Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Crabby Hermit goes out of the Hermit Home during the day. She roams on her island, performing various tasks, mostly fishing. She will approach and comment while the player is performing a task. She is immune to any damage.
Tasks[edit | edit source]
When a task is completed for the first time, the friendship with the Crabby Hermit increases by one level. Each task can be redone several times for extra Bundle of Thanks, but they will not grant extra friendship.
Beyond level 1, being in proximity to the Crabby Hermit grants access to the Bottle Exchange Tab. More recipes are unlocked at friendship level 3, 6, 8, and 9.
When friendship goes to levels 2, 4, 5 and 7, she gives the player a Bundle of Thanks. She also gives a Bundle of Thanks when a task is performed for the second time and for each of the following ones.
At level 10, if the Hermit Home is fully upgraded, she gives the Pearl's Pearl.
The color of the Crabby Hermit's speech is initially light pink. At level 4, the color changes to light magenta. At level 8, the color changes again to light purple, and players will see her as Pearl and her Hermit Home as Pearl's Place. At this point, she will also dance when a player performs the dance emote.
The tasks players can perform for the Crabby Hermit are:
- Each upgrade of the Hermit Home (3 in total).
- Planting 10 Flowers on the Hermit Island, this task can only be done once.
- Drying 6 Food items simultaneously on the Hermit Island. This task can be redone if the Crabby Hermit eats 6 foods on drying racks.
- Fertilizing 8 Berry Bushes on the Hermit Island, this task can only be done once.
- Removing all Underwater Salvageables around the Island.
- Killing a Meat Bulb on the Hermit Island, it cannot be planted by a player. A Meat Bulb appears on the Hermit Island at the beginning of spring if this task was never completed.
- Giving Pretty Parasol, Umbrella or Eyebrella to the Crabby Hermit when it's Raining.
- Giving a body Insulation dress to the Crabby Hermit when Snow is falling.
- Giving Flower Salad to the Crabby Hermit, only once every 10 days.
- Giving a heavy Fallounder to the Crabby Hermit, this task gives an extra Advert for Stupefying Lure.
- Giving a heavy Bloomfin Tuna to the Crabby Hermit, this task gives an extra advert for Rainy Day Lure.
- Giving a heavy Scorching Sunfish to the Crabby Hermit, this task gives an extra advert for Heavy Weighted Lure.
- Giving a heavy Ice Bream to the Crabby Hermit, this task gives an extra advert for Snow Day Lure.
- Giving 5 heavy Ocean Fishes to the Crabby Hermit, excluding the four seasonal fishes.
Bottle Exchange[edit | edit source]
Below is a table of the levels of friendship required to unlock each of the Bottle Exchange Tab items.
|Shell Bell Bundle||1|
|Pinchin' Winch Blueprint||1|
|Shell Beach Turf Blueprint||1||×3|
|Jet Quill Float||3|
|Crimson Quill Float||3|
|Azure Quill Float||3|
|Saffron Quill Float||3|
|Rainy Day Lure||6||×2|
|Snow Day Lure||6||×2|
|Heavy Weighted Lure||6||×2|
|Down Quill Float||8||×3|
|Malbatross Quill Float||8||×3|
Bundle of Thanks[edit | edit source]
A Bundle of Thanks is given by the Crabby Hermit to reward tasks.
Bundle of Thanks contains 3 random Shell Bells (40%, 40%, 20%), except at level 2 where there aren't any. It also contains 1 Honey if the Flower task has been completed.
At level 2, 4, 5 and 7 the Bundle of Thanks also contains one random Lure from the following: Rainy Day Lure, Snow Day Lure, Stupefying Lure and Heavy Weighted Lure, with a 25% chance each.
Shell Bell Bundle[edit | edit source]
Shell Bell Bundle contains 4 random Shell Bells with a 40% chance for Soprano Shell Bell, a 40% chance for Alto Shell Bells and a 20% chance for Baritone Shell Bell.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Crabby Hermit quotes can be found here.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Crabby Hermit and the Bundle of Thanks were introduced in the She Sells Sea Shells update.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Sounds[edit | edit source]
|Crabby Hermit's voice.|
|The musical stings that sound when a new level of friendship has been achieved.|