It is characterized by its red leaf-like Turf, its abundant Rainforest Trees, Great Leafy Stalks, its Nettle Vines, and its Ancient Pig Ruins. There are also several unique aesthetic effects, such as shadows of leaves projected on the ground, accompanied by a foliage effect on the sides of the screen that rustle with the player's movement, which both seem to suggest a canopy lies above the biome. Being under the canopy will also trigger its specific ambient music, which will not stop until the player exits the canopy.
The Deep Rainforest is more dangerous than most other biomes. In addition to limited visibility from shadows and foliage, many dangerous lifeforms such as the Hanging Vines, Snaptooth Seedlings, Snaptooth Flytraps and Spider Monkeys can be found here.
- The entrance leading to the Fountain of Youth's Island has an artichoke boulder on the top.
- The entrance leading to the Palace's Island has a Pig statue on the top.
- The BFB hardly enters this biome, presumably as it is too big to go under the canopy.
- Deep Rainforest Turf can be obtained using the Console. Entering Deep Rainforest Turf spawned this way will cause leaves to appear on the screen (as if the player entered the biome).
- When entering this biome and raining, the canopy will provide shelter, granting 35% Wetness resistance, and preventing held Torches from being affected by Rain.
|Surface||Chess • Grasslands • Graveyard • Forest • Marsh • Mosaic • Rockyland • Savanna
(Desert • Deciduous Forest ) (Beach • Coral Reef • Jungle • Magma Field • Mangrove • Meadow • Ocean • Tidal Marsh • Volcano ) (Battlegrounds • Cultivated • Deep Rainforest • Gas Rainforest • Lily Pond • Pig City • Painted • Pinacle • Rainforest • Suburbs • Wild Plains ) (Lunar Forest • Lunar Mine • Rocky Beach )
|Caves||Mushtree Forest • Rocky Plains • Stalagmite Terrain • Sunken Forest • Cave Swamps|
|Ruins||Labyrinth • Military • Sacred • Village • Wilds
|Related||Bridge • Map • Road (Trail) • Turfs • Abyss
(Interiors ) (Lunar Island )