Objects that are situated very close to the abyss may drop their items in this endless pit, and aside from bugged objects, they will fall into the depths and be unretrievable.
Unlike its surface counterpart, the Ocean, which can spawn Pengulls, the Abyss currently doesn't spawn any Mobs.
- In the early versions of the Caves, terrain was limited by walls instead of the abyss.
- Items that drop in the abyss will make a splash animation as if it were made of water.
- Naturally spawning entities such as mushrooms can sometimes spawn in the abyss.
- There have been instances of Flotsam spawning in the abyss of the caves.
- It is possible to hover over the Abyss by approaching the edge at high speeds (40+). However, the speed required to achieve this cannot be legitimately obtained.