It has 375 durability and absorbs 65% of physical damage. Whenever a Character wearing the Bramble Husk is attacked by a Mob, 22.5 damage is dealt to each Mob within a radius of one tile. This effect is not triggered by things such as ingesting a Venom Gland or taking damage from Heat, Cold or Hunger.
It also has the added bonus of preventing damage from Spiky Bushes, Brambles, Bramble Blooms, and Bramble Traps. This means that one can harmlessly harvest Spiky Bushes, damage Brambles and Bramble Blooms without any worry, or stand next to a Bramble Trap when it is triggered and not take any splash damage. Durability of the armor is not decreased when this effect occurs.
- This item is very useful in tandem with the Bramble Trap, since using it will let the player avoid their splash damage altogether.
- Although it shares many similarities with the Cactus Armor included in the Shipwrecked DLC, the Bramble Husk will not prevent an Elephant Cactus from damaging the player.
- This piece of armor can also prove extremely useful when dealing with big tentacle, as the splash damage will kill all the baby tentacle that spawn around the player, in a manner similar to Fugu Hutch.
- Especially in Don't Starve Together, the armor is quite frail; it would be advantageous to wear a piece of head armor with the Bramble Husk.
- In Don't Starve Together, wearing the Football Helmet will reduce the damage dealt to the Bramble husk to roughly 44%. Doing so, the Bramble Husk's durability is essentially increased from 262.5 to 475.78.