The Brain of Thought is a craftable Hat Item from the Shipwrecked DLC. It requires an Alchemy Engine or Sea Lab to prototype, and 1 Brainy Matter, 1 Jellyfish, and 2 Ropes to craft. It is used to access hidden crafting recipes that have not been prototyped, including Volcanic Tab items, which cannot be prototyped and require being near an Obsidian Workbench to craft. A Brain of Thought can be used to craft 4 items and /or Structures, after which it will disappear. Crafting a recipe with a Brain of Thought will not count as prototyping.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Caution is advised, as the Brain of Thought will lose one use upon crafting any recipe while it is equipped, even if the recipe was previously prototyped.
- It can be helpful as a replacement for science or magic stations during Monsoon Season if they become flooded and non-functional.
- In the Hamlet DLC, a Brain of Thought allows access to Ancient Tab, Volcanic Tab and City Planning Tab recipes at the same time, no matter in which world the player currently is.
- Because you usally need to be near an ancient pseudoscience station to craft stuff in the Ancient Tab, this can be an alternitive.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name may be a pun on the common saying "I lost my train of thought.".