The Boat is a structure exclusive to Don't Starve Together. It can be created by launching a Boat Kit into the Ocean.
A Boat can be moved by players by using Oar, Driftwood Oar, or the Malbatross Bill. Masts can be built on a Boat to obtain a constant thrust. The Steering Wheel Kit is used to direct the thrust of all equipped masts. An Anchor Kit can be built on a Boat to slow down or stop.
A Boat starts with 200 health, represented by the icon . It takes damage by colliding with certain objects in the water such as Sea Stacks or Salt Formations, coasts, or the border of the world. Taking damage can create a leak in the boat that does constant damage (-0.5 /s per small leak and -1 /s per large leak) until a Boat Patch, Trusty Tape or Tree Jam is used on the leak. Boats can be repaired by using wood material.
|Boat Patch||25 (repair leak)|
|Log, Driftwood Piece||12.5|
|Trusty Tape||0 (repair leak)|
|Tree Jam||20 (repair leak)|
When reaches 0 the boat sinks. It leaves 4 Boards and half of the materials used to create all the structures on the boat. All Players drown and reappear on the nearest coast. They lose 25% of their max health (similar to when being ressurected by Telltale Heart), -25 Hunger, -25 Sanity, gain 100% Wetness and drop half of their inventory slots into the water. WX-78 loses 40% of their max health and -50 sanity. Woodie loses -50 hunger in normal form and -100 Beaverness in Werebeaver form. Wurt does not lose any stats, does not drop items, and does not receive health penalty, but gets 50 wetness. Each Boat has one plank, which can be used to abandon ship with the same effects as drowning.
Being made of wood, the boat itself is flammable and can catch fire (either from placing an open Campfire on it, or having the fire spread to other onboard flammable items), causing heavy damage to the boat depending on how many current segments are currently in flames (there are 5 segments total, the center, and 4 on each side). Contained fires, such as a Firepit or Scaled Furnace, can be safely placed and used on the boat.
In addition to sailing, a boat can be used to bridge together small gaps between land branches. This allows players to speed up their travel at little cost.
- Players can put Houndius Shootius on the boat and anchor the boat offshore to cheese mobs and bosses on land. This method does not work on the Hounds though because they can swim to the boat. Deerclops and Bearger will move out of the Houndius Shootius's range if they are hit and cannot reach Houndius Shootius to hit it back.
- A few mobs can actually jump onto your boat, including Pigs, Hounds, etc. You could use this to your advantage.
- Deerclops, Moose/Goose, Klaus (including his Gem Deer, red Gem Deer's fire geyser does NOT ignite the boat on fire) are unable to damage the boat by any means, Bearger can damage and push the boat with his shockwave attack. This can be used to "cheese" certain bosses, as jumping on the boat in the right time allows the player to avoid the damage and effect caused by the boss.
- Lureplants don't spawn Eyeplants when on a boat. You could use this to easily get Leafy Meat.
- The Boat Kit was introduced in the Turn of Tides update.