding butterflies
- Crash when spiderdens change stages
- Crash in deciduous tree schedule
March 19, 2015
- Hopefully fixed the issue with grass and twigs becoming picked after rain storms.
- Fixed the exceedingly strange behaviour of smallbirds.
- Reduced the number of lureplants that spawn in the world.
- Fixed a number of crashes (approaching coontails, hammering a burnt farm, the bee hat in rain, AND MORE)
- Fires can now be extinguished by clients.
- Glommer can now be attacked with Ctrl+F if you haven't yet picked the flower.
- Correctly use the last used save slot on the server creation screen, instead of the first unused one.
March 18, 2015
- Wickerbottom spoiled food penalty
- Crash when picking up a burning backpack
- Lighting things on fire with the fire staff
- Starving butterflies and their feeding
- Many many invisible entities, including Icebergs and Catcoons
- Crash when deciduous trees try transforming
- Crash when spawning krampus sack
- Abrupt end of winter
- Crash when the food in a crockpot spoils
- Crash when certain items drop from tumbleweed
- Crash when trying to sleep in bedroll
- Crash when client gets struck by lightning on dedicated server
- Crash when haunting birchnuts
- Buzzards not fighting over meat
- Glommer's flower not despawning
- Withered objects refreshing themselves in autumn
- Missing animation in tree_leaf
- Crash when killed by a birchnutter
- Lighter doesn't lose durability
- Webber moves slow on web
- Crash when using Furry Bedroll
- Crash in basehassler on starting some dedicated servers
- Flingomatics stop functioning if they reach zero fuel
- Non-wilson characters have proper examines for skeletons
- Farms crash when burnt and hammered
- Catcoon tail crashes on clients
March 16, 2015
- Added temporary logging when leaving a game to try to track down a crash
- Added logging to Steam startup to try to track down Mac Steam initialization issue
- c_rollback() now properly reloads the world after rolling back the snapshot files
- Fixed a rare crash when a Pig Torch runs out of fuel
March 12, 2015
- Improved server snapshot system no longer has any additional performance impact over auto-saving
- Fully supported snapshot rollbacks through the server admin screen, as well as in-game console command (c_rollback())
- c_reset() debug command no longer has slot deleting functionality. Instead it takes an optional parameter for if we should save the slot before restarting the sim.
- Added c_regenerateworld() debug command for generating a new world in the active slot. The current world will be deleted.
- Added useful warning message for Dedicated Servers with misconfigured Steam ports
Prevent hdd sleep and system idle sleep while game or dedicated server are running (Windows and OSX)
- Added "-skip_update_server_mods" and "-only_update_server_mods" command line parameters for dedicated server. This controls if we want to update the mods in dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua, and if we want to quit once the downloads are finished. This is meant to be used by hosts that are running several dedicated servers on a single machine.
- Fixed rare crash when exiting the game
- Resuming an auto-saved game will now restore the session to prevent losing or duplicating items
- Fixed rare server crash when a player who has timed out is simultaneously kicked
- Fixed rare crash caused when activating a steam join link while connecting to a server
- Fixed a crash that was a result of being disconnected while auto-downloading server mods
- Fixed rare crash when unzipping mod data
March 6, 2015
- Fixed a bug causing a player’s hit recovery to be too long while auto-attacking and too short while spamming attacks
- Fixed a crash when shutting down via the console while a player was talking
March 5, 2015
- Fixed bug where abandoned Abigail flowers did not always decay properly
- Fixed bug where players could cancel out of some busy states by spamming controls
March 4, 2015
- Added support for mouse wheel scrolling of lists on OSX and Linux
- Fixed issue with games not appearing in the LAN server browser
- Fixed a crash when shutting down a dedicated server via remote console
- Fixed a rare crash when shutting down a client hosted server via the console
- Fixed issue where browsing servers caused a large amount of Steam API warning spam.
March 3, 2015
- Dedicated servers now check to see if their mods are out of date, and announce it to the server when they are out of date.
- Top mods is now displayed on the Mods screen.
- Added MOD API call: SetModHUDFocus(focusid, hasfocus) for mod widgets to block player input the same way as other HUD widgets do
- Updated icon art
- Wendy changes:
- Abigail flowers will automatically disappear after being abandoned for 3 days
- Abigail flower can now be crafted
- Players will have a better chance of finding basic resources when spawning into long running Wilderness servers
- Modified threaded renderer, threaded physics and alternate gc experimental options so they can be set from settings.ini (use_threaded_physics and use_alternate_gc under [MISC] and use_threaded_renderer under [graphics]
- Implemented Steam friends join on Dedicated Servers.
- Added “-backup_logs” command line option. Saves up to 99 backup copies of log.txt and chat_log.txt. After you reach the limit you will need to clear the backup directory to continue to receive backups.
- Steam backend for dedicated servers. Steam authentication port defaults to: 8766, Steam master server updater port: 27016.
- Ports can be configured through command line by adding:
- -steam_authentication_port 123456 -steam_master_server_port 123457
- or through settings.ini, under the [network] heading
- steam_authentication_port = 123456
- steam_master_server_port = 123457
- Fixed a bug where controller crafting could access all character specific recipes
- Fixed some client crashes when using controllers
- Dedicated server console input now accepts spaces
- Krampus won’t hiss if world gen was set to not use Krampus
- Fixed fullscreen switching and resolution changing with threaded renderer.
- Fixed issue in lua command c_connect( ip, port, password ) preventing it from working when not logged in, or when an unexpected password was required.
- Fixed search filter “character” to show all results.
February 26, 2015
- Remove the oldest player skeleton only when the total count exceeds 100 (instead of automatically decaying after 10 days)
- Disable a player’s indicator when they are in the dark or disguised as a bush
- Disable controller prompts and action targeting on entities in the dark
- Some minor Lua optimizations to mitigate performance spikes related to brains and entity queries
- Improved logging of crashes
- Fixed shutdown crash when using threaded renderer
- Fixed a crash when haunting blueprints
- Fixed an issue where servers on which you had already played didn’t display your character in the server browser (OSX and Linux)
- Fix for pond bushes failing to remove properly from the pond when being burned.
- Fixed trying to add a component action from a mod to an existing component that already has an action component of another type.
- Fixed a bug where entities could not be muted on a dedicated server
February 23, 2015
- Sleep-inducing items now make players groggy before they get knocked out (and stay groggy for a bit after they wake up).
- Added experimental alternate garbage collector to prevent running out of memory during worldgen. Disabled by default; and enabled with command line option ‘-alternate_gc’.
- Added experimental threaded physics. Disabled by default; and enabled with command line option ‘-threaded_physics”.
- Added multithreaded renderer. Disabled by default; and enabled with command line option ‘-threaded_render’.
- Mods can now use AddModRPCHandler and SendModRPCToServer for client-to-server communication.
- Mods can now use their own replicable components with AddReplicableComponent
- Added support for Steam Controllers
- Willow changes:
- Willow’s fire damage reduction is now 50% (down from 100%)
- Willow’s lighter now lasts for 20 clock segments (down from forever)
- Willow’s lighter can now be crafted
- Willow no longer lights fires when her sanity is low
- Willow now takes 10% increased effects from sanity auras
- Added “Account Info” page, which allows you to easily see your KU and generate server tokens. Found under, Play, Host Game / Account Info.
- Characters can now be hidden from the player indicator by adding the tag "noplayerindicator".
- Beefalo herds should manage their size better and no longer take over servers.
- Fixed a bug where controllers could not use items in their inventory to repair or refuel
- Fixed a bug where client ghosts disappear when force inspecting during movement
- Fixed a bug where insane players were not able to attack shadow creatures
- Fixed a bug where mouseover text sometimes becomes offset below the cursor
- Fixed Lua assert when a treasure chest was placed in the world without any other chests present.
February 18, 2015
- Player skeletons will now decay after 10 days
- Added profiler improvements to better analyze server degradation
- We now log more information to analyze startup crashes that some users experience
- Steam “played with” now works on Dedicated Servers.
- DualShock4 controller icons on all platforms. Xbox360 controller icons on OSX and Linux.
- Fixed a crash in the mods screen when accepting “Clean All” with a controller
- Inventory bar no longer processes controller input while hidden
February 16, 2015
- Dedicated LAN servers can now use any port in the range of [10998,11018]
- Player status screen can now be toggled on with controllers - right thumb click by default
- Show “LAN” in server list title when showing LAN/local servers (or in offline mode).
- Improved controller combat targeting with ranged weapons
- Improved controller targeting for catching projectiles (e.g. Boomerang)
- Added “-nooverlay” command line option, prevents websites from opening in the Steam overlay
- Fixed controller bug with targeting invalid entities for actions
- Fixed controller crash for clients with prediction disabled
- Fixed for mod issue where certain content was missing.
- Fixed controls screen help text bug.
- Fixed duplicate binds for controller input on the mods screen.
- Fixed bug where boomerang sometimes remains spinning in the air indefinitely
February 12, 2015 - Mac / Linux and Controller support
- Official OSX support added
- Official Linux support added
- Added controller support. Note: menus and UI screens are still being worked on. Controllers will work on some menus but not others.
- /kiss emote added, Happy Valentine's Day! <3 MarkL
- Modified profiler for more accurate stats
- Adding warning when mod component actions get into a bad state.
- Adding basic SimPause functionality.
- Added metrics for enabled mods.
- Add mouse wheel scrolling for scroll lists. Known issue: some lists don’t recognize this input when the mouse is hovered over certain parts of the list.
- Event Announcer made more moddable and queue full functionality changed to push out the oldest items first.
- Add display of how many servers are shown out of the total servers.
- Fixed assert related to FightStat_TrapSprung
- Fixed read issue for adminlist.txt, blocklist.txt and server_token.txt on some machines
- Fixed ice staff not working on enemies.
- Bug fix for world gen override when no custom_options are present.
February 10, 2015
- Fixed bug with client RPC encoding
- Write log.txt to the correct folder when -conf_dir and -persistent_storage_root are used.
- Dedicated Servers no longer load ping_cache.
- Fixed intermittent hard crash when a user joins a server.
February 6, 2015
- You can now join locally-hosted online dedicated servers through the LAN browser.
- Added chat_log.txt for logging announcement and chat messages.
- Added dedicated server world gen overrides. Settings are read out of worldgenoverride.lua in the Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether folder. An example of this is:
- modoverride.lua files renamed/merged in to modoverrides.lua and moved to the configuration directory to allow multiple servers to run from the same installation with different mod setups.
- Mods are now allowed to be specified by the Steam Workshop ID in modoverrides.lua and modsettings.lua.
- Renamed servermods.lua to dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua.
- Added “-console” command line argument for dedicated servers, allows users to input lua commands directly from the application window.
- Added “-persistent_storage_root <AltPersistentStorageRoot>” command line argument for setting the root directory of persistent storage.
- adminlist.txt and blocklist.txt now also functions in offline mode.
- Enabled in game profiler to gain better insight in performance under load.
- Early/Late season in server details threshold is now 5 days (was 3).
- Set default tick rate to 15 on all platforms.
- Added disconnect dialog for the case where a server is running a hidden mod and the user is unable to download it.
- Player numbering on scoreboard now counts from 0 on dedicated servers.
- World day on the scoreboard now updates while the screen is open.
- Beefalo herds stop growing after a certain density has been reached.
- Added < and > into the list of valid console characters.
- Unnamed sounds can now be re-mapped via TheSim:RemapSoundEvent.
- Fixed scroll lists from getting stuck on an empty page when the list shrinks to less than the viewable size.
- Fixed server listing details deserialization bug.
- Dedicated servers now disable all mods on boot so that previously enabled mods don't linger and stay enabled.
- Fixed bug in adminlist.txt, blocklist.txt and server_token.txt where the last entry was not processed correctly.
January 28, 2015
- Mod version now has whitespace trimmed from the start and end of the string to correct the version difficulties with the Steam Workshop.
- User can now specify -conf_dir or -config_dir on the cmd line for dedicated servers.
- Follow camera code cleanup.
- Added fps counter - activated via backspace key
- Fix for DirectoryListing crash when directory doesn't exist.
- Fixed a bug where players could emote while sleeping.
- Fix bug serializing addcolor and multcolor.
January 27, 2015
- Make fire damage done via PvP scale the same as other PvP damage.
- Reduce player’s burn time (and therefore damage from fire overall).
- Mods downloaded for dedicated servers via servermods.lua are only downloaded when new versions are uploaded.
- The mods screen no longer downloads mods if the local version is up to date.
- Clean All button added to Mods screen. This button deletes all subscribed workshop mods and re-downloads them, it also disables all mods, deletes all of your mod configs and clears the temp mod download cache.
- Mods can now access the mod config data of the local machine in addition to the temp config data they receive from the server they are playing on.
- modoverride.lua is no longer deleted when updating to a new version of a mod.
- Tallbirds and Tentacles may now switch targets depending on their latest attackers
- Print version number to the log file on startup
- Added additional dedicated server command line configuration options
-players [1...64] sets the maximum players in a dedicated server
-tick [15...60] sets the tickrate of the server
-port [1024…65535] sets the port of the server
- Added settings.ini for Dedicated Servers that pauses the game when no players are connected (defaults to false)
- Fix various equipment items not being clickable on all parts of their visuals.
- Boolean logic fixed in mod config data.
- Second column mod config data saves correctly now.
- No longer get erroneous freezing overlay while sleeping.
- Characters will now wake up if they start starving while sleeping.
- Fix crash on digging last grave in the dev graveyard setpiece.
- Fix trees not correctly going to their burnt state when they go to sleep while on fire.
- Disable firebug component (insanity fires) while Willow is sleeping.
- Fixed a ‘black screen’ hang when joining a server during a Steam outage.
- Dedicated servers no longer generate an unjoinable world when authentication fails
- LAN mod listing screen no longer reports a version mismatch.
January 21, 2015
- Players can now vote to kick others off of dedicated servers with no admin present. Votes require a minimum or three players, last for 5 minutes and must be unanimous - 1 to pass. If the vote passes the player is kicked from the server. Should the player return and get voted off again they will be temporarily banned for increasing intervals of 30 minutes (ex. second kick = 30 minute ban, 3rd kick = 60 minute ban, etc.). Bans are reset when a new world is generated.
- Dedicated servers can now install mods and mod collections through a lua file in the mods directory named servermods.lua. Calls to ServerModSetup and ServerModCollectionSetup in this file, with the mod/collection id string as the parameter, will download and install the mods when a dedicated server boots.
- TheNet:GenerateServerToken() now generates server_token.txt which is used for dedicated server authentication.
- Display more information when failing to start a server or join a game
- Fix crash when attacked by weaponless creatures (like Tentacle)
- Fixed bug with player ghost action picker
- Fix tree artwork for Totally Normal Tree and Spiky Tree
- Fixed a bug where beemines could still be picked up right after they are triggered
- Fix crash in vote kick when the player being voted leaves the server before the vote ends
January 20, 2015
- Clients download the host’s mod configs now.
- Client error messages are more clear now when they can’t join a server due to lacking the required mods.
- Servers now get announce messages when their mods are out of date and stopping players from joining.
- Dedicated servers can now enable mods and set mod configurations via a file in the mod’s folder named “modoverride.lua” (\mods\your_mod\modoverride.lua).
- In Survival mode, if a world reset countdown is triggered due to a client losing connection, the countdown may now be cancelled if the client reconnects in time
- Toggling the map screen no longer pauses audio
- Display message when games are delisted due to a terms of service violation
- Display UserID in the debug printout (backspace)
- Override dedicated server save slot in settings.ini with:
server_save_slot = #
- Examining skeletons will now properly show the player killer’s name
- Fixed a bug where players could still craft while frozen
- Fixed a bug where Crock Pots can sometimes remain opened while cooking
- Fixed inconsistent behavior when using sleeping bags with a full inventory
- Fixed a crash when taking an item from a Meat Bulb (Lureplant) that you already have a stack of
- Windows dedicated servers now share the CPU
- Added unique messages for client and server initialization failures
- No longer loads MainScreen on dedicated servers
- Fixed crash when a player joins during world generation
January 16, 2015
- Default behavior for giving items to other players is now the entire stack. Hold Control to give one at a time
- You will no longer trade items directly into another player’s active cursor, and the trade will cancel rather than dropping on the ground if their inventory is full
- Players can now right click to start cooking with a Crock Pot when it is closed and ready with ingredients
- When Steam goes offline, users who have played recently will be able to continue to log in, join and create online worlds during the outage
- Snapshots can now be enabled/disabled globally in the Settings screen. They can also be disabled per server in the Manage Server screen by setting the interval to OFF (0). If you had previously disabled snapshots through settings.ini this change will be preserved.
- Added [network] secure_listings = true/false as a settings.ini option. This is useful in some rare situations where unsecured requests are being redirected by an ISP/3rd party.
- Pressing [Enter] to chat no longer picks up the item under your mouse cursor
- Fixed a bug where the camera may end up zooming indefinitely
- Muted players’ chat will no longer show up over their heads
- Non-player entities, such as the Meat Bulb (Lureplant), will now drop inventory on death as expected
- Fixed a bug where Pig men were unable to find light sources at night
- Fixed some threading related connection issues.
- LAN servers ignore server_port override. This override broke LAN discoverability.
- Fixed server side only mods from being left enabled when clients join a server without the mod.
- Fix a rare crash when saving snapshots
- Force LAN servers to use the default port, LAN servers on the non-default port can not be discovered through the server browser.
January 14, 2015
- Fix reversed character description strings
- Fix client and server seeing different game modes on the scoreboard
- Fix beefalo heat set to none in world gen options not working correctly
- Fixed forcibly disconnected users not being cleaned up properly
- Fixed bug where sometimes fire effects are not cleaned up properly
January 13, 2015
- New player colors for player names and portrait borders have been added
- Shadow creature volume now scales according to visibility
- Added “-conf_dir <AlternativeConfigurationDirectory>” command line argument
- Fixed an issue where a generic disconnect message would be shown instead of the detailed message explaining the reason.
- Fixed an issue where joining Steam friends would fail from the main menu and Steam launcher
- Fix willow's ghost starting insanity fires
- Fix typos in bishop, rook and knight that could cause a crash in retargeting
- Move "Remote:" to the left of the console input widget
- Unlock DST characters even when going into offline mode
- Fix typo in Willow's inspect for grass
- Fix typo in WX's inspect for treeguards
- Use strings table instead of hardcoded backup value for invalid name in chatqueue
- Fix SetFocus crash in ScrollableList
- Fixed long stall in Mods screen when Steam is in Offline mode.
- Abigail now despawns properly when Wendy despawns in Wilderness mode
- Fixed a bug where entities sometimes do not go home when they should
- Fixed crashes when a player disconnects while sleeping
- Fixed some cases where items can be lost when a player disconnects
- Combining blowdart stacks on the ground no longer equips it
January 9, 2015
- Dynamic music is now enabled
- Added net_event network variable type (see netvars.lua)
- Added [network] settings.ini option to override dns settings
e.g. override_dns = 188.8.131.52,184.108.40.206
- Learning a recipe will now trigger a sound only for the player using the blueprint
- Fixed a rare crash when food spoils in your inventory
- Fixed a rare crash when a Pig Torch is destroyed before it’s Guard Pig is killed
- Fixed a bug where users would sometimes fail to authenticate when joining friends games through Steam.
- Fixed several situations where games would be unjoinable due to network timing issues
January 7, 2015
- Server listings now show if you have an existing character on that server
- You can now filter server listings by servers you already have a character on
- Server listing details now show what season and what day the world is on.
- Server listing details now have a button to view the world generation settings used for that world.
- Players joining a server where all players are dead now have a correct message on the world reset timer.
- Fix pressing ESC on world gen customization screen erroneously prompting you to discard changes when in view mode.
- Fix preset string never having "(Custom)" suffix when in view mode of world gen customization screen.
- Fixed broken custom mod left click actions.
- Shadow hands will appear properly for clients now.
- Fixed a memory leak in sound emitters.
- Fixed a bug where sounds are sometimes dropped on clients for newly spawned entities (e.g. spiders coming out to investigate).
- Restored Chester’s ability to morph.
- Fix crash that could happen when changing world gen options in a preset.
December 24, 2014
- Fixed wall pathfinding on clients
- Shadow Skittish hallucinations will appear properly for clients now
- Resolution switching fixed in full screen mode.
December 23, 2014
- People you have played with now appear in the Steam view players feature.
- Added a color cube effect for player ghosts.
- Game mode data has now been refactored into gamemodes.lua.
- Game modes can be added from mods via AddGameMode.
- Fixed bug where lightning flashes sometimes causes a permanently darkened screen
- Creepy Eyes and Shadow Watcher hallucinations will appear properly for clients now
- Maxwell Statue will appear properly for clients now
- Fixed crash when disabling mods that was caused by frontend assets not being reloaded. Future mods should refrain from overriding assets in the global prefab as they are unable to be unloaded when disabling mods.
December 17, 2014
- Notify users if they are running an unsupported version
- Reduced update frequency to the listing server
- Fixed a bug where some players were being assigned black or transparent color for their user name
- Removed unused_index code from client table
- Fixed blocking Curl requests
December 16, 2014
- Customization option for alternate beasts
- Removed resurrection items and recipes from Wilderness game mode
- Fixed bug where bush hat sometimes cancels immediately after it is activated
- Fixed bug where spiders sometimes fail to investigate in a timely fashion when a player walks onto creep
- Fixed memory leak in json parsing
Closed Beta (since October 3, 2014)
December 14, 2014
- Players can only be fed while they are idle
- Added ability to disable snapshots through settings.ini
- [network] enable_snapshots = false
- Speed improvements to the server listing screen:
- No longer ping servers you can’t join
- Populate ping field with cached ping result
December 12, 2014
- Inventory animation is now shown when players give you an item
- Added a new Wilderness game mode where player ghosts are disabled and players are spawned to random locations. Players are returned to the character select screen upon death.
- Fixed crash that occurs when a user joins a server during shutdown
- Fixed client crash when a container is open during a world reset
- Vote Kick option added to Player Status screen. Only available on dedicated servers when no remote admin is present. Currently disabled by default but can be enabled by changing VOTE_KICK_ENABLED in constants.lua
- Permission lists (blocklist.txt, adminlist.txt) now support lines containing User ID only, without requiring empty separator sections
- Block list now supports banning players by Steam ID in addition to User ID. Steam IDs can be manually added to the end of blocklist.txt, one per line.
- Improved download speed of server listings
- World reset can be cancelled by another live player spawning in, if the countdown was started upon resuming a server (e.g. Host was a ghost)
- Eating animation is now shown when players are fed
- Players can no longer be fed while sleeping
- Fix text offset for “Remote:” to allow for translation
- Fixed a bug where servers would not relist after a Steam outage
December 11, 2014
- Fixed issue causing a crash when failing to join a server (invalid password, wrong version, etc.)
- Added c_announce console command for servers
- Saving widget is now shown on clients
- GetWorld and GetPlayer return more details about where they are being called from
- Reduced network data overhead for entity construction
- Join a friends game through Steam friends interface
- Fixed crash on server when a player disconnects while sleeping
- Player skeletons will now show the correct description when examined repeatedly
- More accurate spider creep testing.
- Fixed crash shutting down servers
- Fixed details not loading in server listing screen
- Fixed crash clicking server mods in server listing screen
December 10, 2014
- Spiderqueen has become more fertile, to deal with the human threat.
- Ewecus focuses more on a single target.
- Hound spawning rebalance for multiplayer.
- Fixed disconnect on trying to auto-download more than one mod.
- Fixed client Physics errors that would sometimes cause desyncs
- Light from Miner Hat and Thermal Stone can now be seen by all clients
- Fixed weird hair sometimes when wearing hats.
- Fix crash in Spat when its target disappears
- Profile/Mute icons no longer show up for dedicated servers
- Optional adminlist.txt support added to allow remote administration of dedicated servers
- Fixed cropping issue when using the lua console in ‘execute’ mode
December 9, 2014
- Mod character avatar textures and atlases are now set via images/avatars/avatar_prefabname.xml and avatar_prefabname.tex.
- Many creatures will send out more defenders if you attack their homes.
- Maxwell's influence can now be found in newly generated worlds.
- More creatures have beefed up health for multiplayer.
- Add separate messages for creating and resuming offline worlds.
- Reduced network data overhead.
- Abigail now stays with Wendy even after she dies.
- Abigail’s flower now displays correctly for Wendy in containers.
- Abigail’s flower will not bloom if it is held by or placed on the ground by any character other than Wendy.
- Armor will no longer load with greater than 100% durability.
- TheNet:LookupPlayerInstByUserID is now fault tolerant and will return nil if the player is not connected or out of range (client only).
- Survival mode will now persist after world reset (rather than reverting to endless mode)
- Server settings will now persist after world reset in survival mode
- Ewecus will be unfrozen by attacking it
- Players can no longer craft items while stuck by Ewecus
- Fixed a bug in the server selection screen that made it difficult to join a server while refreshing
- Fixed SaveIndex:Load crash when joining some servers
- Fixed bug where clients can stay in game after getting kicked, banned or dropped.
- Fixed crash when trying to join expired servers
December 5, 2014
- Temporarily disabled Steam “join on friend” feature
- Fixed incompatible version filtering
- Talking no longer cancels bush hat
- Added warning on mutually exclusive flags in mod’s modinfo.lua.
- Mods list now displays version mismatch message when it can’t display the list.
- Reduce the size of RPC packets
- Increase health of many of the "fight" creatures.
- Copy over the Deerclops Freezing Hit from RoG.
- Players can now be Frozen.
- Fix helmet/armor absorption stacking so it's not so powerful.
- Improve stunlocking so that multiple players can't trivially pin down a target.
- Increase armor absorption, but decrease durability instead.
- Increase player base attack value back to original value.
- Objects and creatures with names will display properly when clients mouse over them.
- Clients can now cancel bush hat by unequipping the hat or by moving
- Players can no longer move around the world after they’ve already been disconnected.
- Fixed certain spots on the ground that were incorrectly blocking deployables and plantables.
- Hounds will not try to follow ghost players
- If Steam Overlays are disabled, VisitURL opens an external browser
- Fixed a crash in the server listing screen when refreshing
- Fixed crashes that occurred when a client joined a server and didn’t have/wasn’t able to download the required mods.
December 4, 2014
- Make it so you can take only one copy of each character specific item out of the server with you (and zero copies if the character specific item is for a different character).
- Make haunted spiders always drop glands.
- Add whisper to the chat log for players within range at the time of sending.
- Adding dst_compatible = true to a mod’s modinfo.lua file now prevents compatibility warnings from showing up when enabling a mod.
- Add support for custom mod characters to specify their avatar texture and atlas. This avatar will appear in the player status screen as well as in the target indicator. In the character prefab’s common_postinit function, you can specify these via:
- inst.avatar_tex = "avatar_charactername.tex"
- inst.avatar_atlas = "images/avatars/avatar_charactername.xml"
- inst.avatar_ghost_tex = "avatar_ghost_charactername.tex"
- inst.avatar_ghost_atlas = "images/avatars/avatar_ghost_charactername.xml"
- Fix cancel tip widget strings to not assume English syntax.
- Fix for player badge crash when playing with modded characters.
- Fix LAN mode not being saved properly.
- Minor optimizations to RPC calls.
December 3, 2014
- Auto-subscribe to server mods option added to options screen. Defaults to false.
- Added “<” and “>” characters to chat input
- AddAction now backwards compatible with old api.
- Items with the “irreplaceable” tag will now drop from your inventory, unless they are your own character specific items, when you disconnect.
- Adding client_only_mod = true to a mod’s modinfo.lua file now prevents client only mods from showing up in the server's mod list.
- Abigail can no longer be dispelled with one hit by players other than the owner
- Host player is no longer immune to all Abigail auras
- Tentacles will no longer target invisible entities
- Fixed ghost badge not showing up sometimes when joining a Survival game in progress
- Fixed crash sometimes when hammering an occupied bird cage
- Fixed hard crash when refreshing server listings
- Fixed issue causing long running servers to disappear from the server listing
- Fixed crash sometimes when loading a saved game
December 2, 2014 - Stuck in the Middle with Ewe
- Added a timer to Survival Mode that starts when all players are dead. A new world will generate with the same settings when it expires. Survival Mode differs from Endless Mode, where in the latter the world never resets.
- Added a Jury-Rigged Portal.
- Added the Ewecus.
- Added the Varg.
- Added Wendy as a fully supported character.
- Added the ability to search for servers.
- Added server tags.
- Added the ability to only play with people from one's Steam Friend's list.
- Added support for LAN/Offline Mode.
- Steam Workshop was enabled.
- Added Automatic Mod Handling.
- Added Mod Uploader.
- Items with the “nonpotatoable” tag (i.e. things that can’t be taken through the Teleportato) will now drop from a player's inventory when they disconnect.
- Telltale Heart recipe, health penalty, and description changed.
- WX-78 will now lose its upgrades on death and drop a random number of gears based on its level.
- Server name is now limited to 80 characters.
- Account creation now uses the embedded Steam overlay browser.
- Reduce network data for sound events.
- Log file will now display more info when dumping a stack trace.
- AddAction and AddComponentAction changed to work with multiple mods.
- Game now pauses on a Lua assert.
- Removed LuaSocket (for mod safety).
- Improved sandboxing (for mod safety).
- Resurrection health penalties are now saved correctly.
- Fires started by Willow’s low sanity can now be seen by all clients.
- Announcements now use the correct player colors.
- Fixed inconsistent behavior when spamming attack controls.
- Fixed occasional hang on world load when it is raining.
- Fixed LAN characters sometimes not resuming properly.
- Unjoinable servers will no longer appear in the server list.
- Fixed various components not going to sleep when their entity goes to sleep.
- Optimized networking code sleepcheck.
- All “logging in” strings moved to strings.lua.
- Fixed issue with crashes that occurred in coroutines not being correctly handled.
- Fixed issue where hound wave could start immediately if the world was started and ticked without any player spawned.
- Fixed sanity animations on server.
- Fixed Abigail crash on dedicated servers
- Fixed a bug that would prevent players from joining dedicated servers with only one free slot
- Fixed a crash in penguin herd
November 28, 2014
- Fixed an issue causing Don’t Starve Together to occasionally crash when loading into a world.
November 26, 2014
- The “Manage Bans” screen has become the Server Administration screen
- Added automatic snapshotting of world state based on the daily autosave. The interval between snapshots (in days) and maximum number of simultaneous snapshots can be configured per world. Snapshots can be managed in the Server Administration screen.
- Opening the pause menu, map, or chat bar no longer cancels movement
- Players can no longer feed or give items to ghosts (except for the Telltale Heart)
November 24, 2014
- Fixed issue where player profiles did not correctly load
- Fixed issue where server listing may not refresh correctly
- Fixed crash sometimes when haunting
- Fixed combat timing bugs
November 21, 2014
- Renamed “Ban List” to “Manage Bans”
- Fixed physics bug when jumping out of wormholes
- Fixed slow camera shake from distant meteor showers
- Fixed various traps to not assert on dedicated servers and to act on the correct player on non dedicated servers.
- Client movement prediction for player ghosts
- Clients now have support for camera shakes
- Improve meteor shower tuning (less stuff will accrue over time, which will reduce performance issues)
- Add support for mod chars in playerbadge and targetindicator
- Optimized network packet size
- Player bans are now persistent rather than being cleared on shutdown. They can be managed through a new screen accessible from the server hosting screen, or by editing blocklist.txt (in the save folder) directly.
- Fix bug where players will not stop sliding if they were revived while moving
- Fix bug where clients may rubberband if the pause menu, map, or chat bar is opened while the player is moving
- Fix missing name on some boulders spawned by meteors
- Fix server listing refresh button not graying out properly
- Fix assert when trying to spawn pengulls after a player left
November 17, 2014
- Feeding is now fully supported on clients
- Feeding on PVP-disabled servers is restricted to non-harmful foods (health and sanity)
- Optimized network serialization and deserialization
- Reduced number of network packets being sent as well as overhead per packet
- Add meteor spawners (burnt mark icon: density in the world of meteor showers) and meteor showers (meteor icon: frequency of actual showers) to the world gen customization options
- Meteors of different sizes now do different amounts of work to entities near impact point
- Clients can now interrupt their emote animations by moving or performing another action
- Disabled Steam Cloud because it caused the game not to save properly. This may cause your saved worlds to become invisible(*).
- Correct actions are now shown on mouseovers for clients
- Fixed bug where spawn point may change when a server is resumed (requires generating a new world)
- Fixed item dupe bug when disconnecting with an item on your cursor
- Fixed bug where sometimes not all items in your inventory drop upon death
- Fixed McTusk and hunting party duplication issue
- Fixed assert with members of hunting party going to sleep at unanticipated moments.
- Fixed a number of stale component references that would ultimately lead to asserts.
- Fixed some badge avatars for ghosts not adhering to naming conventions.
- Fixed a case that causes clients to sometimes get stuck in desync
- Fixed bug where lightning can hit WX-78 even when lightning rods are around
November 7, 2014
- Fixed bug where some actions would stop responding to mouse clicks
- Fixed rare crash with Deerclops
- Reduce CPU overhead with ping requests
November 6, 2014
- The minimap is now treated as a proper front end screen.
- Add support to the scoreboard screen for servers > 4 players.
- Increase max number of players to on a server to 6.
- Move the setting for max number of players for server-creation to the tuning.lua file.
- Variable is called MAX_SERVER_SIZE.
- Make food with negative health values only give-able (not feed-able) when PvP is off.
- Fixed bug in Willow’s talking animation
- Fixed clients sometimes desyncing when running against the edge of the world
- Fix crash when mods are enabled and no mods exist in the mods directory.
- Fix server details and mods list not being refreshed after user has clicked on report server or view mods.
November 5, 2014 - ...In with the New
- Add Wolfgang as an officially supported character.
- Add meteor showers and associated resources and craftable.
- Add slash commands (emotes).
- Add Slash Command binding. Pressing [ / ] (default) will bring up chat with a “/” already entered.
- Add ability to feed other players directly (rather than giving them food that goes into their inventory).
- Add an indication of the host’s performance to the scoreboard screen.
- Add an icon that appears in the top left when you (as a client) get desynced.
- Add ability to join friends’ games via Steam (right click on their name in your Steam Friends list and click “Join game”) while already in a game or when Don’t Starve Together isn’t open.
- Added Ban button to the scoreboard screen. Bans reset when the server restarts.
- Added main menu widget to show login progress.
- Add hover text for all details icons in the server browser.
- Add friends icon to the server browser details column (appears for games hosted by Steam Friends).
- Add filter for servers hosted by Steam Friends to the server browser screen.
- Add mods icon to the server browser details column.
- Add button to display list of mods enabled on a server to the server detail panel.
- Add a warning when joining a modded server.
- Add a list of mods enabled on the server to the bottom of the scoreboard screen.
- Make default world size large for all presets.
- Version mismatch between you and servers will make that server’s listing red on the server browser screen.
- Increase PvP damage to .5 of normal (up from .25).
- Increase distance between hunts that happen simultaneously.
- MODS_ENABLED is now defined in settings.ini (which can be found in the Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether folder). To enable mods, open settings.ini and delete the “#” before the “MODS_ENABLED = true” line.
- Change the chat font to match the characters’ dialog font.
- Make the disconnected message for players who have been kicked more informative.
- Put server name in report prompt.
- Make server browser and creation screens say Back not Cancel.
- Add new animation for exiting wormholes.
- Make the default player color gray (rather than using one of the colors in the set of player colors).
- Flattened the folder architecture: the DLC0002 folder is gone.
- Improve combat responsiveness on clients.
- Improve bug net responsiveness on clients.
- Optimize netcode.
- Improve (local game’s) performance.
- Fix a crash that could happen with workable things getting haunted and breaking.
- Fix crash that would occur when joining incompatible servers: now handled with a could-not-connect dialog.
- Add missing characters to the (chat and character dialog) font.
- WX-78’s upgrades are no longer capped at 255 (health: 400, hunger: 200, sanity: 300).
- WX-78 now properly saves upgrades and overcharge state.
- Prevent a currently-haunted thing from doing its haunt reaction again.
- Fix client visual artifacts when digging up/placing turf.
- Fix insanity monsters flickering on client when host is insane.
- Fix erroneous hunt-failed announcement dialog.
- Fix capital and lowercase server names with the same start getting sorted separately.
- Fix animation issues that would occur sometimes after a client stops moving.
- Fix sounds sometimes playing out of sync with their animation for clients.
- Fix clients hearing double footsteps.
- Fix sound not playing on character select screen.
- Fix tallbird egg using wrong anim after being cooked.
October 28, 2014
- Simple account ban messaging. Notify users who have been globally banned from Don’t Starve Together for breaking our terms of service.
- Ignore crash reports from games that are not authenticated.
- Crash reports from games running with mods now include details about the mods that were enabled.
- Fixed graphical glitches with fishing
- Disable revealing minimap as ghost
- Fixed crash bug at server shutdown
- Fixed minor memory leak in networking
- Fixed crash when trying to use fallback haunt shader
- Fixed hounds permanently howling and not attacking
October 23, 2014
- Moved report server button to the left hand side of the server listing screen
- View Steam profiles from the player status screen
- Filter out old incompatible servers from the server listings page
- Note: You may see an empty server listing right after the patch goes live, this means no one is currently running a compatible server. We will address this in a future patch.
- Fix crash sometimes when two people haunt the same object
- Fix crash sometimes when haunting a workable object
- Fix crash on player status screen
- Make report button use actual server name in prompt
- Fix crash when two people use drying rack at the same time
- Fix crash when igniting explosives such as gunpowder
- Disable player controller when minimap is up
- You can now properly rotate minimap
- Fixed WX sparks sometimes showing at the wrong position
- Fix bug where clients would sometimes drop animations
October 21, 2014
- Scoreboard now shows players’ correct ages
- Improved reliability of accounts and server broadcasting
- View server description in-game
- Increased minimap reveal radius
- Fixed map and camera button tooltips to reference their correct key bindings
- Fixed crash when shift-clicking blowdarts in containers
- Fixed bug where client actions were being incorrectly dropped by the server
- Implemented fallback to the haunt shaders for graphics cards that don’t support them
- Fixed bug where player badge is broken for some characters on the scoreboard
- Fixed target indicator to support mod characters
- Fixed bug where clients sometimes crash when the host shuts down the server
- Fixed animation bug when transitioning between player and ghost
October 17, 2014
- Added a scoreboard screen.
- Shows server name and server day.
- Shows player’s characters, color, days survived and ping.
- Host can kick players.
- All players can mute other players’ chat messages (known bug: mute only mutes global chat, not chat displayed above heads).
- Set TAB key bound to show Scoreboard (hold to display). Control is bindable.
- Set M key bound to show Map display (toggle display). Control is bindable.
- Add a widget to the top left corner of the front end that displays if you’re connected to Steam.
- Display a “left game” message when someone leaves the server.
- Disable the Refresh button on the server browser screen while a search is in progress.
- Fix event announcer widget moving around the screen when the window gets resized.
- Fix a server creation screen crash with server data having a nil day.
- Fix a crash that would occur if you plugged a controller in after startup.
- Fix players sometimes turning their back after picking up an object.
- Fix crash from haunting Mactusk’s hounds.
October 8, 2014
- Server passwords are now limited to alphanumeric characters
- Fix crash in inventorybar for some players loading into game
- Heat rock needs to go to level 4 heat before it can degrade so oscillation doesn't happen during fall
- Fixed hard crash when steam goes down
- Fixed melee combat range issue
- Fixed server crash when a ghost disconnects
- Fixed clock hover string at dusk
- Book crafting is now available for Wickerbottom on clients as well as on host
- All players will now receive their proper starting inventory when starting a new character (e.g. Willow’s lighter)
- Fix soundemitter crash when haunting certain objects
- Fixed server browser lua crash when changing filters with an empty list
- Fix tilde bringing up the console while in chat mode
- Removed mandrakes from build as they are currently unsupported
- Removed unsupported world sizes from generation options
- Fixed crash from picking up staff at hounds set piece
- Fixed crash from crafting a tooth trap
- Fix crash when inspecting a compass
- Fix crash when re-joining a server that has pigs with hats
- Fix crash when haunting blowdarts
- Ice and blood UI overlay fixes for client
- Disable spawning of unsupported items from generation options ( chess pieces, mandrake and caves )
- Improved stability for starting or resuming on a world with slower connections
- Fixed screen flash when spawning into a game
October 7, 2014
- Fixed issue with too many chesters appearing on map.
- Fixed issue with characters sometimes going invisible when punching
- Fix for authentication on some systems
- Improved reliability of network data for slower connections
- Resolved crash issue when signing up for account.