June 10 2013 - Its not a rock!
Naturally Generated Objects
May 21 2013 - Underground
- Batilisks -- drops Batilisk Wings or Monster Meat, produce Guano.
- Two new kinds of Spider -- Cave Spider and Spitter -- believed to drop Spider Glands, Silk and Monster Meat.
- Snurtles and Slurtles -- drops a wearable Shell -- Eats Rocks to produce Slurtle Slime.
- Bunnymen -- drops Meat, 2 Carrots or Bunny Puff
- Spawns from Naturally generated, and craftable 'Carrot Houses'
- They will start attacking you if you have meat in your inventory.
Naturally Generated Objects:
- Mushtrees -- a light source -- drops 2 Logs and a Blue Cap when chopped.
- Stalagmites -- Similar to overworld Boulders. Drops Rocks, Flint, Gold Nuggets and Nitre.
- Light Flower -- a light source -- grows Light Bulb, used to craft and fuel Lanterns
- New Turf - Mud, Fungal
- Lanterns -- craftable light source. Both portable and refuelable. Uses Light Bulbs.
- Fur Roll -- craftable survival item. Multiple-use sleeping roll that restores health in addition to sanity upon use.
- Rabbit Hutch -- craftable structure. Houses one Bunnyman.
- Earthquakes in Caves, that drop Rocks, Flint, Gold Nuggets, Nitre, Marble and Red and Blue Gems from the top making all of them renewable resource. Falling objects damage player on impact. Falling objects also cast a shadow, making them easy to avoid.
- This event will cause the various types of Slurtle to emerge and feast on rocks
- Shift-click moves items between open containers. Ctrl-Shift-click manipulates stacks in the same way
- Abigail and Chester no longer trigger traps
- Hammering is a RMB action
- Bush Hat hide is an RMB toolbar action
- Birds in Birdcages now sleeping at Night, although they will wake up if player feeds them.
- Tents no longer can be used in dangerous situations.
- Sewing Kit can now repair clothing without it being taken off
- If two pigmen who are befriended are told to break a burnt down tree, they will do it forever and give off infinite charcoal
- Sometimes Night Hand's sound will play in the day after the night.
April 20 2013 - The End of the Beginning
- Finished Adventure Mode
- Divining Rod - helps you track down missing portal pieces
- Some of the Dress items have durability
- Sewing Kit - repairs degraded clothing items
- Wes is now unlocked by finding him in Adventure Mode
- Beating Adventure Mode unlocks Maxwell as a playable character
- Frog Rain
- Butterfly Wings only heal 8 points of health now
- RMB replaced with a right mouse button icon
- Pine Cones need to grow before becoming tier 1 trees
- Birds in cages no longer take RAW monster meat or eggs in return for fresh eggs
- New sounds.
- Spiky Bushes now grow twigs, and can be transplanted
- Tallbirds can't be stunlocked
- Maxwell's Light
- Nightmare Throne
- Nightmare Lock
- Chests can be placed much more tightly
- Updates moved to a 3 week schedule with earlier testing releases
- Added Sewing Kit recipe
- Nightmare Fuel now requires 4 Dark Petals
- Beefalo Hat now requires 8 Beefalo Wool and 1 Beefalo Horn
- Top Hat now requires 6 Silk
- Dapper Vest now requires 8 Hound's Tooth and 6 Silk
- Breezy Vest now requires Koalefant Trunk and 8 Silk
- Puffy Vest now requires Winter Koalefant Trunk, 8 Silk and 2 Beefalo Wool
- Using Tent doesn't consume hunger (Could be intentional)
- Koalefant's footprints in the edge of the world disappear after investigating the Suspicious Dirt Pile
April 29 - Hotfix
- Divining Rod is craftable in survival mode, and can help find the adventure portal
- Fixed resolution problems when windows is set to use large icons and text
- OSX and Linux versions save fullscreen property in settings.ini
- Walls that have been destroyed and then repaired have proper collision
- Fix crash when instantiating blueprints when you have already unlocked all crafting recipes
- Fix linux save folder filename case issues
- Triggered but still empty Traps do not play full animation
- Berry Bushes play the right animation when Gobblers enter them at dusk
- Updated credits list
- Fix for crash when putting food into sick wormhole
- Fix for crash when attempting to blow up the nightmare throne
- Removed "beta" from chrome footer
- Fixed external website buttons on credits page on chrome
May 1 - Hotfix
- Added "Default Plus" preset
- Fixed issue where death menu buttons could become unresponsive
- Gold-vein rocks always drop at least one gold
- Increased Nitre drop rate on nitre rocks
May 2 - Hotfix
- User-overrides take precedence over preset overrides (so you can play default plus with fewer spiders if you like)
- You can back out of the customization screen and go back into it and it won't forget your changes
April 9 2013 - The End is Nigh
- The game now runs on Mac and Linux on Steam
- The game properly supports monitors with aspect ratios other than 16:9
- You can resize the HUD in the options menu
- The debug menu is disabled by default. You can enable it by editing your settings.ini
- You can find blueprints which unlock some recipes early
- Added lumpy trees that don't drop pine cones
- Added pig heads on sticks in merm-land, merm heads on sticks in pig-land
- Added titles at the start of adventure mode
- Some resource types will randomly swap out in adventure mode levels
- Wormholes are now much more common.
- Some optimization work for worlds with lots of entities
- Entity culling works properly with gigantic resolutions
- Mushrooms don't re-grow in winter
- Tools and weapons can't be placed in containers by drag&drop over containers, they can only be placed directly into containers' slots.
March 26 2013 - Doorway to Adventure
- Adventure mode is now integrated into survival mode. In a survival mode level, you can find a special portal that will take you to the start of adventure mode. If you die in adventure mode, you will wake up back in your survival level, outside of the portal. From there you can try again (restarting at level 1, of course). Dying in survival mode is still perma-death-fatal, and retrying a survival level will always generate a new one for you. Any existing saves that you might have from previous patches will be interpreted as survival levels - you should be able to teleport out of them to get access to the new features.
- New front-end screens for dealing with the save slots and the new game flow.
- The adventure levels have been re-done to better match what their final structure will be. They’re still a bit rough around the edges, but you can start to see the overall sweep of the game now. Please see the detailed descriptions at the end of the change list.
- Healing Salve - Made from crushed spider glands and ash - heals 20 health
- Lightning Rod - Protects bases against lightning, gives you a night of free light when struck.
- Heat Stone - Place it near a fire to warm it up, and then carry it around with you to fend off the bitter frost.
- Earmuffs - Made from rabbits, of course!
- Piggyback - A fancier, bigger backpack (that slows you down!)
- The Bishop - guards Maxwell’s structures with lightning shots
New Level Features
- Chess biome! In adventure levels, Maxwell's influence has begun creeping into the environment.
- Points of interest and traps - these are small, non-random areas that have good or bad effects.
- Touch Stone - these mysterious stones act as one-time-use meat effigies if you touch them. There are a handful generated in each survival level.
- Maxwell's Door - leads to adventure mode.
- Pleasingly-arranged mushroom rings
- One-way ,,Sick´´ wormhole (only in adventure mode currently)
- Pig-head-on-a-stick - someone’s been busy!
- Variant Berry Bush
- Compressed the XP track. You now earn 20xp per survival mode day at a flat rate, and unlock all the XP-unlockable characters a lot more quickly
- Characters have a bit more health by default. This is to reduce the number of one-shot player deaths, and give you more of a chance to run away from danger.
- The player now has 15 inventory slots
- When you advance through the teleportato in adventure mode, you can only take four items with you. Choose wisely!
- Sanity depletion in the rain is less harsh
- The HUD is a bit smaller, to show more of the game world
- Removed low-level farm plots. We really didn’t need three versions of the same thing.
- Deerclops, lightning and beefalo mating season are configurable through level gen parameters
- Stepping on spider ground will trigger a response from the den
- Tweaked mushroom spawn chances
- Abigail has more health, but enemies will fight back against her
- Many new map icons, including backpacks and Chester!
- Crock-pot fixes: mushrooms count as vegetables, fixed frogglebunwich recipe
- You can no longer carry an extra backpack in your hands as you walk around.
- Werepigs don’t kite. They are too angry for that.
- The death screen buttons should always work now.
- RMB can be used to light things on fire when the torch is equipped (useful at night)
- Added a default start node so that maxwell and wilson not occluded
- Frozen ponds can't be fished anymore.. but you can walk across them.
- MacTusk can miss you with his blowdart
- Spiderhat / Miner hat show remaining fuel
- Treeguards can be set on fire more than once
- Lua console now supports arrow keys
- Fireflies glow more reliably at the right times
- Trap icons don't show up on the map when inside a container
- Chester is immune to ghosts
- Chester has much more health, and resurrects after only one day
- Fix spider jump attack sometimes not actually jumping
- Spider jump attack will not hurt Wilson when it misses
- Birds that are flying away shouldn't re-start their fly-away animations mid-flight
- Rabbits will try to avoid a player between them and their home
- Fix to Abigail/ghost movement stuttering
- Ghosts pathfind, but will go through walls or objects if needed
- Abigail will show up at least every 3 nights
- Abigail will spawn some distance away from Wendy
- Wandering creatures will try to avoid walls and water
- Fleeing creatures will try to avoid running into walls
- Fix apparent duplicate item when dropping item on the ground and then into your backpack before the drop happens
- Fix infinite bees spawning from beebox by repeatedly saving/loading game
- When murdering an entire stack of helpless creatures in your inventory, loot is gained for each individual, not just once
- Waking up sleeping hunting hounds at night will rouse the walruses from their slumber
- Fixed a bug where you could use a sleeping bag or tent during the transition from night to day to skip an entire day.
Level Descriptions: The adventure levels are still being worked on and refined, but here's an idea of where the are right now and where we want them to be.
Near-constant rain and frequent short winters take a toll on your sanity and your fires. You must survive in these more extreme conditions as you hunt for the teleportato pieces. When complete, this level should feel similar to a survival level, but with increased pressure on all your resources.
This level is smaller and shorter than the previous level, but it is permanently winter! The aim is to survive the cold without any preparation time. When complete, this level should keep you moving quickly.
The level features a resource-rich central island, surrounded by dangerous lands containing each of the teleportato pieces. Right now it's still fairly lush, but eventually the outlying islands should be quite inhospitable!
Use the first land to stock up. Once you pass through the dying wormhole, you'll need everything you've got to survive. We're currently still working on the balance between the two lands.
This level should put your survival skills to the ultimate test, not only will there be harsh weather and tough monsters, but resources will be extremely scarce. Eventually. Right now it's just been roughed in, but it's still got lots of badguys in it!
Maxwell is still devising this level...
March 28/29 - Hotfix
- fixed the reusable Meat Effigy bug
March 27 2013 - Hotfix
- new berry bush is affected by berry bush slider
- spider scouts will call for reinforcements if you hit them near their nests
- mist is less dense
- fixed two-backpack spacebar loophole
- fixed missing string for meat effigy recipe
- mctuskcity setpiece is disabled (you didn't want to find that one...)
- fix crash when picking up some burnt items
- fix for crash in chest_foodspoil setpiece
March 12 2013 - A Little Rain Must Fall
- Rain comes during the summer to ruin your fires and dampen your spirits. Watch out for lightning strikes!
- Sandbox custom mode sliders are all unlocked. You can make the game really, really hard now.
- Pathfinding works over long distances
- Day length changes throughout seasons
- Modders can bring up an interactive lua console with the ~ key
- Put in very rough sketches of the actual adventure levels. It’s very rough at this point, and the ‘story’ bits are missing, but the basic structure is in place.
- Added lots of little set pieces using new objects that try to impede your progress.
New stuff to build
| valign="top" style="width:50%;" |
| valign="top" style="width:50%;" |
New stuff in the world