May 24th, 2019
- Cannon shots will detonate after 3 seconds, in case they get stuck on things.
- Controller players will now properly get an ‘eat’ action prompt as well with edible plantable items
- Fixed a crash with shadow hands in non Hamlet games.
- Fixed a crash with pig trading.
- Fixed a crash with the twister.
- Fixed a crash with volcanomanager.
- Hopefully fixed rare but severe render glitch where everything in the world would start flickering in and out of existence.
- Fix for bug where minimap would not start to uncover until you had looked at minimap
- Fix for all items on minimap being visible in non-Hamlet worlds
- Gnat mounds will maintain their worked state between save and load
- Gnats will wait to rebuild their nest properly.
Balance and game play changes
- The Vortex cloak doesn’t drain sanity constantly now, instead it does sanity damage to the character relative to how much damage it absorbs.
- Pig town lawn ornaments and hedges now available in the City craft tab.
- Shadow Hands will reach fires in interiors.
- Fix rain ambient sounds on umbrella hats being played in interiors
- Wagstaff’s equipped items won’t be all grey now after taking off the infoggles
- Bosses should no longer spawn in interiors.
- Wheeler’s save slot image smirks.
- Fixed player being stuck in godmode after traveling to a Skyworthy/Seaworthy
- Fixed inspect string for "Pig Skin?"
- Fixed rare crash to desktop when shift-clicking items in container with full inventory
- Fixed broken minimap rendering in vampirebatcaves.
- Only Wheeler can have her navigadget and air horn.
- Windy Conch will summon wind in Hamlet
- Old Bell will not call the bigfoot indoors
- Frog rain won’t fall indoors.
- Loot acquired from creating a door on a wall where a wall ornament is will less likely spawn in a wall.
- Woodlegs and Walani can craft their nautical items in Hamlet.
- Volcano eruption shouldn't impact interiors anymore.
- Spider Monkey Trees can use dense turf.
- Fixed a rare crash when a character is nearsighted and tries to look at something.
- Fixed missing art in Wormwood’s arm chop.
- Fixed the working music to not skip back to the start.
- Pigs will accept trade just after they have eaten now.
- Fixed art for burnt cocooned trees.
- Fixed sleeping pig guard examine string.
- WX can eat gears again after using the living artifact now.
- Hamlet craftable turf isn't leaky anymore.
May 17th, 2019
- Hamlet gets a Teleportato
- The Living Artifact charging sound will no longer be active if it runs out while charging a shot
- Fixed the Bramble Trap placer art
- Fixed a bug where the Wheeler Tracker and Trusty Shooter slot background would disappear
- The correct DLC icon now shows up when creating a Hamlet world using the Skyworthy in Shipwrecked
- Using the Skyworthy to go to a Hamlet world now allows you to merge with old Hamlet saves
- Crafting the tellebrela in Vanilla no longer crashes the game
- Fixed Seaworthy boarding animation
- Unequipping infrogoggles in DS Vanilla no longer resets the day phase
- Fixed a crash when trying to spawn the Herald inside an interior
- Living artifact’s pulse sound works properly now.
- Sea/Skyworthy should now properly work in interiors
- Sea/Skyworthy should now properly work in caves and volcano
- Seaworthy will now try to travel to Seaworthy, Skyworthy to Skyworthy (existing worthies will need to be saved once for this to succeed)
- Fixed a problem with Wagstaff’s idle animation in an ROG compatible world.
- Hounds no longer spawn while the player is in an interior
- Sprinkler placer shows the range of the sprinkler spray, not the range it needs to be to a water source now.
- Items blown onto the clouds will now disappear
- Fixed Wagstaff's blur with low insanity when distortion is enabled.
- Fixed infinite-light-in-interior exploit for boat torch, boat lantern and bottle lantern.
- Fixed craft-tabs prototype-ready alert when ingredient goes into a backpack
- Updated Wheeler’s character select images with her smirk.
May 15th, 2019
- Fixed a save/load bug that would cause duplicate dung balls
- Fixed a couple crashes on the Wheeler Tracker and Trusty Shooter
- Fixed an ant queen crash
- The mant suit durability should be consistent now
- Added the irreplaceable tag to the Executive Hammer and Key to the City
- Fixed a bug that caused multiple Ro Bins to be created.
- Fixed a bug where the Trusty Shooter and the Wheeler Tracker slot would show up after equipping a backpack
- Fixed a rare crash at world startup
May 14th, 2019 - Official Release
- Wheeler added to Hamlet DLC.
- Ancient Hulk added to Hamlet DLC.
- New rooms and doors added to the renovation crafting tab.
- Wagstaff added to all versions.
- Wagstaff doesn't announce when another creature puts on one of his goggles
- Don't activate the color change when another creature puts on the Fryfocals
- Disable map when Living Artifact is active
- Fixed a crash when playing adventure mode as Wagstaff and reaching the final chapter
- Fixed player telelocating into interiors.
- Fixed Depth Worm inspect quotes
- Fixed issue in interiors that could result in two rooms occupying the same location*
- Wheeler will no longer get stuck in God Mode after Dodging
- Fixed a crash when players click an empty Trusty Shooter slot
- Miscellaneous tunings on the Aporkalypse
*The bugfix in the player interiors needed a fixup that in case of detected errors will relocate the offending rooms and removes any doors that connected to the offending rooms - the player is reimbursed the cost of the doors. If you notice missing doors in your house, this is why.
May 9th, 2019
Rev. Beta 332790
- The uncharged shot is not blocked by the world edge anymore
- Fixed jittery forest canopy shadow on clouds
- Improved controller support for bug-report screen
- Gunpowder used by the Blunderbuss no longer shows up at 0,0
- Fixed some animation issues with the living artifact
- Miscellaneous string fixes
- Fixed a crash on the Navigadget when entering interiors
May 8th, 2019
Rev. 332388 (Beta 332395)
- Fixed minimap icons for Ro-bin and saltlick
- Fixed a rare crash in werepigbrain.lua
- Fixed rare crash with tuber trees
- Fixed inability to inspect boats in Hamlet compatible worlds
- Made it easier to hammer structures when inside a boat
- Fixed bug where birds would stop spawning
- Taking off the shamlet mask won't give entities the "monster" tag if they didn't have it to begin with
- Webber's Shamlet mask will now show up as the first craftable item in the dress tab
- Shamlet mask now works as an open top hat
Beta specific fixes
- Wheeler can now dodge with a controller
- Wheeler can now use the Trusty Shooter and Navigadget with a controller
- Entities inside interiors should not get snow-covered
- Fixed a potential crash and some bad picks in Wagstaff's nearsightedness name randomizer
- Fixed crash when entering an interior on the volcano
- Fixed crash when using spyglass in interior
- Wagstaff now really should have the Pretty Parasol recipe available
- Added Wheeler's dodge values to tuning.lua to make it accessible for modders
- Updated the Trusty Shooter tier damage list and moved it to tuning.lua
- It is now possible to telelocate mobs into, out of, and between interiors
- Fixed a bug in the player interiors that could lead to misplaced rooms, causing infinitely looping rooms* The bugfix in the player interiors needed a fixup that in case of detected errors will remove the offending doors (not rooms) and will reimburse players the cost of those doors. If you notice missing doors in your house, this is why.
- Wagstaff's infroggles now work in caves
- The Aporkalypse is now only endless the first time around
- Added the Living Artifact
- The Ant Queen Chambers now have a minimap
- Items shot by the Trusty Shooter no longer show up at 0,0
- Items shot by the Trusty Shooter can no longer be picked up in the air
- Wheeler no longer gets the "Dodge" prompt while on a boat or riding a beefalo
- Using the trusty shooter on a boat no longer causes problems
- Moved the UI for the trusty shooter and navigadget so it doesn’t interfere with boat UI anymore
- Fixed multiple miscellaneous string problems
April 29th, 2019
Rev. Beta 329526
- Wheeler's life is set to 100
- Wheeler has 12 inventory slots
- Wheeler's dodge has been polished up, and should be easier to use, especially while running.
- Wheeler has a 5% speed boost
- Every empty inventory slot gives an extra 1% speed boost
- Trusty Shooter tiers have been tuned
- No changes to the NaviGadget
- Her graphics have been polished
April 25th, 2019
Rev. Beta 328894
- Added the missing Wagstaff Mount files to fix a crash when trying to play Wagstaff on a non Hamlet compatible world
April 24th, 2019
Rev. 327761 (Beta ?)
- Burnable but insulated items won't burn from lightning strikes
- Crashed balloon can be inspected
- Spider monkey uses correct damage (watchout!)
- Fixed some layering issues with the navigadget
- Robot parts and cork chest minimap icons fixed.
Beta specific fixes
- The telebrella can be used as a weapon (but you probably don't want to)
- The telebrella can be used as an umbrella (but you probably don't want to)
- Wagstaff can investigate and use the telebrella while mounted
- Wagstaff goggles re-exported for character res.
- Wheeler now has 15 inventory slots and receives a 1% speed boost for each empty inventory space + a natural 10%
- The last ammo on the Trusty Shooter now also deals damage
- Reduced Wheeler's dodge cool down to 1.5 seconds
- Optimized the search area of the Navigadget to reduce lag
- Wheeler's Trusty Shooter can now take full stacks instead of just 6 items and can take all items as long as they're not alive or irreplaceable.
- Tuned the Trusty Shooter damage
- Added the irreplaceable tag to the Trusty Shooter, Navigadget and Wilba's Silver Necklace
Edit: Pushed an update to fix a crash due to a missing comma in the speech files.
April 19th, 2019
Rev. 327766 (Beta 327761)
- Fixed desync issues in Aporkalypse clock
- Aporkalypse clock now shows the proper animation when saved during aporkalypse
- You can't plant lureplant bulbs and jungle trees inside anymore
- Fixed an animation glitch when Wilba returns from werepigism.
Beta specific fixes
- Fixed Wagstaff and Wheeler’s art resolution
- Ancient Hulk’s defeat will re-robot the world correctly now.
- The Roc doesn’t like Wagstaff’s telebrella when he activates it.
- The new flooring and wallpapers are now also available outside Hamlet
- Fixed crash when planting a spiderden in an interior
- Wagstaff's armored visor now also shows the overlay on reload
- Fixed the potential massive slowdown when using rocks in the navigadget
- The navigadget now activates when it is equipped on load.
- The Parasol is always available to Wagstaff
- Roads now properly respond to Wagstaff's heat vision
April 18th, 2019
Rev. Beta 327549
- Optimized Wheeler’s tracker when searching lootdropper tables
- Fixed UI bug when equipping a backpack or entering a boat with Wheeler’s tracker or weapon equipped
- Wagstaff can craft an Electrical Doodad in Vanilla DS
- Added Wheeler’s minimap image
- Updated the wheeler tracker inventory image
- Added a background to wheeler’s tracker and trusty shooter slot
- Wheeler is actually invincible for the duration of her dodge now
- Fixed some icons for 2 new renovation wallpapers
Rev. 327257 (Beta 327391)
- Fixed potential assert on earthquake in anthill.
- Fixed code that tried to place out of bounds blue sow and truffle back in its room
- Worldgen occasionally generates an unreachable area. It should now be accessible through a wormhole
- Fixed aporkalypse clock blocking interaction with suspicious crack on north wall
- It's now possible to drop items on carpets and the aporkalypse clock.
- Improved craft-tabs to more accurately chime and highlight to reflect changes
- Fixed glitch where aporkalypse clock was sometimes missing on the minimap
Beta Specific Features
- Added Wheeler
- Added Wagstaff
- Added the Ancient Hulk
- Added some new wall and floor textures to the Renovate Tab.
Beta Specific Fixes
- Fixed bug where anthills could end up without a way out.
April 12th, 2019
Rev. 325192 (Beta 325200)
- Carpets should no longer block interactions with items placed upon them
- Fixed placers for interior objects when using controller
- Crafting menu now supports multiple active crafting stations
Beta Specific Fixes
- Fixed possible crash when trading with pigmen in worlds outside Hamlet
- Fixed interior decorating tab showing up at (0,0,0)
- Fixed typo causing a potential assert on load
- Improvements to the player house interior minimap
April 5th, 2019
Rev. Beta 322786
Beta Specific Fixes
- Can trade with pigs in all worlds
- Ruin interiors should not be flipped on the horizontal axis anymore
- Fixed various issues related to player interior crafting
- Fixed a cause for mysterious cracks mysteriously opening themselves
- Hidden doors no longer reveal when an earthquake happens in another room
April 1st, 2019
Rev. 321263 (Beta 321299)
- Fixed armor sometimes getting stuck at 1% durability
- Can’t build city pig buildings inside interiors.
- Fixed Startup crash on Linux
- Vortex Cloak can be refueled in all worlds.
Beta Specific Fixes
- Weather won’t show indoors in ROG or SW worlds.
- Construction and Demolition permits now show up in interior crafting tab
March 29th, 2019
Rev. 320788 (Beta 320854)
- Fixed the overspawning thunderbird_fx item.
- Fixed the odd drumstick art on the drying rack.
- Fixed missing worldgen customisation images when hopping from Shipwrecked to Hamlet.
- Splumonkey’s loot fixed
- Fixed the busted Seaworthy
- Flowers won’t grow indoors.
Beta Specific Fixes
- Fixed case where mining a pillar could cause crashes and other instability
March 28th, 2019 - Interiors Beta Branch
- Fixed the hammered art of the City Hall
- Fixed a crash when loading some worlds.
Latest patch here with an invitation to beta test some new features.
We’ve been working on improving performance and have a few changes that should make things better. This should particularly help with severe lag in interiors. But some of the backend changes are larger than we are comfortable to just deploy. We have set up a beta branch that people can go to and help us test out the changes.
An added benefit of some of the changes, is that the interior system has opened up to the other worlds, not just Hamlet worlds. So if you bring the Key to the City, you can build a pig city in the forest or even on a tropical island. I’m sure there’s some interactions with all this stuff we haven’t predicted yet, so having some more people playing with it will be helpful.
We’ve also put player craftable doors in the home decor tab. Once you’ve build a door in your house, you can use a Construction Permit on it to create an attached room.
To access the beta branch:
- Go to the BETAS tab in the Don’t Starve Properties dialogue.
- Enter the code: dsinteriorbeta and press the CHECK CODE button.
- Select hamet_interors - Hamlet Interior upgrade beta from the drop down.
- Your game will then update to the new beta branch.
This branch uses separate save files from your regular base game. You can make a copy of your base game save files in the beta branch by using the console command: TheSim:ImportSave()
Your save files will remain unchanged in your regular branch.
You can return to the regular branch by going to the same BETAS tab and selecting the drop down: NONE - Opt out of all beta programs.
Thank you in advance for everyone who heads in there to play. We plan to run the beta for 2 weeks if everything runs as planned.
- New craftable Vortex Cloak added. You'll need to find a blueprint.
- Cost of Root Trunk change, + 1 Flytrap stalk.
- Houndius Shootius doesn't lose its base anymore when placed in an interior
- Spawn player skeleton in right interior when player dies and gets resurrected
- Jellyfish Jerky doesn’t show up as floating in water anymore when dropped on the ground
- Fixed Ball Pein Hammer durability loss inconsistency when using spacebar
- Fixed missing crafting description for The Sty Oddities Emporium
- Lily Pads now show the correct examination text
- The Collector Pig no longer accepts idols for trade.
- Florist does not ask for Plop anymore
- Fixed examination strings for Queen Malfalfa
- Fixed punctuation in Wormwood's character description
- Hammering a spoiled fish in inventory drops loot now
- Fixed a number of prefabs that were plantable on water where they shouldn’t
- Perishable items that rot in an interior now properly spawn rot in that interior
- Fixed multiple pig scepters showing up in the world.
- Added sounds to the Aporkalypse Clock
- All blueprints from the tinker shop can be learned in Hamlet
March 19th, 2019
- Fixed potential crash when picking up poop
- Fixed a crash when trading with the pig mechanic shop keeper
- Hounds tooth tradeable. For real.
March 18th, 2019
- Fix for the full screen bug.
- Root Trunk and Dense Turf made using a Bramble Bulb
- Tinker Shop added to newly generated words (and available through the Key To The City in previously existing worlds)
- Revived the Ornaments tab for interior decorating
- Fixed a bug when the salt lick is hammered
- Fixed a bug with werewoodie and werewilba still attracting Gnats at night.
- Fixed a bug where the pugalisk would be locked trying to freeze elephant cacti.
- Fixed a bug with Wormwood’s brambe armor and pig men.
- Fixed brain of thought not showing Volcanic tab in Hamlet compatible Shipwrecked world
- Fixed rare assert when creatures tried to run away from you in interiors
- Fixed crash when glowfly is hit by a sealnado
- Fixed rare assert when season lengths were adjusted
- Fixed rare assert when using speargun in Hamlet compatible world
- Hounds tooth is tradeable now
- Increased the number of sound channels to reduce audio glitches
- Fixed another cause of ending up on the clouds when exiting a building that was close to the edge of the land
- Fixed a problem with working music not playing after jungle or ruins music
- Hamlet world "log" inventory image fixed
- Fixed the fight music in lush season
- Fixed an assert when dropping rainbow jellyfish in Hamlet's water
- Made the collision on the land edges one-sided (so that it's easy to fix the situation if you find yourself on the other side for some reason)
- The light from items burning in your inventory now follows you when moving between interiors
- The Seaworthy and Skyworthy can be hammered. Seaworthy can now be crafted in a Shipwrecked world.
- Fixed a bug that caused Piko spawning trees to stop being Piko spawning trees after a save. New worlds will behave properly. Old worlds have tea trees in the Piko spawn areas set to be Piko spawners, so results may vary a bit.
- A hammered drying rack won't drop a raw item after it's been harvested.
- Roc won't pick up a dead player now.
- Fixed crash to desktop when placing certain kinds of turf in specific configurations
- Floating shelf now has an icon in the interior crafting tab
February 27th, 2019
- Pig Shops,houses and guard towers also snap to grid when placed.
- Cleaned up the art of the pig city item placers. (removed snow and fiesta art)
- Fix for the crash when approaching volt goats.
- Nettle plants don't reset when they become dry now but they take a little longer to re-bloom.
- Added Salt Lick to all versions.
- Glowfly cocoons still around after the Humid season will expire.
- Fixed some causes of Mant overpopulation.
- Fixed Warrior Mants sometimes disappearing or not properly returning to regular Mant.
- Added a one-time cleanup for surplus Mants and glowflies as a result of previous bugs
- Fixed assert when glowflies are killed by spear traps
- Fixed use of telelocator staff without focus in Hamlet
- Light from windows does not block mouse clicks anymore
- DLC compatibility popup can now be navigated with joypad
- Smelter now shows the correct icon on the minimap
- The City Lamp placer snaps to the grid like the actual lamps do
- Fixed potential assert when loading bats
- Fixed potential assert when loading gnats (Dr Seuss calling)
February 19th, 2019
- Rabid Beetles now have about a one day lifespan once hatched
- Pig Bankers no longer accept Purple Gems. Their magic is too dark.
- It is no longer possible to steal items from locked pedestals
- Telestaff can be used from inside to outside and vice versa now
- Fixed the draw order of regrowable vines - they were sometimes drawn behind the door.
- Slurper can slurp Werewilba, but won’t remove her fur. Also, her fur won’t slip off when wet.
- Fixed a rare assert when entering the world customization screen.
- Gnats (and other light seekers) won’t consider Woodie and Wilba lights in were form.
- Cave flowers wont light up if they have been picked when they “wake up”
- Fixed a problem with Vampire Bats not showing up in the caves when asleep.
February 13th, 2019
- Fix assert on world customization screen for people who had presets derived from “Default Plus”
- Wormwood has an extra (short) anim when poop healing.
- Compost Wrap heals Wormwood for more now.
- Each world type (DS/ROG/SW/HAM) now has its own set of worldgen presets (to prevent incompatible presets from being applied)
- Werewilba won’t be groggy in the humid season from her body hair anymore.
- Werewilba can now eat food by selecting it and clicking on Wilba with it
- Thunderbirds shouldn't unfairly target players anymore and ignore lightning rods at times.
- Uncatchable Glowflies fixed.
- Fix for the disappearing trawlnet (when full) in Shipwrecked
- Werewilba’s health gets properly set on load
- Werewilba can now Spelunk caves in Vanilla and RoG
- Wilba no longer turns into Werewilba when removing the Silver Necklace after a full moon
- Drying racks that burn will produced cooked versions of their item if they can cook, otherwise they will spawn a burning version of the item if they can burn.
- Walking sticks and stalks can burn now.
- Hammered dry racks will drop their item.
- It should not be possible anymore to generate a world without seasons.
- Wormwoods planted seeds will continue to grow after a load.
- Werewilba’s light won’t go out when she’s struck by lightning now.
- Falling things should not stay on top of a ruins fountain now.
- Cleaned up some decoration conflicts with pig ruins generation.
February 11th, 2019
- Known seeds will now grant Wormwood sanity boost like random seeds
- Wormwood can only use Poop, Guano and Buckets-o-poop to heal. And the bucket gets more than one use. No more unintended Ash-strats.
- Fixed crash when trying to drop equipped item in zoomed interface with controller.
- Fix for potential crash when harvesting drying rack
- Wormwoods planted seeds won't crash the game when hit by a ground pound
- Fix a rare assert when Wilba sometimes transformed back from wereform
- Fixed potential assert with rainbow jelly migration.
- Fixed the non random seed placer
- No more seeds will spawn at 0,0,0 when Wormwoods plants them
- Fixed a tuber tree crash
- Fixed tumbleweed disappearing at the world edge.
February 8th, 2019
- Fix for being unable to bundle if the game had saved while bundling
- Wilba will now transform from her Werewilba form upon resurrecting
- Mini signs won’t fail to deploy if the mouse is on a object when the character goes to place it.
- Remapped controls should save properly again.
- Flytraps won’t crash the game for Wormwood now
- Flytraps won’t attack wormwood for carrying vegetables now.
- Werewilba can't equip a backpack now.
February 7th, 2019 - Character Update
- Fixed two "random" crashes ( scheduler.lua and shelf_slot.lua)
- Stopped rare pig relics from moving around during a load
- Fixed broken interaction with items on shelves.
- Fixed graphical positioning of items when taken off shelves
The Character Update is now live! This update focuses on making our new Hamlet characters more interesting for you to play, particularly when playing outside of the Hamlet world.
Wilba has inherited one of her father's more colourful characteristics, namely, she now carries the same curse that inflicts all of her father's family with dreaded werepigism. Also, all of pigkind from Hamlet's town pigs to those of ROG will now recognize her as the king's daughter, and pay her tribute in the form of gifts.
We weren't very happy with how Warbucks was working out. While trying to find ways to make him work, we decided that he just wasn't as interesting as we would like, and so we've made the decision to start from scratch. You can still continue your Warbucks saves as his files will not be removed from the game, but he will no longer be in the official lineup of starting characters.
Instead, we would like to introduce to you our new character, Wormwood! Who knows where this creature of nature came from, but he'll likely grow on you.
Thank you for playing, and we look forward to hearing your feedback!
- Added options for disabling the decorative vines and the canopy shadow in Hamlet for lower-end hardware.
- Blooming Rainforest trees will drop burrs when chopped
- Webber's disguise will show up if put on the ground now.
- Fixed random startup crash with blueprints in Hamlet compatible worlds.
- Fixed assert when trying to launch the game with The Screecher mod enabled.
- Lazy Forager doesn’t collect items off shelves anymore. Affected saves should be fixed
- Bundling wrap now works with controller.
- Zoomed inventory management (with controller) should now behave properly with shelves.
- Fixed "Text not found" in recipe popups when not near needed prototyping machine.
- Fixed an assert on load of some Hamlet compatible ShipWrecked worlds.
- Burned crops just produce burnt seeds unless fully mature
January 28th, 2019
- Fixed infinite loop when destroying a beehive in a world with bees set to ‘None’ for real this time
January 25th, 2019
- Fixed a crash with prepared food
- Fixed a bug with the cookpot text
- Fixed a rare bug in the mainmenu
- Brambles won’t spawn in the lily pond biome now.
- Fixed the number of minisigns given for SW compatible worlds.
January 24th, 2019
The pigs of Hamlet are feeling festive, but they need incentive to throw a party. Incentive like surviving an Aporkalypse.
So if you can survive several days of torment before you avert the cataclysm, the Pigs in towns all across Hamlet will throw a fiesta to celebrate life. Go join them in the fun.
- Pig towns will celebrate for a few days after an Aporkalypse
- Fixed mouse over detection on new Hamlet prepared foods
- Fixed mouse over detection on new Hamlet turf
- Fixed assert when traveling to Hamlet wearing the cowl
- Fixed assert on world load when Beefalo Mating Season was set to ‘Often’
- Fixed assert when unwrapping a bundle in a Vanilla world
- Fixed art problem with Woodie’s hair.
- Fixed a problem with the brush
- Fixed a typo in dungpile loot
- Fixed a tooltip on the Smelter
- Fixed crash when leaving interior with lazy explorer equipped
- Fixed smelter not working with controller/right mouse button
- Fixed infinite loop when destroying a beehive in a world with bees set to ‘None’
January 16th, 2019
- Fixed mousewheel scrolling in crafting tabs on OSX and Linux
- Fix Player house being locked again for some characters after obtaining deed
- Fixed crash when using crockpot in vanilla worlds
- Fast Scrolling craft menu tabs as in DST
- Skeletons can be hammered for Bone Shards in base DS now
- Fixed potential assert with bearger in Hamlet compatible worlds.
- Fixed missing minimap icon for cave entrance/exit in ROG
- Fixed assert when picking up Hamlet city possessions in linked worlds
- Fixed missing old bell blueprint in Hamlet compatible ROG world
- Mount injured hud fx fixed
- Mount speeds fixed
- Missing Mount animations fixed (actions properly limited)
- Fixed the missing turf art in Hamlet compatible worlds.
- Fixed Hamlet food in Warly’s crock pot.
- Burnt Ant Comb Homes won’t produce any more Mants.
- Can’t bundle bundles now.
- Fixed Willow’s arms when rowing.
- Fixed autumn colourcube in ROG worlds
January 14th, 2019
- Character stays stuck by goo properly when hit while gooed (Bring friends or armor.)
- Fixed graphics glitch when examining
- Fixed sneeze graphics glitch
- Fixed Wilbur run when riding beefalo
- Fixed the weird Cave Banana Tree in Hamlet compatible worlds.
- Fix for assert when burning a minisign in Vanilla worlds
- Fix assert when placing a gate in Vanilla or ROG worlds
- Fixed assert when a babybeefalo grew up in Hamlet or Hamlet compatible world
- Dismount with controller fixed
- Fences should load properly
- Fixup for items that went missing from locked display cases
- Beefalo mounts attack and take damage properly
January 11th, 2019
- Fix for potential crash when closing craft-tabs in Hamlet
- Fixed the Flingomatic
- Fixed the brush crash
- Fixed Beefalo shaving
- Fix for missing items on shelves
- Fixed several animation bugs when riding
- open close gate use anim fixed
- Fixed the ApplyBuildOverrides crash on baby beefalo
- Fixed disappearing items in shift-click
January 10th, 2019 - Quality of Life
- Fixed the craft tab scrolling crash
- Fixed the Hamlet compatible ROG crash
See also: Don't Starve - Version History.
Welcome to 2019 everyone! We start the new year with an update that brings several nice and fun features from Don't Starve Together to regular Don't Starve. These additions were added the base game and all DLCs.
- Beefalo taming and riding (Saddles, Brush, Saddlehorn)
- The Ewecus (for Steel Wool)
- Fences (Gates and Walls)
- Bundles (and Wax Paper and Bee's Wax)
- Mini signs (and the Feather Pen for writing)
- Action Key ability while holding an item on your cursor
- Trap pickup using the action key
- Along with these additions, the artists took some time to do a visual color pass of Hamlet. Some changes are larger than others, like seasonal tints and the new background color, and others are smaller, like the claw palm leaf color.
- Controller support was improved when interacting with interiors and interior decorating.
January 9th, 2019
- Fix for yesterday’s patch which caused a crash when trying to modify world settings with no DLC installed
January 8th, 2019
- Miner hat doesn't magically emit light anymore after re-entering an interior where it was left on the ground
- Fixed the rare relic that spawns outside the bounds of the room
- Fix for custom options and ROG worlds that are SW or Hamlet compatible
January 2nd, 2019
- Different handling for aporkalypse clock save load
- Willow's lighter should not lose light when moving between interior rooms
- Lanterns now properly remember whether they were on or off in interiors
December 21st, 2018
- Hopefully fixed elusive 'attempt to call nil value' bug.
- Shadow creatures spawned by aporkalypse now also despawn when arpokalypse ends
- Creatures spawned by aporkalypse now remember this fact after a save/load, so they should despawn when aporkalypse ends. Unfortunately ones that were spawned already can not be fixed up.
- Fixed potentially huge memory spike on load of world
December 20th, 2018
- Fixed fixup of world that were affected by the "disappearing suspicious crack" bug
- Fixed Aporkalypse clock not rotating
- Suspicious cracks were not meant to be axeable. They can't be axed now
- Fixed a bug that allowed some worlds to not have the herald pig ruins
- Fixed a save/load problem with the Aporkalypse Clock
- Fixup of worlds that were affected by the "disappearing suspicious crack" bug
- Fixes for Linux sound
- Potential fix for getting stuck outside walls when having followers
December 7th, 2018
- Fixed the water walking hippo's and poison dart frogs
- Fixed a bug with secret room doors leading to blackness
- All doors are opened now when you leave a ruin, that way, if you end up on the other side of the world, your way back is not blocked
December 6th, 2018 - Aporkalypse
- Fixed a crash when saving during the aporkalypse
- The Aporkalypse added. (best with new world, but old worlds are modified slightly to support it)
- Pugalisk leaves behind something new.
- Lowered the Beard Rug minimap priority
- Reduced pay for nightmare fuel
- Pigs have a bank (New worlds only. Old worlds can craft one with the key to the city)
- Queen's gallery has a new exhibit. (New worlds only)
- Fix for disappearing mandrake (or rare crash) when clicking mandrake in inventory
- Fixed the crash when bird whistle is consumed
- Fixed the crash when bird whistle is used in Survival or SW worlds.
- Fixed rare crash in meatrack
- Fixed crash with pugalisk switching targets
- Fixed city farm plots showing "MISSING NAME"
- Fixed city farm plots auto-replanting on load
- Key to City doesn't conflict with science machine et al anymore
- Fixed crash when a beehive was burning while the season changed
- Fixed invisible snakeskin in Hamlet compatible ShipWrecked world
- Fixed glowflies being deleted when in containers
- Fixed glowflies not giving off light when released from container
- Fixed glowflies not having a mouseover during daytime
- Can't turn a sprinkler on anymore when it's out of fuel
- Pig beautician now accepts thunderbird feathers
- Fixed yellow gem turning invisible when placed on shelf
- Mant suit now takes and displays proper damage
- Manure flies should not buzz anymore when there's no poop.
- Fixed crash when spawning a sprinkler away from water
- Fixed torches not losing durability after being hit by sprinkler
- ROC doesn't get stuck on trying to destroy farm plots with a crop anymore
- Farm plots can't be placed in interiors anymore
November 29th, 2018
- Shops don’t restock after shopkeeper has died.
- Items in Hamlet compatible ROG worlds don’t blow across the land anymore.
- Fixed a bird whistle crash.
- Fixed a disappearing glowfly cocoon bug.
- Fix crash when a boss destroyed a relic.
- Fix crash when deconstructing sprinkler.
- Saving a house that’s on fire won’t destroy its contents anymore.
- Fix crash when world hopping from ROG to Hamlet.
- Fixed another way the Roc could fail to grab the player.
- Fixed a bug with city pigs when they get hit.
- Fixed a save/load problem with Nettle plants.
November 27th, 2018
- Stolen items don't get replaced.
- Bandit camp drops a peagawk feather, not bone shards now.
- Mole hat works better indoors during the day.
- Nettle plant should naturally bloom more consistently during the humid season.
- Fixed a possible avenue that the roc can fail to grab the player, leaving them cowering.
- Fixed the disappearing shopkeeper desks.
- Fixed the problem of Ro-bin eggs incubating inside containers and on shelves.
- Fix for potential crash when entering the player’s own house.
- Exiting a burning house should not send the player off to the middle of nowhere anymore.
- Fixed the memory leak with the sprinkler.
Cause we could and it was asked for a long time.
- You can craft beard hair rug from beard hair and grass. (You know, in case you like pixel art and need black lines.)
November 23rd, 2018
- There was a problem with the fix for the fly buzzing. It had the unintended effect of having everything's inventory visible, so we rolled that fix back.
- Fixed a bug with beefalo loot drop.
- Implemented workaround for when player crashes on entering anthill. Root cause still under investigation.
- Woodie can use doors in the werebeaver form.
- Fixed some missing strings when the werebeaver gnaws on them.
- Fixed the perpetual fly buzzing sound when poop is dropped in interiors.
- Fixed a crash in non Hamlet Compatible worlds with the runaway component.
- Krampus is a bit more persistent.
- Customizing a SW compatible ROG world, no longer generates a Vanilla world.
- Fixed a bug with customization presets.
- Fixed Wilba’s missing map icon.
- Fixed several Wilba anim bugs.
- Fixed a problem with Glowflies not returning after saving in a humid season.
- Fixed a potential crash when an antman warrior’s queen was killed.
November 22nd, 2018
- Fixed a crash with followers.
November 21st, 2018
- Nettle plants do not bloom because of the Humid season now ( but they will still bloom in the Humid season, it's a subtle difference). They also do not like dirt other that Deep Jungle dirt.
- Player can't sneeze when making transitions now.
- Game won't crash when jumping to a SW or ROG world while the player suffers Hayfever.
- Pig mechanics are no longer a source of infinite hammers.
- The Pig Mayor won't fall asleep while hosting a guest now.
- Fixed hard crash when hitting the edge of the map in Hamlet compatible Shipwrecked world.
- Fix potential crash when attacking with an army of followers.
- Fixed a crash when two things took things from a shelf at the same time.
- Added StopHammerTime() console commands that attempts to removes all hammers lying on the ground in cities.
- Improved performance with hanging vine decorations and light rays.
November 20th, 2018
- Pugalisk ruin pillars save properly.
- Pugalisk fountain will reset (after the normal delay) when the player returns to hamlet if the Magic water was taken outside the world and used.
- Magic Water and magic Flower won't crash in a world with no Fountain of Youth.
- Fixed the disappearing home decor.
- Fixed the ottoman art.
- Reduced collision on home chairs.
- Reduced the odd items that get collected at 0,0,0.
- Fixed crash when target was destroyed while shooting it.
- Boat repair kit returns to the crafting menu.
- Sprinkler and fan are not common recipes now.
- Fixed crash with Ancient Robot Laser.
November 16th, 2018
- Reduced sanity gain from the Magic Flower.
- Fixed a crash with the gnatbrain.
- Fixed a Deciduous Monster Tree crash when the wind blows.
- Fix crash when resuming a world with a burnt shop.
- Fix crash when resuming a world with a burnt farm plot.
- Fixed crash related to loading burned shelves. Shelves were not supposed to be burnable.
- Fixed an extra way the roc cave exit could fail.
- Aloe, Radish and Asparagus seed icons fixed.
- Fix a crash related to items that lost track of their shelf as result of a previous bug.
- Fix rare crash when pog gets attacked while rummaging.
- Fixed crash when toggling on boat lantern.
- Fixed crash from dead bandits on world load.
- Fixed rare crash when pigs repair house.
- Fixed a bug with the Magic Flower.
November 15th, 2018
- Fixed character selection between DLC compatibilities.
- The Roc Cave should be exitable now.
- The Roc should not give house calls now.
- The Roc should show as frequently as is supposed to now.
- Fixed a crash with the infestable component.
- Fixed a crash when things that had previously been on a shelf are removed from game.
- Mined pillars save properly.
- Dart Traps save properly.
- Smashing Pots save properly.
- Player shouldn't spawn in the clouds now when leaving a building close to the edge of the world.
- Fixed the "inventoryimages2" crash.
November 13th, 2018
- Cork chests are Pog proof.
- Fixed an error with poison and fire snakes.
- The thunderbird will no longer attack the player postmortem.
- Fixed a bug with spiders when they investigated.
- Gnats will abandon chase if you get far enough away from them. If you can run faster than them...
- Fixed a bug with items that were on shelves that were hammered.
- The changes set in the customization are now properly applied to the game itself.
- Wilba can eat monster meat without penalty now.
- Fixed the background color problem when generating a ROG world.
November 8th, 2018
- Bug reporter didn’t properly unpause the game.
- World customization now works properly when world hopping in SW.
- Fixed a typo.
- Fixed the Crafting menu in non Hamlet compatible worlds.
- Fixed startup crash for people who had played the screecher previously.
- Fixed a crash that was looking for a missing DLC button for some people.
- Wilba added.
- Roc added.
- Skyworthy added.
- Fixed a string issue with WX "them" to "their".
- Fixed the "red" dusk in Winter.
- Fixed issue where player built shelves were not hammerable after save.
- Fixed bug with placing items on shelves.
- Fixed a crash when picking up items on shelves that had rotted.
- Fixed the craft tab spacing for Hamlet compatible RoG and SW worlds.
- Fixed several issues with Interior home decoration.
- Temporarily removed the "ornaments" crafting tab from home decor until it can get fixed.
- Temporarily removed the "fixed" sound filters for Winter and Summer until they are re-tuned.
October 26th, 2018
- Pig Guards won’t wear out their halberd.
- Fixed a crash on the armor component.
- Fixed the Radish calories.
- Flowers remain possessions of the pigs, even when evil.
- God mode now persistent in ruins.
- Pig Guard tower regen time proper.
- Fixed the fix that was fixing the “black room” bug.
- Increased Spider Monkey health and damage.
- Fog doesn’t dampen the sound anymore.
- Fog duration is shortened.
- Bat Cowl added to the recipes.
- Slower recovery from Hayfever with Gas Mask.
- Reduced Sneeze sanity damage a little
- Changed Radish food attributes.
- Rotten trees in gas biome stay rotten after a save.
- Spacebar action can’t be used to enter a burning home anymore.
- Pig houses and guard towers respawn delay fixed.
- Rebuilt pig houses and guard towers won’t spawn new pigs if the old pig lives.
- Fixed a linux script error crash.
- Fixed a second “black room” bug.
- Pig guards don’t crash anymore when their weapon runs out of durability.
- Can now place the tophat light in your house.
- Gnats are not auto targeted unless they are the last choice.
- Gnats don’t consume weapon durability anymore.
October 24th, 2018
- Warbucks sanity gain from holding money slowed a little but also can reach a higher top end.
- Warbucks has no extra sanity gain from eating prepared foods (just the normal).
- Fixed some object parenting bugs with save and reload.
- Fixed a crash with the newsletter.
- Pig don’t like you digging up their stuff.
- Guard pigs will fight back even if fixated on oincs.
- Added Bug reporter to script error screen.
October 22th, 2018
- Vampire bat damage increased.
- Pig guards more resilient.
- Fixed scorpions immune to gaze beam.
- Fixed the crash with Warbucks and the crockpot.
- Lowered the Usher's and mechanics trade price.
- Pig poop frequency reduced.
- Flower Pig no longer trades for poop.
- Warbucks Sanity reduce, higher penalty for eating unprepared foods and lower sanity gain from holding gold.
- Warbucks starts with ball pein hammer and halves durability usage of Treasure Hunting items.
- Mant Queen buffed.
- Fixed the missing frozen adult flytrap state.
- Pangolden will poop gold now.
- Fixed the pig ruins that could be entered without hacking after a save.
- Fixed the broken sound problem with the key to the city.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the world to spawn without all the required pig ruins.
- Fixed the issue where houses and shops would be all black.
October 19th, 2018
- Vampire Bat wave numbers reduced.
- Asparagus, Aloe and Radish spoilage time reduced.
- Deli prices and Hoofspa prices changed a little.
- Pig and ant statues will drop 2 nuggets when chiseled.
- Rabid Beetle spawning patches reduced a little.
- Vines no longer regrow in the ruins until player exits the ruins.
- Pig relic rocks remain used when the game is reloaded.
- Fixed a bug with guard towers and pathfinding.
- Fixed a crash when a city pig is killed after a save.
- Fixed a crash when hammering sometimes.
- Burnt Tubers can be chopped for charcoal.
- Fixed a crash when Hippos and Hulks lose a target.
- Pig Ruins doors should not close now, after a player has used the door.
- Fixed some interior props that gets flipped during a reload.
- Fixed the bug with the Gallery Exhibit lock and key after a save.
- Fixed the rain every time you leave a building.
- Warbucks sounds hooked up.
- Added a Bug Report function to the options menu on the title screen.
- Added profiler support to analyze performance issues.
- Code support to help to fix the “black room” bug.
- Add consolecommand c_tryexitblackroom() which tries to spawn you outside the room in case you're stuck in the "black room bug".
October 17th, 2018
- Pigs will reset their trading properly each day.
- Tuber Trees bloom in Lush season, not Humid.
- Fixed a world gen crash with the "bunch spawner".
- Can’t exit the boat onto the clouds now.
- Fixed shopkeeper inspection lines.
- Fixed the broken lotus inspection.
- Fixed a crash in the console when you hit the "[" key.
- Fixed a crash when going into and out of interiors.
- Peagawk won't eat food while it's still a bush.
- Fixed a bug when topiary are destroyed.
- Fixed a bug with the Pheromonestone.
- Fixed a graphics bug with Wolfgang.