It would appear that, as of the "Strange New Powers" update, there is a chance a trap will fail to catch a bird and simply break, leaving the bird that triggered the trap lying on the ground for a very brief time before flying away. The failed trap can still be picked up and reset, but this still costs one durability use. It is currently unknown whether the chance of a trap failing is based on a certain probability, bird type, or player proximity.
- Following the Version_History#Naughty_and_Nice update, Feathers and Morsels can no longer be acquired directly using the trap. Instead, murdering the bird while it is in the inventory is now necessary.
- In old science system, the Bird Trap used to cost 30 Research Points to craft.
- Sometimes birds will glitch out of traps after being caught.
- Sometimes the traps disappear, but they still show up on the map. The player can press space when near it to get it back.
- If you place the traps with seeds, save and get out of the game when you return there's a big chance two or three traps will capture birds.